MadonnaNation.com Forums
Mattress

Madonna working on new music with Billboard & Starrah

5 hours ago, Mmmmm said:

Lol the comments on Billboardmatt  IG account 

A67613EE-FF00-40F3-AE6E-02BD80F8B57C.png

Embarrasing and disrespectful. Just like some of the comments in here. 

13 minutes ago, Andra said:

Can you please try and block any rappers from walking in if you see some . Thanks!!!

I'll find my anti-Minaj spray... fingers crossed!

Given that she flew writers over to London, I wonder if she plans to use this studio for the whole album?

If so, it will certainly help the stalking plan :sneaky:

1 hour ago, Kilt said:

Billboard also co-produced 3 tracks on Btiney's Femme Fatale, including my personal favourite 

Inside Out is a sick track. Always loved it. Deffo a fave by Ms Spears. 

I'm so excited she's in the studio again and can't believe the bitching has already begun.

So excited how this will turn out, I'm ready!!! :inlove:

2 hours ago, DitaDolla said:

Billboard is there too.

DT6som3XcAAxWxt.jpg

Can’t wait to listen to the final product. This team is hot fire!

Please, please no leaks this time guys. Not even a mention of leaks anywhere cus if I know they’re out there I ll be too tempted and will check em out.  :lmao:

Anyway, let’s stay positive. Madonna has never given us a bad album. FACT. Some albums are better or more innovative than others but they’re all special and unique. Starrah is one of the best songwriters out there so it will be interesting to see what they’re going to come up with. I hope she’s going to have a feature so to launch her solo career. 

52 minutes ago, runa said:

I just realised we will get a new Madonna album in a few months and then I got all emotional and almost cried during my lunch time. 

Shivers down my spine.

It's all so extra exciting for me since it's the first time I experience the making of and arrival of a new M record as a member of this very  forum. So far it's shaping up to be the best entertainment I had in years! :lmao:

10 minutes ago, Lolo said:

It's all so extra exciting for me since it's the first time I experience the making of and arrival of a new M record as a member of this very  forum. So far it's shaping up to be the best entertainment I had in years! :lmao:

I wish you were here when Celebration was released :rotfl: PAGES upon PAGES about how the songs weren’t edited correctly, etc etc. “You can still hear the clicks OMG :/ “ 

And people had the right to be upset, I guess. But yeah, HILARIOUS :rotfl:

One thing to keep in mind is that HC, for example, started being recorded in June/July '07 and then got released in mid-April. I do think the same applies to COADF, and it certainly applies to RH since everything leaked in December '14 and she spent most April to August in the studio. 

What I mean by this is that the 8 to 10 month period to get the album done is real, and M booking Starrah and Billboard together in mid-January shows things were already set in motion during Q4, including some song lyrics, this is why she's in the recording studio.

M turns 60 in August and she's OBVIOUSLY not going to let the date pass by without a lot of positive press - my conclusion is that she's aiming for a September release, and we'll get that Q4 gloriousness again. I love when albums are released on that period. Just a guess judging by dates from previous eras, since I'm still surprised and delighted this is all happening so early on in the year. When she said "2018, I'm coming back, baby!" she really meant it. 

Born Brittany Hazzard, Starrah is a 27-year-old triple threat singer, rapper and songwriter who has been having a monster 2017. Among her hits in the past year: Nicki Minaj's "No Frauds," Halsey's "Now or Never," Katy Perry's "Swish Swish" and Maroon 5's "What Lovers Do." According to a recent Billboard profile, she got her start selling song hooks on Instagram for $100 a pop; an A&R person at Madonna's Maverick Records discovered her on SoundCloud and helped her land her first placement, Kid Ink's 2015 hit "Be Real." Since then, her client list has grown to include Rihanna, Drake, Travis Scott and Calvin Harris. She's also pursuing her own artist career, including a forthcoming collaborative EP with Diplo.

http://www.laweekly.com/music/the-20-best-pop-songwriters-in-2017-8763662

31 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Embarrasing and disrespectful. Just like some of the comments in here. 

Indeed. I'm truly disgusted especially by the racist comments (no more "black music" type..when Madonna was inspired by "black music" since the beginning of her career by the way..). What a pathetic joke a part of her fanbase has become!  Too many drama queens and constantly negative individuals...

8 minutes ago, Lolo said:

It will be entertaining, I can assure you that, :rotfl:

:lmao: Me, discovering the hysteria that has been happening here since I left for the office this morning. :lmao:

5 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Indeed. I'm truly disgusted especially by the racist comments (no more "black music" type..when Madonna was inspired by "black music" since the beginning of her career by the way..). What a pathetic joke a part of her fanbase has become!  Too many drama queens and constantly negative individuals...

This. 100% :thumbsup:

tracklist.jpg

8 minutes ago, Barbie said:

I wish you were here when Celebration was released :rotfl: PAGES upon PAGES about how the songs weren’t edited correctly, etc etc. “You can still hear the clicks OMG :/ “ 

Sounds thrilling. 😜 But yeah, in all defense, people love this woman like crazy and only want the absolute best of the best for her. I understand the moaners. It's their way of caring. 

10 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

They need a reminder.

24 minutes ago, Barbie said:

Actually, it was one of the best, most informative ,most interesting threads ever, started by someone with more knowledge of Madonna's work in his little finger than most in here will ever have. It probably led to (most) of those problems being fixed on subsequent pressings too.

What would have been hilarious, is pages and pages of "OMG this is the best GH album ever, we are so lucky yaaas Queen "

31 minutes ago, alquemist said:

Born Brittany Hazzard, Starrah is a 27-year-old triple threat singer, rapper and songwriter who has been having a monster 2017. Among her hits in the past year: Nicki Minaj's "No Frauds," Halsey's "Now or Never," Katy Perry's "Swish Swish" and Maroon 5's "What Lovers Do." According to a recent Billboard profile, she got her start selling song hooks on Instagram for $100 a pop; an A&R person at Madonna's Maverick Records discovered her on SoundCloud and helped her land her first placement, Kid Ink's 2015 hit "Be Real." Since then, her client list has grown to include Rihanna, Drake, Travis Scott and Calvin Harris. She's also pursuing her own artist career, including a forthcoming collaborative EP with Diplo.

I didn’t know she was discovered by Maverick! Cool!

55 minutes ago, Lucky Star One said:

MMM.jpg

Some Madonna fans reacting to her comments.

giphy.gif 

Exactly.

Classy respond! :queenbitch:

1 hour ago, elijah said:

RH was amazing album & Billboard did amazing work on Ghosttown. This chick is not my cup of tea, but so was Kanye and some of his songs on RH were amazing (like Holy Water), so I m not writing it off. I just thought she d work with Leonard again (I dont know why) and I hope she will write some of the songs with him. Billboard as a producer could be amazing if she brings out the best in him like she always does.

Agree.

Besides,  Madonna can bring such different sounds depending on her mood and goal!!!!  

I'm pretty excited about this turn of events. 

43 minutes ago, alquemist said:

Wow she really started from the bottom and got so far!!!! Love that she was discovered by Maverick! 

29 minutes ago, Lucky Star One said:

They need a reminder.

Exactly!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

35 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

This. 100% :thumbsup:

:gent:Thanks!