MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

KLMNO thread - FLOPPING EVERYWHERE

42 minutes ago, karbatal said:

My fav in Fever was Tightrope. :inlove:

BEST EVER.

You Love and Love Affair were my jams!

Miss Minging is in Paris promoting.  Not sure what she's really doing but she's there.  

The mysterious posters were accurate.  

18 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

You Love and Love Affair were my jams!

Completely forgot about mentioning Love Affair. Love that one too. Fever was rather solid especially for her. Then she released Baddy Language.

11 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Miss Minging is in Paris promoting.  Not sure what she's really doing but she's there.  

The mysterious posters were accurate.  

And the whole city is only talking about that.

NOT.

I always liked more Light Years.  Fever was too unidimensional for me,  that techno pop got to my nerves.  Light Years is so poppy and breezy, with Spinning Around, On A Night, Your Disco,  Light Years,  Disco Down, Butterfly,  Kids...

2 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

And the whole city is only talking about that.

NOT.

:chuckle:

AM only here for a LITTLE WHILE

Would you like

To TAKE ME OUT tonight

Maybe we'd

Talk for a little while

BABY??? 

26 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I always liked more Light Years.  Fever was too unidimensional for me,  that techno pop got to my nerves.  Light Years is so poppy and breezy, with Spinning Around, On A Night, Your Disco,  Light Years,  Disco Down, Butterfly,  Kids...

I felt the same way at the time, but Fever has grown on me quite a bit over the years. I think it's a pretty fucking solid disco/dance album.

30 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Completely forgot about mentioning Love Affair. Love that one too. Fever was rather solid especially for her. Then she released Baddy Language.

Body Language is a great album. At the time I liked it more than Fever. She could have easily made an entire album full of "Can't Get You Out of My Head" copies.

21 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

The first thing I actually thought of was Stardust's "Music Sounds Better With You," which Cher's song was basically a remake of.

3 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

That and "Your Love" are my fave deep cuts from Fever.

yes yes yes !!!!

I think Fever was her best album with beautiful songs, also Burning Up is also nice, its kitsch but still I like it, more more more is great too

4 minutes ago, vocalism said:

Body Language is a great album. At the time I liked it more than Fever. She could have easily made an entire album full of "Can't Get You Out of My Head" copies.

Body Language is her Charmbracelet: both thought they could get away with a full album them whispering like a chipmunk in helium.

Kylie also forgot that Fever was a big hit for her worldwide because it was different from the rest at the time in a scene dominated by r&b and hip hop. Doing an r&b influenced album then was a mistake she could not really afford because she was far from established in many of the markets that had just embraced her for the first time since the 80s.

I can definitely see how Fever could be considered a bit one dimensional in sound but the execution was pretty darn solid throughout nonetheless and it certainly produced a ver cohesive album. I think Give It To Me was the only song I consistently skipped...so many gems for Kylie on it!

1 minute ago, Je5u5 said:

Body Language is her Charmbracelet: both thought they could get away with a full album them whispering like a chipmunk in helium.

Kylie also forgot that Fever was a big hit for her worldwide because it was different from the rest at the time in a scene dominated by r&b and hip hop. Doing an r&b influenced album then was a mistake she could not really afford because she was far from established in many of the markets that had just embraced her for the first time since the 80s.

It was probably aimed at the U.S. ("Red Blooded Woman" got some airplay on dance stations here). I still think it's a great album though. The R&B influence is very electro/retro and early '80s.

Body language was also a very stylishly executed and cohesive album. I just don’t think it had as many catchy songs that get stuck in your head on it the way that Fever did. Not bad, just different. 

47 minutes ago, vocalism said:

I felt the same way at the time, but Fever has grown on me quite a bit over the years. I think it's a pretty fucking solid disco/dance album.

Fever and Body Language are both compelling albums. Far better than any of her previous efforts which included mostly filler content excluding the singles.

X and Aphrodite are my favorites. In fact, Speakerphone should've been a single.

44 minutes ago, vocalism said:

It was probably aimed at the U.S. ("Red Blooded Woman" got some airplay on dance stations here). I still think it's a great album though. The R&B influence is very electro/retro and early '80s.

Thing is any of the songs from Fever had more airplay.

Red Blooded Woman is the ONLY song on Body Language that sounded remotely like anything on US radio at the time, mainly because it sounds like a timberland/Timberlake rip-off 

What next? A discussion about which of SINITTA'S albums was the best?

How can people be emotionally invested in albums that the actual singer does nothing but show up at the studio and sing what's been placed in front of her? I don't get it. 

37 minutes ago, Kim said:

What next? A discussion about which of SINITTA'S albums was the best?

How can people be emotionally invested in albums that the actual singer does nothing but show up at the studio and sing what's been placed in front of her? I don't get it. 

:lol:

Oh I would love to have a Sinitta discussion!  

Oh but rumour says she's cowritten all songs this album?  I read it somewhere. 

I just assumed she was spending all of her time in those Nashville studios sitting in the background and giggling away while the others wrote the music for her

12 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

I just assumed she was spending all of her time in those Nashville studios sitting in the background and giggling away while the others wrote the music for her

She has told her lovers that she's put all her heart and soul in this album 

:giggles: 

39 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Oh but rumour says she's cowritten all songs this album?  I read it somewhere. 

And what do we think Kilo's contribution to "writing" is? Using her Speak & Spell that she carries everywhere (she can't work a phone afterall) to find words that rhyme?

"It's raining glitter, my fans take it up the sh*tter" :angel:

2 hours ago, strictmachine said:

I can definitely see how Fever could be considered a bit one dimensional in sound but the execution was pretty darn solid throughout nonetheless and it certainly produced a ver cohesive album. I think Give It To Me was the only song I consistently skipped...so many gems for Kylie on it!

yes, I skip that song too, it is her weakest on that album

1 hour ago, Marco said:

Fever and Body Language are both compelling albums. Far better than any of her previous efforts which included mostly filler content excluding the singles.

X and Aphrodite are my favorites. In fact, Speakerphone should've been a single.

Impossible Princess is also a compelling album. I like X and Aphrodite well enough.