MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LSD

Dolores O'Riordan has died at 46

On ‎17‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:16 AM, graffitiheart said:

I guess M's "Father & Mother" was inspired by Cranberries "Ode To My Family".

My mother.... my father....

:(

The Cranberries to Release Final Album With Dolores O'Riordan & Reissue Debut

The late Dolores O’Riordan recorded tracks for one final album with The Cranberries before her death, and now the new material will see the light of day “early next year,” according to the band. Three days before her death, O’Riordan spoke with guitarist Noel Hogan about their upcoming studio album, an album that would have been The Cranberries’ first in six years, and emailed him a number of new tracks. The band revealed in a statement Wednesday (March 7) that a new album had been in the works since last year, with vocals already recorded by O’Riordan.

In addition, with the 25th anniversary of their debut album Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can’t We? on the horizon, The Cranberries have announced the release of a commemorative version of the album, featuring newly remastered tracks and unreleased material. The anniversary project, which was initially shelved after O’Riordan’s passing, is slated for release later this yea

Full article; https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8236298/the-cranberries-final-album-dolores-oriordan

this is exciting news.

Cranberries's 1st album "No Need To Argue" LP had been reissued multiple times since 2017 in different colors e.g. grey, green, plum, clear & pink etc.

The latest white color will be released on 4 May 2018.

I'm tempted to get one BUT the reviews hold me back. According to those who had bought it, they complained the sound was awful. It was transferred from mp3 to vinyl and the label "Plain" did nothing about it even though many fans had complained about it (including the black LP).

Does anyone own a copy? @Je5u5 @karbatal ? how's the sound quality? I'm a little hesitate ever since the bad experience from COADF pink LP.

OMG :manson: 

12Oqrmo.jpg

1st Row: Plum red / Cranberries / Clear & Pink
2nd Row: Gold / Green / Purple
3rd Row: Turquoise / Clear & Blue / Coming soon - White / Coming Soon - Pink & Orange

8 hours ago, horn said:

Cranberries's 1st album "No Need To Argue" LP had been reissued multiple times since 2017 in different colors e.g. grey, green, plum, clear & pink etc.

The latest white color will be released on 4 May 2018.

I'm tempted to get one BUT the reviews hold me back. According to those who had bought it, they complained the sound was awful. It was transferred from mp3 to vinyl and the label "Plain" did nothing about it even though many fans had complained about it (including the black LP).

Does anyone own a copy? @Je5u5 @karbatal ? how's the sound quality? I'm a little hesitate ever since the bad experience from COADF pink LP.

Not really but I'm not surprised. Sadly most labels nowadays just don't care about how it sounds. Have you tried playing Wash All Over Me from the LP?

Well WAOM sounds horrid on cd too.

sorry Horn, I don’t do Cranberries