MadonnaNation.com Forums
Mattress

Madonna working on new music with Billboard & Starrah

10 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

https://www.allmusic.com/artist/mathieu-jomphe-mn0002591540

Billboard AKA  Mathieu Jomphe produced freaking haylcon by Ellie goulding I mean this guy knows music 

Thank you! Now I know this guy is a composer. I always get confused about what people actually contribute to the new music. So we know she has a songwriter and a composer by her side. 

He seems to be very versatile. From  B.O.B to kesha. Shakira Ariana Grande, Ellie goulding and Even Ghosttown. It's only good news  

On 1/11/2018 at 7:12 AM, veronicaeletronika said:

Madonna needs to stop making album JUST TO TOUR! Everybody knows that she is huge on tour, but her tickets is not selling the way it used to.

Agreed. Now that her Live Nation contract deadlines are not looming over her, she might feel more free to take her time.

Edited by evrybdygegeget
I wanted to word it better?

That is not true,

I mean before artists were touring to sell albums. Now it's totally the opposite.  

3 hours ago, Barbie said:

Doubtful.

Well they fixed Erotica, Die Another Day, Hollywood, and Cherish.on the second CD pressing, so they did pay attention to the (rightful) "hysteria" - which did indeed stem from Mattress' comprehensive review/thread on this forum.

3 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

I sort of realised the other day that Celebration may never see a vinyl repress as it would be also fixing the vinyl version. Which, surely they wouldn't be allowed to alter at this point?

Hmm dunno, I don't think there would be a problem in simply fixing existing errors, the problem would be trusting them to actually fix it, or even realise it needs fixing after so many years. Quality control isn't exactly their forte.

5 hours ago, alquemist said:

Born Brittany Hazzard, Starrah is a 27-year-old triple threat singer, rapper and songwriter who has been having a monster 2017. Among her hits in the past year: Nicki Minaj's "No Frauds," Halsey's "Now or Never," Katy Perry's "Swish Swish" and Maroon 5's "What Lovers Do." According to a recent Billboard profile, she got her start selling song hooks on Instagram for $100 a pop; an A&R person at Madonna's Maverick Records discovered her on SoundCloud and helped her land her first placement, Kid Ink's 2015 hit "Be Real." Since then, her client list has grown to include Rihanna, Drake, Travis Scott and Calvin Harris. She's also pursuing her own artist career, including a forthcoming collaborative EP with Diplo.

http://www.laweekly.com/music/the-20-best-pop-songwriters-in-2017-8763662

1 hour ago, JWAD said:

That’s incorrect, Maverick Records was dissolved into WB about 12 years ago. It doesn’t exist anymore. “Maverick” is now a multi-management company entity re-designed and re-imagined by Oseary and a collaboration with other big management companies. 

They haven't really explained it properly. She was brought to Maverick Management by Nick Jarjour, who reached out to her via SoundCloud is probably what they should have said. :-)

10 hours ago, drunkbysix said:

I have NEVER EVER seen an artist held to this standard like madonna has. 

Well, you need to go outside of this forum then.

Beyonce is damn near 40 and is STILL creating music for the masses. Justin Timberlake. Pharrell. 

Well duh, everyone creates music for the masses, that's not the point.
Beyonce has focused on making quality albums with universal acclaim, that's why she's slaying stadiums now and outselling every pop girl there, she won the indie crowd and the GP crowd and now she's miles ahead of her peers. She would've been flopping if she hadn't elevated her game while focousing on releasing generic music. You know, exactly what Madonna did in the 90s and early 00s, shocking.
JT is getting panned and dragged nowadays, 
Didn't you see recently how Eminem fans were slamming him for his subpar album? lol
What you say is not just false, but most important those people are not at Madonna's level for god's sake. You're not doing her any favors by comparing her with them and their fans.

These are nostalgic acts and I haven’t heard any of their fans begging them to create music of the past. Guess what? If Madonna creates the album you want her to, 

Wishing a new album that's not chasing basic trends and just as good as her old albums =/= wanting exactly the same music of the past. It amazes me how some of you fail to understand this.

she’s NOT gonna sell! Nobody will care about the album but us. We will be nice and satisfied with our new introspective, “innovative” mature album and the GP will not give a damn. 

Then how albums like ROL, LAP, COADF were highly successful (ROL even outsold LAP)? please tell me.

The GP still will not give a damn if she's making the same mistakes, you've not learning anything in recent years, are you?, she'd be accused of trying to appeal to teens, mediocre reviews would come, teens would pay her dust as usual and they will drag her.. trend hopper, generic music, following trends again, making trendy hip and happening music,the declining quality of Madonna's music!!!, etc etc. same old tired comments. And then this toxic WOM would kill the album. The same **** all over again. 

What matters most today is the ACCLAIM. Sales are DEAD. Today charts are everything about streaming and this is manipulated by kids, and we know they don't use her (see Rebel Heart). 
That's why I can't understand why she's going down that road again, it's not like she has not tried enough already and she won't have her long-awaited lil quick hit this way. And let's be real, she's above all of that. I mean she's like the most successful singles artist ever.

Trying to create timeless interesting music, setting trends, making something different = acclaim = amazing WOM ==> SUCCESS
It's not like it's a big secret. She can still have a classic album without lil quick hits.

Its OK to be current as long as it’s relative to her as an artist in the now and not trying to be like everyone else. A current sound with a Madonna touch (I.e. living for love) is something that could really connect with the general public and can cause her to gain A LOT more streams. Interesting, fresh AND current is what we’re aimig for.

Lol what @Andra said 

im so fucking sick at some of you. You want Madonna to live in a box and collaborate with these producers from years ago, and find these “introspective” songwriters that most likely don’t fucking exist so that she can make the album YOURE satisfied with. I wish she never made ray of light, and I mean this. Because ever since then she can’t make an album of any other caliber. Her career is literally hanging on that album! And it’s sad! 

I mean let’s have a look back on her career when has Madonna truly ever worked with producers who weren’t known for ANY KMOWN WORK? All of the producers she’s worked with worked with other artists and some of them were mainstream. I’m so glad that forums and internet wasn’t prevalent back then because the fucking meltdowns...

Wrong wrong and wrong, sorry but this is such a silly post.

I personally would've loved a new producer. I have never read of anyone to oppose the idea of new talented producers. But anyway, yesterday I made a post related to the logical fallacies of your comment in another post here and yeah I'm not repeating myself. And what you're doing is twistting what many fans have said.

janet Jackson’s last album had missy fucking elliot. Her producers were CURRENT. Where’s the outrage?

Michael Jackson's sister? Brilliant example :lmao:

i don’t care if I’m being harsh but some of you need to shut the hell up.

Well, take your own advice : ) 
This is just a forum, Maybe you are in denial but acting butthurt because that. Calm down relax

I always wish her the best and wish everything goes well and perfect. Imagine if she makes a masterpiece, the fucking slap in the face would be epic:chuckle:

Edited by BatBro

In all seriousness, I want older fans know how lucky y'all were to have witnessed her classic albums and lived through the times of those iconic huge eras. Bless :bow: I envy you

MDNA generation we can only wish/hope. I barely remember Hung Up on TV and that's all. 
Now that this album is shaping up to be like the RH era all over again, I lost hopes. forgive me

giphy.gifSoLEpKC.gif

I hope the Tour come to my country tho.

15 hours ago, Carta said:

Children, please stop fighting!

Does anyone know whether Starrah is a lyricist, writes melodies or composes backing tracks?  Sia, for example, writes lyrics and melodies.  Madonna is primarily does the same (i.e. they both generally collaborate with others on the backing track, or write melodies over someone else's chords).  How does Starrah work?

Yess :laugh:
That person came for me, I'm not troublesome.

She's one of those emerging people coming from soundcloud. Who knows how much she knows/does.

Edited by BatBro

Bitch bitch bitch.

None of us have a clue what we are in for this era so why bother flapping your pussy lips a million miles a minute about it?

Rebel Heart was a masterpiece and that era a true blessing for the fans.

Fuck the haters. I'd be more than happy to have something similar.  

6 hours ago, spotlight said:

I’m excited that Billboard is on board. He seems promising. I’m #teambillboard

Me too! Talented and cute!!

7 minutes ago, rekha said:

Me too! Talented and cute!!

:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

10 minutes ago, Moka said:

+ 1000000000

Absolutely, we would be lucky to experience something as extraordinary as the RH Era. 

32 minutes ago, BatBro said:

In all seriousness, I want older fans know how lucky y'all were to have witnessed her classic albums and lived through the times of those iconic huge eras. Bless :bow: I envy you

MDNA generation we can only wish/hope. I barely remember Hung Up on TV and that's all. 
Now that this album is shaping up to be like the RH era all over again, I lost hopes. forgive me

giphy.gifSoLEpKC.gif

She's one of those emerging people coming from soundcloud. Who knows how much she knows/does.

Oh please....you would've found something to hate and nitpick about relative to those times too. Get real.

2 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Oh please....you would've found something to hate and nitpick about relative to those times too. Get real.

how many posts they got? hmm

hopefully we get an update on her going into or out of a studio!

I'm so glad she finally said this. This has been a long time coming and it can't be posted enough really:

MMM.jpg

So to paraphrase......Madonna honestly gives zero fucks what you or I think about her musical direction. If she wants to put out a covers album where she raps Tupac and Biggie songs to trap beats produced by Sophie....then that's what she's gonna fuckin do. Deal with it. 

If this album is ANYTHING like Rebel Heart, then I’m in for a treat.

42 minutes ago, Moka said:

Same!!

I can't @ this Batbro person praising Lemonade. If Madonna released the same album she would've been accused of following trends with generic urban pop songs like Formation and Sorry. She would've been slaughtered for collaborating with The Weeknd and working with 478 writers per song.

25 minutes ago, Shaun said:

If this album is ANYTHING like Rebel Heart, then I’m in for a treat.

RH is an all time great Madonna album in my opinion.

I have no expectations.  Just enjoying the ride...and grateful my favorite artist is alive, well, inspired and still working.

47 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I'm so glad she finally said this. This has been a long time coming and it can't be posted enough really:

MMM.jpg

So to paraphrase......Madonna honestly gives zero fucks what you or I think about her musical direction. If she wants to put out a covers album where she raps Tupac and Biggie songs to trap beats produced by Sophie....then that's what she's gonna fuckin do. Deal with it. 

Bless her. 

Some of y'all remind me of Star Wars fans who bitch about their childhoods being killed because they aren't getting what they feel entitled too....... 

1 hour ago, BatBro said:

giphy.gifSoLEpKC.gif

This is exactly how I feel. Growing up in Canada, I vaguely remember hearing 4 Minutes on the radio... and I bopped to GMAYL (I saw it at the SB, I can't remember if it was on the radio), but this was before I started becoming a fan. It's not easy to stan Madonna knowing I missed out on so much of her best work. I would love to be able to live through an era that has relatively decent impact. I know, however, this is an unfair responsibility to lay at her feet. I'm just happy to be living through any era. I feel like in many ways, I caught her just in time.