MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LSD

Dolores O'Riordan has died at 46

7 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Devastated. The Cranberries were my first, true musical obsession. I had posters of them on my walls. Bought every magazine they were in. 

It was them, Tori Amos, and Madonna. I’m just gutted over this. 

The song Empty got me thru my adolescence years. Ode to My Family is one of my favorite albums of all time. 

Babes I think you mean No Need To Argue

6 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

Babes I think you mean No Need To Argue

I was just coming to edit that lol 

And I guess I didn’t realize how young she was. Only 46. 

Shocking and awful. 

This is goddamn awful. I feel terrible, it is like a piece of my adolescence goes with her. So sad.

This is way way to soon, how can it be? I feel so bad for her family. So sad! 

😢

Im devastated :-( it was also my first obsession as a child. Grew up with their music...i remember not only collecting their CDs but obsessing over any bside and rarity i could find in the internet . I had the privilege to see them perform live in 2009 (only time) 

My favorite songs:

dreams

empty

linger

daffodil lament 

Dreaming to dreams

ode to my family 

free to decide

animal instinct 

No need to argue 

Not sorry

never grow old 

oh no! this is so sad... :(

When I think of my college years, it is easily the voice of Dolores that I hear in the background. The songs of the Cranberries were everywhere: at the student café, at the bar where I spent my evenings, at my friends' house, in the soundtracks of movies ... This distinctive voice seems to be perpetually off-key, but paradoxically right. As if Dolores was singing on a range of her own, much like the Sonic Youth’s guitars that sound right in their tuning out of the norm. R.I.P. Dolores.

6 hours ago, surannée said:

Their biggest worldwide hit:

timeless.

I, along with every other 90s kid is devastated. I didn’t believe it at first. I’m crushed to be completely honest. 

Her voice and music will live on 

Yikes yet another way too young, 40 something, TRUE talent, non fame whore, non pretentious fool, non Disney manufactured shit, unique soulful voice gone! Anyone in high school or college in the 90s heard her voice...everywhere from the radio, cool bars, lounges, malls etc..They were massive and had appeal everywhere. So sad! 

So sad....R.I.P.

I love the cranberries :(

Just awful :'( 

I really can't stand these "oh now everybody a Cranberry fan" idiots on social media. the poor woman just died, of course people are going to express their condolences :blink:

i have all their Cd's still. Loved them so much. Loved her voice. A lot of they songs/hits r HUGE amazing records. This got me emotional when i heard the news. Such an incredible talent. So young still. I even was saying to people recently that they should make a come back with a huge record. They were everywhere in the 90's. RIP. Very sad news.

:(

RIP. Gone too soon :(.

RIP :(

This is heartbreaking. Listening to some of The Cranberries' music as a teenager helped me cope with depression.

Her version of Fleetwood Mac's Go Your Own Way is pretty darn good:

The night before she died, I suddenly had the urge to listen & sing to Animal Instinct. It was so random. Then the next day :( 

The Cranberries's lead singer Dolores O'Riordan's passing is so tragic, especially at such a young age of 46. What a substantial loss to us in the music world.

As we all look back fondly at The Cranberries's significant contributions, I recollect on my favorite Cranberries songs (in order):

1 Ode To My Family
2 Animal Instinct
3 You And Me
4 Linger
5 Zombie
6 Just My Imagination
7 Wanted
8 Dreams
9 I Still Do
10 This Is The Day

Rest In Peace, Dolores!

That was a shock , poor Dolores.. RIP

They obviously weren’t as iconic as Prince or Bowie or MJ, but this death seems more personal because so many of us grew up listening to them during our adolescence. Or in college. During those formative years when music is new and artists like this are a discovery. When music and memories go hand in hand. 

I teared up listening to To The Faithful Departed last night. Partly due to her death and partly thinking back to a time of innocence. When I’d get a new album from the Cranberries and read the lyric booklet at a smokey coffee shop. When artists like this didn’t sell their souls to reality shows or broadcast themselves everywhere on social media. Back when there was a mystique to music that’s been completely eliminated. 

They were in a league of their own on a lot of levels. It’s as if there’s a curse on generation X and everything they held dear  

2 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

They obviously weren’t as iconic as Prince or Bowie or MJ, but this death seems more personal because so many of us grew up listening to them during our adolescence. Or in college. During those formative years when music is new and artists like this are a discovery. When music and memories go hand in hand. 

I teared up listening to To The Faithful Departed last night. Partly due to her death and partly thinking back to a time of innocence. When I’d get a new album from the Cranberries and read the lyric booklet at a smokey coffee shop. When artists like this didn’t sell their souls to reality shows or broadcast themselves everywhere on social media. Back when there was a mystique to music that’s been completely eliminated. 

They were in a league of their own on a lot of levels. It’s as if there’s a curse on generation X and everything they held dear  

👍

Agree. :(

They obviously weren’t as iconic as Prince or Bowie or MJ, but this death seems more personal because so many of us grew up listening to them during our adolescence. Or in college. During those formative years when music is new and artists like this are a discovery. When mus and memories go hand in hand. 

:clap::clap::clap::clap: