MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

KLMNO thread - FLOPPING EVERYWHERE

11 minutes ago, Kim said:

She is so fucking DUMB. Again, anyone else would get pelters for being such a stupid vacuous puppet, but not sweet, smiley Kiley. And this whole 'heartbreak, getting over a man, poor single me' bull she's spouting as well is so OFF considering the way the world is right now regarding women and feminism and empowerment. They better start rethinking their promo campaign.

I ought to *flush* you on Hector's behalf for that!

And instead of comparing these pop sluts to each other, I would take their work on their own merits. This song, by anyone's standards, is mediocre - even for Kilo. I'd even say that Into the Loo shite was better.

:rotfl:hey, he's quite an attractive guy. Just the normal camp as tits Kylie fan.

Still better than the whiney, joyless, miseries that are Gag's fans. I'd deserved to be banned if I said anyone looked like them.

I think the video is really cute, made me like the song a lot more. It's grown on me. The use of autotune is not subtle at all and her voice is always sooo thin, that bothers me, but it's a cute track and a great theme, when I go out, I hope I'm dancing too. A cute light song about mortality. I'm sure I'll enjoy her album.

Me too.  

She posted some city names in her Instagram,  London,  Paris (Milan.. No I'm kidding hahaha)  Barcelona.  Maybe she's doing some minitour???? 

What the world needs now is more cute light songs about mortality! #waytogokylie

Check Instagram story

4 hours ago, Kim said:

She is so fucking DUMB. Again, anyone else would get pelters for being such a stupid vacuous puppet, but not sweet, smiley Kiley. And this whole 'heartbreak, getting over a man, poor single me' bull she's spouting as well is so OFF considering the way the world is right now regarding women and feminism and empowerment. They better start rethinking their promo campaign.

She seems to get away with murder though.  If any other Princess had given such a vapid, stupid interview showing how little knowledge and imput they had in their music career, they would be thrown to the wolves by both the media and fans. .  We laugh at Britney but Kylie says less than her about any subject including her career. 

7 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

She seems to get away with murder though.  If any other Princess had given such a vapid, stupid interview showing how little knowledge and imput they had in their music career, they would be thrown to the wolves by both the media and fans. .  We laugh at Britney but Kylie says less than her about any subject including her career. 

It's all very transparent.. Let's take another example...like this year old fake news article...

55 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Btw did this get mentioned?

Screw the Jenner's and Kardashians!

Way to go Kelly!

http://people.com/crime/kylie-minogue-wins-legal-battle-kylie-jenner/ 

Actually, Minger ended up withdrawing her complaint and Jenner got the go-ahead ie. Minogue sold out for a settlement. Any other "princess" and this decision by Kilo would be treated with derision. But then, Little Mingers are the original Monsters afterall!

Up from 17 to 15 on the Australian Airplay Chart.

I don't get how Madonna has not been able to chart at all on the airplay chart since 2009 when she left Warner and Kylie can reach Top15. I know she is from there and everything, but still.

2 hours ago, iasonas said:

I don't get how Madonna has not been able to chart at all on the airplay chart since 2009 when she left Warner and Kylie can reach Top15. I know she is from there and everything, but still.

Record company.  

BMG is focused on Kylie because they recently signed her.  

8 hours ago, Kim said:

It's all very transparent.. Let's take another example...like this year old fake news article...

Actually, Minger ended up withdrawing her complaint and Jenner got the go-ahead ie. Minogue sold out for a settlement. Any other "princess" and this decision by Kilo would be treated with derision. But then, Little Mingers are the original Monsters afterall!

????

According to the news nothing of the sort happened: 

U.S. Patent and Trademark Office rejected Jenner’s claim, but the Keeping Up with the Kardashians star is already planning an appeal to use the brand name “Kylie” for her growing fashion and beauty lines.

Poor Kylie doing the promo around her bad breakup when it was BEARDING the whole time. Joshua likes dicks, dickheads are just for the paparazzi.

29 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Poor Kylie doing the promo around her bad breakup when it was BEARDING the whole time. Joshua likes dicks, dickheads are just for the paparazzi.

I don't think she named the breakup, but she simply stated that it was a rough time for her? Those were the teaser comments before the single release. 

Please, people correct me if I'm wrong, I don't follow much Kylie's interviews as people think here. In fact, I think I read one interview of hers in the past 5 years :lol:, and that was the last Rolling Stone one from last week because I was curious about the album process. And she says that she was not really heartbroken: "When I first went into the studio [this time], I was a bit broken. I wasn't so heartbroken – I was just a bit broken. And there's a difference there".

13 hours ago, iasonas said:

Instead of transparently asking a question about Madonna, shouldn't the question be why, even with airplay, kiley's comeback song has bombed in Australia, only spending one week in the Top 50 before falling out the Top 100 altogether? A truly apalling performance that must have BMG wondering what they've wasted their money on.

10 hours ago, karbatal said:

????

According to the news nothing of the sort happened: 

U.S. Patent and Trademark Office rejected Jenner’s claim, but the Keeping Up with the Kardashians star is already planning an appeal to use the brand name “Kylie” for her growing fashion and beauty lines.

As a journalist, you really should do better.

"No details regarding the alleged settlement have been made public other than the fact that Minogue withdraw her opposition on January 19th of 2017, allowing Jenner to move forward with her application, which is a clear insinuation that a settlement has been agreed upon. On February 6th, Jenner filed a new application with the USPTO for “Kylie” the trademark class for cosmetics, which was then registered on July 18th..."

And seeing as you just said you read the Rolling Stone interview, then you must have read...

What was upsetting to me was that there was – they attributed a quote to me –

"secondary reality TV star etc..."

Can you imagine me saying that?! That was just unfortunate that that is how those lawyers speak. So I genuinely hope that it's understood: That certainly did not come from me. Good news is, that's all wrapped up, we didn't have to go to court. That's all done. And I'm sure I'll meet them one day. The weird thing is, in America, when I am there, they would never introduce me just as "Kylie"; it's still "Kylie Minogue." It took so long for people to get 

So not only did the insipid little midget settle out of court, she's also at pains to make clear she didn't make the quotes about Jenner that everyone was "yaaaas kylie" about. Also, like all her interviews, she comes across thick as two short planks. 

9 hours ago, karbatal said:

Yes. It is all tabloid junk. Read this piece and you will see that she never names Sassay Away Joshua but she simply states that it was a difficult time for her. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5365547/kylie-minogue-heartbreak-album-golden-joshua-sasse/

You're well aware that the inference about being broken and having a terrible year etc etc is all pointing to a faux heartbreak over her faux relationship with a gay guy. Of course there is no heartbreak because there was no romantic relationship, so obviously that's why she's being careful with her words. It's all about playing the victim, and it's going to backfire.

:lmao: The one time people were cheering Kylie for being "strong" etc for taking on Kylie Jenner ( hardly a frightening opponent )   and she has instead attributed it all to her lawyer !  

Something interesting that I remember reading in the 80's in Australia.  There was a lot of attention on a guy that made "  I hate Kylie Minogue"  tshirts and was selling them.  This was the time that Kylie was going through her supposed backlash because she was EVERYWHERE in the papers,  being SAW's new star and also Charlene on Neighbours.  Won Gold logies and people were getting sick of seeing her in Australia and she was nicknamed " The singing budgie"   That is why people thought the tshirts were being sold.  Even my mother who thought Kylie could not sing to save herself said she thought it was awful to release tshirts hating a young woman. 

Then a few years down the track, it was revealed that her management was behind the tshirts.  The guy selling them said that he would not be able to use her name without permission.  

12 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Something interesting that I remember reading in the 80's in Australia.  There was a lot of attention on a guy that made "  I hate Kylie Minogue"  tshirts and was selling them.  This was the time that Kylie was going through her supposed backlash because she was EVERYWHERE in the papers,  being SAW's new star and also Charlene on Neighbours.  Won Gold logies and people were getting sick of seeing her in Australia and she was nicknamed " The singing budgie"   That is why people thought the tshirts were being sold.  Even my mother who thought Kylie could not sing to save herself said she thought it was awful to release tshirts hating a young woman. 

Then a few years down the track, it was revealed that her management was behind the tshirts.  The guy selling them said that he would not be able to use her name without permission.  

Omg !! :dead:

Manipulation at its best

7 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:lmao: The one time people were cheering Kylie for being "strong" etc for taking on Kylie Jenner ( hardly a frightening opponent )   and she has instead attributed it all to her lawyer !  

Doesn't surprise me at all Jan. A fraud then, and still a fraud now.

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Instead of transparently asking a question about Madonna, shouldn't the question be why, even with airplay, kiley's comeback song has bombed in Australia, only spending one week in the Top 50 before falling out the Top 100 altogether? A truly apalling performance that must have BMG wondering what they've wasted their money on.

As a journalist, you really should do better.

"No details regarding the alleged settlement have been made public other than the fact that Minogue withdraw her opposition on January 19th of 2017, allowing Jenner to move forward with her application, which is a clear insinuation that a settlement has been agreed upon. On February 6th, Jenner filed a new application with the USPTO for “Kylie” the trademark class for cosmetics, which was then registered on July 18th..."

And seeing as you just said you read the Rolling Stone interview, then you must have read...

What was upsetting to me was that there was – they attributed a quote to me –

"secondary reality TV star etc..."

Can you imagine me saying that?! That was just unfortunate that that is how those lawyers speak. So I genuinely hope that it's understood: That certainly did not come from me. Good news is, that's all wrapped up, we didn't have to go to court. That's all done. And I'm sure I'll meet them one day. The weird thing is, in America, when I am there, they would never introduce me just as "Kylie"; it's still "Kylie Minogue." It took so long for people to get 

So not only did the insipid little midget settle out of court, she's also at pains to make clear she didn't make the quotes about Jenner that everyone was "yaaaas kylie" about. Also, like all her interviews, she comes across thick as two short planks. 

You're well aware that the inference about being broken and having a terrible year etc etc is all pointing to a faux heartbreak over her faux relationship with a gay guy. Of course there is no heartbreak because there was no romantic relationship, so obviously that's why she's being careful with her words. It's all about playing the victim, and it's going to backfire.

No I don't agree.  And enough with the nonsense about Kylie.  These past three pages it's all about inventions: she doesn't hate Madonna,  she doesn't support ageism and she has NEVER played the victim.  This last I know for a fact because I hate people who play the victim either in real life or in show business. 

There are lots of things to laugh at her.  Why do people here feel the need to exaggerate or directly invent junk???? 

Unless it's just for the laughs,  then i would agree. But I sense some people here aren't for the laughs this time! 

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Her manager was a GENIUS.  In fact her demise started when he retired :(

He was her manager up to Aphrodite.  Since the very beginning.  Such an intelligent man. And according to Phil Harding interview,  Kylie was really hard and used him to win many battles with SAW. 

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

does this mean Kilo is the original Mother Monster ????

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

No I don't agree.  And enough with the nonsense about Kylie.  These past three pages it's all about inventions: she doesn't hate Madonna,  she doesn't support ageism and she has NEVER played the victim.  This last I know for a fact because I hate people who play the victim either in real life or in show business. 

There are lots of things to laugh at her.  Why do people here feel the need to exaggerate or directly invent junk???? 

Unless it's just for the laughs,  then i would agree. But I sense some people here aren't for the laughs this time! 

See Karbs, you can't have it both ways. On one hand you go on about ...how can anyone take kylie seriously, how you're just a fan of her fun music and nothing more and how on earth can she have diehard fans and blah blah - but then you're the one to take offence at people digging at what's under the surface. 

And you're right, certain aspects of the discussion aren't about having "fun" because there surely comes a point where one starts to look at things through objective eyes. Were you not a fan of kylie as a child, then you would almost ceftainly see (as all the intelligent posters here do) that the woman is a fraud. What's "fun" when you're a teenager should surely start to look a bit suss when you're in your 40s and able to see the constructs of marketing, PR stunts, bad acting and desperation right in front of your face.

#timesup for frauds like kylie, and not before time.

8 hours ago, Kim said:

See Karbs, you can't have it both ways. On one hand you go on about ...how can anyone take kylie seriously, how you're just a fan of her fun music and nothing more and how on earth can she have diehard fans and blah blah - but then you're the one to take offence at people digging at what's under the surface. 

And you're right, certain aspects of the discussion aren't about having "fun" because there surely comes a point where one starts to look at things through objective eyes. Were you not a fan of kylie as a child, then you would almost ceftainly see (as all the intelligent posters here do) that the woman is a fraud. What's "fun" when you're a teenager should surely start to look a bit suss when you're in your 40s and able to see the constructs of marketing, PR stunts, bad acting and desperation right in front of your face.

#timesup for frauds like kylie, and not before time.

If people have to invent then there's not much to really criticise!  

But in Kylie's case i guess it's because she doesn't have much to offer. I know :lol:

So that will mean that we'll have the rest of the songs by that date???