MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

What is your favourite Madonna quality?

As in: nothing to do with her music . This is about her personal attributes. 

I think my favourite thing about Madonna is that she has never, ever, in all of her years tried to be anyone except for herself. Whatever reincarnation or phase she is in, she is authentic and 100% Madonna. To thine own self be true. Amen to that. 

Okay yeah so there was the lady of the manor thing when she was married to Guy but she wasn't trying to be another specific person. It was just her own persona. 

I think what I like best about Madonna is how ballsy she is. She is such a role model to me. I've been through a lot of shit in life and I've always looked up to her because she just gives me confidence and strength. That's her power, the impact she has on people. She's taught us how to stand up for ourselves, never take no for an answer and make your dreams come true. Make it happen. She's always very positive and that takes a lot of strength. Plus, I love that she worked her arse off from scratch for everything she has accomplished as opposed to other celebrities these days who just get overnight success by appearing on a talent show or whatever. 

It’s so hard to list just one thing because I love the complete package she represents. 

Her fearlessness.

Her humor. 

Her compassion.

Her sexuality. 

Her creativity.

Her resilience.

This is MADONNA. 

But if I had to pick just one....it’d have to be her compassion. Yes, she’s a badass, but she also has a heart of gold.

She obviously wants to make the world a better place - she cares - that's probably what I like about her the most. 

From just her name written everywhere (it looks so iconic and unique seeing "MADONNA" written) to her physical presence on this Earth, to her soul and spirit who will last forever, she has the most fascinating quality in my life: being contemporary with MADONNA. 

the fact that she has that don't give a fuck attitude about what people say about her!

Her persistence and strength in face of so much criticism and obstacles. People forget about what she has been through in life because she goes out and achieves things despite the hardships such as her mother's death as a child and being alone and destitute in New York. I like the combination of her soft side such as looking after sick friends like Martin and Keith and the professional, no nonsense and ambitious side in her career which every celebrity needs to have to make it.  

3 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Her persistence and strength in face of so much criticism and obstacles. People forget about what she has been through in life because she goes out and achieves things despite the hardships such as her mother's death as a child and being alone and destitute in New York. I like the combination of her soft side such as looking after sick friends like Martin and Keith and the professional, no nonsense and ambitious side in her career which every celebrity needs to have to make it.  

I fully agree.

I love how disciplined she is

her confidence of course

Her resilience.  It's been her message since the very beginning.  "And if I fall I get up again over and over"  

Every time I've felt I've failed I try to get into her strength.  And it helps. 

Her strength

She’s real. Her strength. Her vulnerability. 

I love all aspects of her personality. Her humour. 

Her non stop resilience. 

I just love HER

I mostly admire her fearlessness, because that's the exact opposite of me. She is inspiring all around. 

All her qualities of a human being! The good, the bad and those in between that make her who she is.

Her intelligence (I'm always wondering the reasons why to all her decisions) 

Her willingness to always deliver a positive constructive message. 

Her determination

Her ability to make things happen 

Her creativity and resilience for sure! 

Just one?  That's not fair.  So...

Her intelligence, quick wit and sense of humor (being about to laugh at herself and not take everything too seriously).

Her stamina and devotion (to her body, her craft, her family).  She's not a quitter.

And her beauty.  Bitch sure knows how to make love to a camera!!!

14 hours ago, surannée said:

She obviously wants to make the world a better place - she cares - that's probably what I like about her the most. 

:clap:

Mine ties in somewhat to Suedehead's original post.  My favorite thing about her is how she goes from the ecstatic dance diva of Ray of Light to the dramatic chess player in The Power of Goodbye.  Or puts Messiah and Holy Water on the same album and both are fantastic.  I feel like she has always been comfortable with the fact that we all contain many facets, and she embraces all of hers. So many people ultimately confirm to their dominant trait in life, but she has always given equal air time to all of hers 

I love the fact that she’s so badass and at the same time so fragile. 

She can be bitch I’m Madonna and X-static process at the same time

she’s So inspiring. She’s basically a religion to herself 

2D0E98DF-6CAA-48C4-93BE-04878B1B479C.gif

Her perseverance and the fact she embraces her self so fully, the good, the bad and the ugly. 

I've loved reading all you responses!

I am a natural people-pleaser in my personal life, always caring what others think of me. So when I saw Madonna on the Rebel Heart Tour and she began the show at 11:20pm to a pissed off crowd, and then chided us for being "early", it was revolutionary to me!

So for me, I love Madonna's attitude of not caring too much about what other people think. Actually, I love everything about her, but that's the part that is useful to me.