Luxury hotel bans all social media influencers

jaron

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/hotel-bans-influencers-instagram-social-media-stars-elle-darby-the-white-moose-cafe-a8166926.htm

A hotel has banned YouTubers and Instagram stars - after a 22-year-old YouTuber asked for a five-night free stay and broke down in tears when she was bluntly refused.

This is a generation who grew up surrounded by celebrity cult, tv reality and social media narcissism. Everyone wants to be famous nowadays, but give them a mic and none of them has anything to say (except talk about themselves).

I find that both funny and sad! :dazed:

1 hour ago, Moka said:

This is a generation who grew up surrounded by celebrity cult, tv reality and social media narcissism. Everyone wants to be famous nowadays, but give them a mic and none of them has anything to say (except talk about themselves).

more sad than funny if you ask me

1 hour ago, Moka said:

absolutley right. The immense of arrogance on instagram will damage those later when they age tremendously....

I can't stand these people.  Who do they think they are ? This girl is so annoying. Talentless, boring, stupid, whining, entitled and bratty. Why on Earth does anyone listen to them. Same with reaction videos. 

To the hotel :clap: 

18 hours ago, jaron said:

Why did she disable the comment? Can't accept the fact that she's nothing but a blackmailer? Can't take the true tea?

If you search her name and hotel on youtube, 99% of the people trashes her. That explains a lot why she disabled the comment in her own video.

Hmmmm...I tried watching her response and was so annoyed within minutes, I had to stop. On the one hand, she's obviously a very naive young woman. The older I get, the harder it is for me to completely blame these kids who grew up in such a shitty age of technological transition - however - this is life, babe. School of hard knocks. You live and you learn. You can't expect fame (even in this global piss pot called social media) to be roses all the time. Maybe you need a little bloody nose to feel some humility. Obviously, that isn't the lesson she took from this and thus her life will continue to be a major disappointment to her.

And the fact that she starts this video with "I never, ever, feed into drama..." is laughable. Bitch, you don't even know who you are. This has to be one of the most overly dramatic reactions I've ever seen. If she was talking about Syrian refugees dying, it would warrant this level of emotion and disgusted. Your email got released and trolled. You're still sitting in your comfy bedroom with electricity and soft pink clothing. Give it a rest, you idiot.

A 17 LONG VIDEO TO EXPLAIN HOW HUMILIATED SHE FELLS??? :rotfl:

Seventeen fucking minutes to expose herself being humiliated. These people are sickos and most of their audiences are wannabes, equally psychos. 

Good for the hotel. 

100% support the hotel! All of these people with their damn blogs expect free stuff.  I run a restaurant in Downtown Austin in a very famous building and it annoys the shit out of me the bloggers/YouTube people trying to get free meal for them to eat there.  My company is sadly- 100% giving but give it a year and they will be fed up with this shit as well.

Loving her video. I'm going to watch it again and every time she says 'literally' out of those puffy fish lips, I'm going to have a drink. 

I need one after 17 minutes of watching her being a victim begging for attention and crying about 'being bullied by the mean unhappy man' (who has just come back from Paris and I'm sure is not at all unhappy with his life). 

But what would I know since I am after all 'over 30' and therefore know nothing about her powerful job following her dream helping people cliche blah blah wah wah!

18 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I can't stand these people.  Who do they think they are ? This girl is so annoying. Talentless, boring, stupid, whining, entitled and bratty. Why on Earth does anyone listen to them. Same with reaction videos. 

To the hotel :clap: 

This.

Well, those of us who are a journalist will have experienced the stupidity of it all. Of promotional campaings aimed to these nobodies while we, who are writing pieces who are going to be read by tens of thousands of people are completely forgotten. I just can´'t.