MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

KLMNO thread - FLOPPING EVERYWHERE

10 minutes ago, Kim said:

Feel free to point us all in the direction of this terrible "ageism" kylie minogue is facing.. The articles calling her old and past it, the radio stations refusing to play her, the terrible reviews referencing her age. Oh wait, there IS NONE. 

The problem in fact is simple. You don't go on national television in a ballgown singing a song while a shetland pony runs around, you don't become a posterchild for the risible british royal family, you don't go down the route of crap chrismas albums, you don't go public with a supid fauxmance and break-up with a gay man... and then actually expect people to remain interested in you as a real recording artist. 

The fact is no one bought her song, no one is watching her video. It appears she's only charted in two countries (for one week only) By any standards, this is BAD for someone making a 'comeback'. But it happens to everyone, there comes a point when the interest level from the public simply fades away and all that's left is hardcore fans. Of which she only seems to have a few thousand.

As usual with you demented  kylie fans, you always have to bring Madonna (10 years older and facing REAL ageism as well as problems of her own making) into it.

Agreed. She damaged her own brand image by all that campy gay nonsense she's been doing for so many years. Shame as since her age doesn't get brought up or taken seriously by anyone, she could have fallen through the loophole and manage a moderate hit which most artists struggle to get over. This was all her own fault.

13 minutes ago, karbatal said:

You missed my point completely :rotfl:

Your "point" is nonsensical. Don't laugh about something happening to someone as the same thing might happen to someone else....or something.

Er, no. We can laugh at whoever and whatever we like. 

And the nonsense about ageism being brought up as an excuse for the public's disinterest in Minogue should quite rightfully be called out. There IS NO ageism.

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

Your "point" is nonsensical. Don't laugh about something happening to someone as the same thing might happen to someone else....or something.

Er, no. We can laugh at whoever and whatever we like. 

And the nonsense about ageism being brought up as an excuse for the public's disinterest in Minogue should quite rightfully be called out. There IS NO ageism.

I didn't say anything about Kylie and ageism. I made a parallelism between flopping and ageism.  I meant that if fans from a singer who's facing ageism laugh at other singer age we would see how absurd it is. And it's equally absurd when it comes to flopping.  

That's where you missed my point. 

Did anyone notice Kylie'a lesbian scene in the Dancing video?

11 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I didn't say anything about Kylie and ageism. I made a parallelism between flopping and ageism.  I meant that if fans from a singer who's facing ageism laugh at other singer age we would see how absurd it is. And it's equally absurd when it comes to flopping.  

That's where you missed my point. 

No I get the point. But it's nonsense. Don't laugh at that person slipping on ice, not after your granny slipped on ice last year and cracked a rib. No, people slipping on ice is still funny regardless.

And yes, a few people in the thread are trying to make parallels with the agesim Madonna faces and the fact that no one is seeminlgy very interested in Kilo's new song. Comparing apples and oranges.

I'm flopping around,  flop out of my way... 

1 hour ago, Kim said:

No I get the point. But it's nonsense. Don't laugh at that person slipping on ice, not after your granny slipped on ice last year and cracked a rib. No, people slipping on ice is still funny regardless.

And yes, a few people in the thread are trying to make parallels with the agesim Madonna faces and the fact that no one is seeminlgy very interested in Kilo's new song. Comparing apples and oranges.

Well from my part i don't think Kylie is facing ageism.  And I am sure that if she didn't face ageism being about to be 50 is thanks to Madonna opening doors. 

And I wouldn't laugh at people slipping on ice if I had broken my ankle slipping with my last project and everything was set so i break another ankle in my future one. 

18 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Radio is playing Kilo though.   She has never defended any other female re ageism so don't cry tears over Kylie.  Stupid giggling fool giggled when Madonna was torn apart for her age on Fashion police so stuff her !  

:rotfl:

Thread title pls. 

2 hours ago, 5iVe Elements said:

:rotfl:

Thread title pls. 

:lol: 

7 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

Kylie Minogue posing with fans in Chile for Formula E Gala

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5347387/Kylie-Minogue-49-goes-braless-gown-Chile.html

7 hours ago, Kim said:

Feel free to point us all in the direction of this terrible "ageism" kylie minogue is facing.. The articles calling her old and past it, the radio stations refusing to play her, the terrible reviews referencing her age. Oh wait, there IS NONE. 

The problem in fact is simple. You don't go on national television in a ballgown singing a song while a shetland pony runs around, you don't become a posterchild for the risible british royal family, you don't go down the route of crap chrismas albums, you don't go public with a supid fauxmance and break-up with a gay man... and then actually expect people to remain interested in you as a real recording artist. 

The fact is no one bought her song, no one is watching her video. It appears she's only charted in two countries (for one week only) By any standards, this is BAD for someone making a 'comeback'. But it happens to everyone, there comes a point when the interest level from the public simply fades away and all that's left is hardcore fans. Of which she only seems to have a few thousand.

As usual with you demented  kylie fans, you always have to bring Madonna (10 years older and facing REAL ageism as well as problems of her own making) into it.

I just read the link to that Daily FAIL article about Kylie posted in this thread that I quoted above. Now, Kylie is gushed and raved about. Hilarious though as they described her as going braless to emphasise her ample cleavage :lmao: In what universe does Kylie has an ample cleavage :blink: My God, that paper is trash.  

Demonstrates again though, how ageism does not effect her. I never see any criticism of her age from the mainstream press. Madonna and other female singers have their ages thrown at them like a massive insult all the time. How often do we read articles calling Madonna an old hag in the mainstream press. All the time and had been happening for well over a decade. I can't recall reading one article ever talking about Kylie's age negatively. Most of the time they are gushing about her and talking about her heartache over "great love " Michael Hutchence who actually dumped her for Danish supermodel Helena Christensen. I see now, she is using the same " heartache" talk about this fake engagement with the Sasse guy. 

14 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I just read the link to that Daily FAIL article about Kylie posted in this thread that I quoted above. Now, Kylie is gushed and raved about. Hilarious though as they described her as going braless to emphasise her ample cleavage :lmao: In what universe does Kylie has an ample cleavage :blink: My God, that paper is trash.  

Demonstrates again though, how ageism does not effect her. I never see any criticism of her age from the mainstream press. Madonna and other female singers have their ages thrown at them like a massive insult all the time. How often do we read articles calling Madonna an old hag in the mainstream press. All the time and had been happening for well over a decade. I can't recall reading one article ever talking about Kylie's age negatively. Most of the time they are gushing about her and talking about her heartache over "great love " Michael Hutchence who actually dumped her for Danish supermodel Helena Christensen. I see now, she is using the same " heartache" talk about this fake engagement with the Sasse guy. 

It does not affect her just the same that it doesn't affect J Lo either and nobody comments Beyonce approaching 40. All thanks to Madonna.  

Has anyone made a "Flopping" parody video yet?

11 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

Did anyone notice Kylie'a lesbian scene in the Dancing video?

There’s a video?

truth is, madonna was not a victim of ageism. People out there don’t like her and have always used any reason to try to bring her down. Her age was just the latest thing, but the motivation was against her specifically. 

Kylies flopping because she’s boring. People don’t need a reason to ignore her cause she’s doing that for herself. 

3 hours ago, Paul said:

There’s a video?

truth is, madonna was not a victim of ageism. People out there don’t like her and have always used any reason to try to bring her down. Her age was just the latest thing, but the motivation was against her specifically. 

Kylies flopping because she’s boring. People don’t need a reason to ignore her cause she’s doing that for herself. 

Name another pop star over the age of 45 right now that is successful and has a current single that gets a ton of radio air play. And go

2 hours ago, TRVC said:

Name another pop star over the age of 45 right now that is successful and has a current single that gets a ton of radio air play. And go

Eminem.

6 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

Eminem.

But that's the point. He's male. Rap is cool. An older female doing pop isn't. Older men doing rock and hip hop are given a free pass.

If M or Kylie rolled out an Adele style album of 'mature' ballads, they'd probably do better but it's not their style.

16 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

Eminem.

Is he really getting tons of airplay? I haven't heard any of his new stuff anywhere.

22 hours ago, Paul said:

There’s a video?

Ageism was absolutely a factor, but not the only one. 

She's promoting the song by going to some Chile race. 

Who's deciding this promo????????? It's even worse than the one for KMO. 

She hasn't done a single tv performance! And usually she's EVERYWHERE.  Wtf? 

7 hours ago, vocalism said:

Is he really getting tons of airplay? I haven't heard any of his new stuff anywhere.

Ageism was absolutely a factor, but not the only one. 

I don’t know I’m not a fan by any means, all I know is he was number 1 for a few weeks in the U.K. which means people are streaming him.

i suppose it helps that Bland Sheeran features on the track.

i heard promo starts in Feb so surely any day now? It’s all very slow.

30 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

I don’t know I’m not a fan by any means, all I know is he was number 1 for a few weeks in the U.K. which means people are streaming him.

i suppose it helps that Bland Sheeran features on the track.

i heard promo starts in Feb so surely any day now? It’s all very slow.

BMG has good experience marketing these struggling idols so I guess they're focusing for the album and building the momentum up.  That's the only explanation.  

To be fair it's interesting to see if this works.  We all know that charts nowadays are an absolute mess (Rebel Heart and specially Ghosttown say hello)  and it's always interesting watching how record labels are facing this. 

Maybe the way is to invest heavily in airplay,  forget about the single chart and then prior the album release make it big, with the song being "popular" for mere airplay?? Is this an strategy for building interest on the tour????  The fact that performances are weeks away from the charts makes you wonder. 

5 hours ago, karbatal said:

She's promoting the song by going to some Chile race. 

Who's deciding this promo????????? It's even worse than the one for KMO. 

Here she is in Chile for the Santiago E Prix 

rs_634x1024-180203181123-634.kylie-minog

^ Well, 50s are the new 30s :wow:

Lots of rich business men in south America. :sneaky: #justsaying