Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

KLMNO thread - FLOPPING EVERYWHERE

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, swimtoshore said:

Did she eat a bowl of sour grapes before that interview?

What ‘damage’ has Nicole done for instance???

 

1 hour ago, Bretticus said:

Nicole got acting work instead of her so she’s bitter. Nicole damaged her ego.

Nicole and Cate Blanchett prove that Australian actresses are as good as anyone out there.  Nicole has reallly showed her acting talent even more since her divorce from Scientology's Golden boy Tom Cruise.  I think she should have won the Oscar for " the Others" rather than the Hours which was more of a supporting role.  She was brilliant in the Others as she is in many movies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

 

Nicole and Cate Blanchett prove that Australian actresses are as good as anyone out there.  Nicole has reallly showed her acting talent even more since her divorce from Scientology's Golden boy Tom Cruise.  I think she should have won the Oscar for " the Others" rather than the Hours which was more of a supporting role.  She was brilliant in the Others as she is in many movies. 

Yes! Loved Nicole in The Others. Thought she looked beautiful, old school Hollywood. I’m glad she’s doing well now, she’s a good actress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2018 at 1:23 AM, DagIN said:

So Kylie is gonna promote her country-pop album at one of the craziest techno clubs in the world, Berghain, in Berlin. That doesn’t make sense at all.

Maybe she will start her performance serving frozen marinated poo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Also did anyone see the great Australian movie from years back "Lantana"  or watch Seachange by any chance ?   Kerry Armstrong starred in both and won the Australian Film award for Lantana beating out Nicole Kidman.   She says that Nicole's people were furious and Nicole went home early. :lol:  Her comments about Kylo and Nicole from an old interview back in 2004 are being brought up again because she is in that Celebrity Jungle show.   

In a 2004 chat with the Sunday Mail, the SeaChange actress expressed her views on the pair.

"I truly believe with acting and singing those two have done more damage than anyone I've ever seen," Kerry fumed.

"I really do believe there is a correlation with the despair we're feeling and the fact Kylie Minogue cannot sing?" she mused.

Kerry continued, "Why has she become a national icon? For achieving something that was beyond her ability."

Who is that Kerry and how can she say something so bitter? Sorry but she sounds like a CUNT :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: has there ever been a MORE INSIPID release ever in pop music? 

I'm just asking. This two minutes and half song, released a month ago, with a little video... And the dwarf is posting today in Instagram things about the vintage dresses used in the video? 

Really. And we were complaining about Madonna not promoting the MDNA album :lmao:

Compared to this Kylie mess, the MDNA album promo is like the Confessions or ROL one, hahahahahaha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 UK viewers are going to be gluttons for punishment !    How can Kilo be a mentor for singers :lmao: She can't even sing in tune. 

Kylie Minogue returning to The Voice as guest mentor

She’s joining team Tom Jones.

Sir Tom Jones and Kylie Minogue (ITV)

Kylie Minogue is to make a return to The Voice as she joins team Sir Tom Jones.

The pop star – who was a coach on the show during its BBC days in 2014 – joins as a mentor alongside Sir Tom to offer advice in the knockout stage of the ITV show, airing next month.

Each of the Welsh singer’s acts performed for him and Minogue in a bid to fine-tune their performances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, karbatal said:

Question: has there ever been a MORE INSIPID release ever in pop music? 

I'm just asking. This two minutes and half song, released a month ago, with a little video... And the dwarf is posting today in Instagram things about the vintage dresses used in the video? 

Really. And we were complaining about Madonna not promoting the MDNA album :lmao:

Compared to this Kylie mess, the MDNA album promo is like the Confessions or ROL one, hahahahahaha 

Well it was Madonna's choice not to promote MDNA, Kilo has no say in the matter.

Do you think promo comes for free? Why would BMG pour money down the drain on some middle aged nostalgia act? When's the last time she had a hit? They will give her a small amount of promo for her flop album and that's it. If that flops badly, she'll get dropped again. I seem to remember her being on X Factor a few years back and it did absolutely zero for the song she was promoting. People just aren't interested.

 

18 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Kylie Minogue is to make a return to The Voice as she joins team Sir Tom Jones.

The pop star – who was a coach on the show during its BBC days in 2014 – joins as a mentor alongside Sir Tom to offer advice in the knockout stage of the ITV show, airing next month.

Each of the Welsh singer’s acts performed for him and Minogue in a bid to fine-tune their performances.

Well Kilo was the reason The Voice got dropped from the BBC (ratings plummeted during her run) so ITV must really be desperate to hire her saggy arse again!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kim said:

 

Do you think promo comes for free? Why would BMG pour money down the drain on some middle aged nostalgia act? When's the last time she had a hit? They will give her a small amount of promo for her flop album and that's it. If that flops badly, she'll get dropped again. I seem to remember her being on X Factor a few years back and it did absolutely zero for the song she was promoting. People just aren't interested.

 

 

 

If she was able to perform EVERYWHERE with the re-release of some Christimas thingy (she even performed in France with some absurd Bee Gees cover there) I'm sure she wouldn't have any problem performing on tv everywhere. 

There¡'s simply some weird thing here going on! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kim said:

Well it was Madonna's choice not to promote MDNA, Kilo has no say in the matter.

Do you think promo comes for free? Why would BMG pour money down the drain on some middle aged nostalgia act? When's the last time she had a hit? They will give her a small amount of promo for her flop album and that's it. If that flops badly, she'll get dropped again. I seem to remember her being on X Factor a few years back and it did absolutely zero for the song she was promoting. People just aren't interested.

 

Well Kilo was the reason The Voice got dropped from the BBC (ratings plummeted during her run) so ITV must really be desperate to hire her saggy arse again!

 

 

Kilo did one season on the Australian Version of the Voice and was woeful.  People were even saying "  Bring back Delta "  and they hated Delta !  

To show how annoying Kilo was with her giggling and flirting, people preferred Delta showing off every second she was on screen.  

Image result for delta goodrem the voice gifsImage result for delta goodrem the voice gifs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, karbatal said:

If she was able to perform EVERYWHERE with the re-release of some Christimas thingy (she even performed in France with some absurd Bee Gees cover there) I'm sure she wouldn't have any problem performing on tv everywhere. 

There¡'s simply some weird thing here going on! 

They're not gonna have some huge promo campaign for a single and then ANOTHER campaign for an album. They will have one campaign and it'll obviously be for the album.

In addition, there comes a point when an act - ANY act doesn't get the promo they once did. She's with a new record company with a budget record deal and no doubt with a set amount of £££ for promo. TV shows don't pay the performer to appear you know, the performer (their agency, their record company, their publisher) pays the TV show.

It's not the year 2000 anymore. Get over it Karbs.

18 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Kilo did one season on the Australian Version of the Voice and was woeful.  People were even saying "  Bring back Delta "  and they hated Delta !  

To show how annoying Kilo was with her giggling and flirting, people preferred Delta showing off every second she was on screen.  

Yes I remember The Voice destroyed Kilo's career in Australia, just as it destroyed her career in the UK! People are very unforgiving when someone's REAL personality comes through and it's unlikable! No one watches the Voice UK anymore anyway. The BBC axed it, ITV picked up the format on the cheap then after crap ratings they moved it to the graveyard January slot. Kilo must be desperate to go BACK there again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, karbatal said:

Question: has there ever been a MORE INSIPID release ever in pop music? 

I'm just asking. This two minutes and half song, released a month ago, with a little video... And the dwarf is posting today in Instagram things about the vintage dresses used in the video? 

Really. And we were complaining about Madonna not promoting the MDNA album :lmao:

Compared to this Kylie mess, the MDNA album promo is like the Confessions or ROL one, hahahahahaha 

Again, I don't really expect much, as someone who lives in the U.S. and has never seen any Kylie promo ever, not that it would help much. I guess in the UK? I think I saw a small ad for her album in the dance section of Billboard in 1994. Anyway, where are the dance mixes? The basic timeline of the releases is what's most bizarre to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vocalism said:

Again, I don't really expect much, as someone who lives in the U.S. and has never seen any Kylie promo ever, not that it would help much. I guess in the UK? I think I saw a small ad for her album in the dance section of Billboard in 1994. Anyway, where are the dance mixes? The basic timeline of the releases is what's most bizarre to me.

 

There are promo remixes out, one of which is a complete SAW flashback and makes the song so much better 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bretticus said:

 

There are promo remixes out, one of which is a complete SAW flashback and makes the song so much better 😀

Official? I haven't seen anything on Spotify or YouTube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

 UK viewers are going to be gluttons for punishment !    How can Kilo be a mentor for singers :lmao: She can't even sing in tune. 

Kylie Minogue returning to The Voice as guest mentor

She’s joining team Tom Jones.

Sir Tom Jones and Kylie Minogue (ITV)

Kylie Minogue is to make a return to The Voice as she joins team Sir Tom Jones.

The pop star – who was a coach on the show during its BBC days in 2014 – joins as a mentor alongside Sir Tom to offer advice in the knockout stage of the ITV show, airing next month.

Each of the Welsh singer’s acts performed for him and Minogue in a bid to fine-tune their performances.

Kylie can sometimes belt a note though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Artist/ Record companies pay TV shows for appearances??????? 

Omg I didn't know that.  Is it true????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, since the idea of an artist or record company paying to perform there, i made my own research and it is not true. They cover the costs (of course) and if you have an ambitious performance, it can go up to 30.000 euro. Which is very little money compared to the exposure that it gets. 

So no. If Kylie is not performing in the main TV programs in Europe is because other reasons. I assume that the big promo will come with the second single, which should be released in mid-late March or early April. Meanwhile she's keeping us entertanined with Dancing and the record company has tested the waters (I guess they are SHOCKED at how abysmal the results have been without promo :lol: ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Ok, since the idea of an artist or record company paying to perform there, i made my own research and it is not true. They cover the costs (of course) and if you have an ambitious performance, it can go up to 30.000 euro. Which is very little money compared to the exposure that it gets. 

So no. If Kylie is not performing in the main TV programs in Europe is because other reasons. I assume that the big promo will come with the second single, which should be released in mid-late March or early April. Meanwhile she's keeping us entertanined with Dancing and the record company has tested the waters (I guess they are SHOCKED at how abysmal the results have been without promo :lol: ) 

Obviously I meant that an entity (a record company for a pop star, a publisher for an author etc) has pre-existing financial deals in place for their talent to promote their product. There WILL be a deal in place for BMG for example to have their artist appear on a specific network or channel (should the record company wish to do so). They are in effect paying for that artist to get promo. 

You seem to be assuming that European TV shows are lining up to have Kilo on their shows. Er, no. Of course some programmes will actively seek to get an appearance from a major star (like Madonna - simply for her legendary status) but for a local act like Kilo who hasn't had a hit in years and is long past her sell-by date? No.

Again, the record company will have allocated a budget to Kilo. She can't just jump on a plane and tour the TV studios of Europe without the costs being covered. And whatever deal she had in place with her last record company obviously has no bearing on this new budget deal she has with BMG.

Typically for a hot artist (ie.not Kilo)....

BREAKDOWN OF ARTIST FUNDING

While each recording deal is different, there are common areas of investment that usually feature. These are the payment of an advance, the funding of a recording, music video production, tour support and promotional costs. It can cost between US$500,000 and US$2,000,000 to break an artist in a major recorded music market.

ADVANCES
Record companies commonly pay advances to enable artists to concentrate on writing, rehearsing, recording and performing music. Advances are recoupable against future royalties from sales and streaming, but are not recouped if revenues fail to reach a certain level. The record label is therefore bearing the risk of the investment in a highly competitive marketplace. 

The growth of streaming services in many markets has adapted but not reduced the financial role of the record company. Investment in successful artists has traditionally been recouped from sales of their album, typically within around 18 months of signing a recording deal. Under the streaming model, recoupment typically takes place over a longer period of time, making the label's upfront financial investment potentially more important. 

A typical advance from a major record company to a pop act in a significant market is estimated to be between US$50,000 and US$450,000 and this rate can be much higher in competitive situations. In other cases, advances may be very small or non-existent, with the artist benefiting from more revenue-sharing than upfront expenditure by the record company.

RECORDING COSTS
Recording costs can vary widely between individual projects, with the average being driven by projects that involve superstar producers and the most sought after session musicians. Recording costs for a pop act in a major market are estimated to be between US$150,000 and US$500,000.

VIDEO PRODUCTION
Video production is more important than ever in an era where many consumers access music through audio visual services such as YouTube and Vevo. Record companies typically produce two or three videos per album. Costs can vary widely between individual projects, with some superstar artists' videos costing well more than US$500,000, while some innovative low budget videos can cost as little as US$10,000. The average cost of video production for a pop act in a major market is estimated to be around US$50-300,000 for three videos. Such high expenditure is not always needed, of course, and videos can be produced much more cheaply. The approach will depend on the needs of the individual project.

MARKETING AND PROMOTION
Marketing and promotion costs are the largest single item of spend for a record company. Breaking an artist to a significant audience unlocks a wide range of revenue opportunities, from live to merchandising. This requires a significant investment. 

Record companies have generally switched their marketing spend towards digital platforms in, which enable them to more tightly target individual groups of consumers. Yet the costs of online marketing are increasing, and record companies also have to continue to advertise across television, radio, print and outdoor media to drive awareness of their artists. Some record companies have also increased their spending on consumer insight and research to enable them to take advantage of new marketing platforms. 

TV AND RADIO

Record companies have the contacts in TV and radio In countries around the world. Artists rightly expect support from this network when they sign a recording deal. Exposing performers to audiences in different markets is a vital way of reaching a mass audience. This activity also incurs a significant cost for record companies. A record company can spend between US$200,000 and US$700,000 trying to break an artist in a major market.

BROADER RIGHTS DEALS
Broader rights deals reflect the evolving nature of the partnership between artist and record label. . Some labels now write in a broader rights element to virtually every deal they sign. Sometimes these deals involve the record company getting highly involved in a wide range of activities. In some cases, record companies also run in-house booking agencies or merchandise firms to service these deals. Other broader rights deals are passive, with the record company providing financial backing but taking a much lower percentage of income from broader rights. 

Brand partnerships are an increasingly important way for artists and record companies to generate income - particularly in regions such as Latin America, where physical sales have fallen and use of licensed music services is relatively limited. Respect for the artist' wishes in brand partnerships is vital to make deals work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, in that case we can expect a boom in promotion for the launching of the album, because up to now they have only invested in making a little video. 

Very interesting what you posted, Kim, I love knowing a bit of the behind the scenes of pop music. I was so read in Gary Barlow's biography that artists have to give back the cost of promotion from the advances if the album is a big fat flop, as it happened to him with his second solo album. He had to give lots of money and he didn't know it was like that by contract! 

Let's hope Khylie doesn't ahve to give back all her fortune :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Kim said:

You seem to be assuming that European TV shows are lining up to have Kilo on their shows. Er, no. Of course some programmes will actively seek to get an appearance from a major star (like Madonna - simply for her legendary status) but for a local act like Kilo who hasn't had a hit in years and is long past her sell-by date?

Kim, Kylie performed with that stupid Bee Gees cover in France last time she re-issued that mess of the Christmas album. She performed in Italy, in Spain, and of course UK. She can very easily get a performance wherever she wants. 

Let's get real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, karbatal said:

Let's remember Delta!!!! :wow:

 

Delta and Kilo together !  

Image result for kylie minogue delta goodrem images

 

Delta with Olivia Newton John and the original Wonder woman Lynda Carter.   Kilo sharing her thread again !  

Image result for kylie minogue delta goodrem images

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Olivia, how is she? Did she beat her second cancer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Image result for kylie minogue delta goodrem images

Ughs...is there anyone more beautiful than Lynda Carter...?? So naturally gorgeous!

0393494d9a86d09fa115bbdd498732f2--lynda-carter-bathing-beauties.jpg

521b35fb0eb94ad8b3505e6b23338d3d--linda-carter-wonder-women.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×