MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

Um... why wasn't "BITCH I'M MADONNA' video nominated for an MTV award?

I hear lots of casuals singing this song here in our shit country, and they didn't know LFL and GT exist.

I think it's sad that Madonna fans are aging in a more "old fogie" kind of way than she is. CLEARLY she wasn't being serious with the song or video.....it's a parody in a sense. I'd be all for giving her shit if she came out with something serious exclaiming "Bitch I'm Madonna" but this?? The beat itself sounds "animated" in a way....then add her OTT lyrics and the colorful, silly, "party" vibe video and I think it's clear that this isn't to be taken so seriously. Lighten the fuck up!! Jesus!

I’ve always loved this song/video, but then again I like much of SOPHIE’s work. 

5 hours ago, V.K said:

i don't really think you get it.Self references and self gloating fits rignt in today's hip hop dominated culture,and she's not even serious about it

THIS.

Some really don't get it...

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

I think it's sad that Madonna fans are aging in a more "old fogie" kind of way than she is. CLEARLY she wasn't being serious with the song or video.....it's a parody in a sense. I'd be all for giving her shit if she came out with something serious exclaiming "Bitch I'm Madonna" but this?? The beat itself sounds "animated" in a way....then add her OTT lyrics and the colorful, silly, "party" vibe video and I think it's clear that this isn't to be taken so seriously. Lighten the fuck up!! Jesus!

:chuckle:

I will never stop believing that if BIM was released as first single she might have had another possible top 10 hit. BIM is one of the sickest songs she’s ever recorded. The video is amongst one of her best and goes without saying how fucking hot she looks in it. The only televised BIM performance (on Fallon) went down a storm breathing more life to Rebel Heart in the charts. 

She should have worked with Sophie for more tracks for RH. LFL would have had a more exciting sound if Sophie was involved in producing it as well. Rihanna is now working with Sophie herself. Once again Madonna proved she can still teach today kids a thing or two. 

24 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

I will never stop believing that if BIM was released as first single she might have had another possible top 10 hit. BIM is one of the sickest songs she’s ever recorded. The video is amongst one of her best and goes without saying how fucking hot she looks in it. The only televised BIM performance (on Fallon) went down a storm breathing more life to Rebel Heart in the charts. 

She should have worked with Sophie for more tracks for RH. LFL would have had a more exciting sound if Sophie was involved in producing it as well. Rihanna is now working with Sophie herself. Once again Madonna proved she can still teach today kids a thing or two. 

No lies detected! 

Imagine if she would have pulled a BIM performance at the Grammys :bow:

That Fallon performance was fire!! I kinda like it more than the tour performance. 

5 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

That Fallon performance was fire!! I kinda like it more than the tour performance. 

The best!!! 

The Fallon performance was adorable, blows away the tour performance. The video is still the best though. She's just so damn cute.

3 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Exactly! It’s ironic and just a bit of fun. Okay so it’s not her best song but she had plenty of serious and deep songs on that album. Jeez Louise! 

6 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Yaaass preachh!!

They didn’t hear the “i just wanna have fun tonight” line :lol: 

3 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

It was my dream RHT ending song, with her asking the crowd to sing “Bitch Im Madonna” woth her. But she chose Holiday :(

On 1/12/2018 at 2:46 AM, acko said:

Let's face it tho...the video is only known as 'That Video that has Beyoncé & Katy Perry...' in it.

& That's probably the main reason why I don't care 4 it.

It also had Yoko Ono!

4 hours ago, 5iVe Elements said:

Yaaass preachh!!

They didn’t hear the “i just wanna have fun tonight” line :lol: 

:clap:

4 hours ago, 5iVe Elements said:

It also had Yoko Ono!

:dead:

5 hours ago, 5iVe Elements said:

It was my dream RHT ending song, with her asking the crowd to sing “Bitch Im Madonna” woth her. But she chose Holiday :(

Definitely

RHT finale should have been essentially BIM from Fallon perf exactly as it was but on stage with the same costume and look instead of the 'OMG we're having a pyjama party' version of 'Holiday'

And instead of BIM as 2nd second song in the set I'd have gone for a classic to warm the audiences up, like VOGUE a la Japon par example and I would have gotten rid of VOGUE in Holy Water and replaced it with something else. I mean come on let's face it what BETTER to follow a song called ICONIC than the most iconic song in her catalogue i.e. VOGUE. And we've never had a Japanese version of it.

^I love those ideas and had similar ones myself for the tour.

I always thought an extended BIM with the roaring 20s "Flapper Follies" theme would have been FIRE.

21 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I don't know if that comparison works though. It wouldn't have worked for Bowie because it doesn't fit him. But Madonna has always had a sense of humor about herself. And the whole song is meant to be tongue in cheek anyway.

Exactly! I dont mean to ruffle feathers but the only qualities Madonna shared with Bowie was that they frequently changed image and sound. I really dont think she took herself as seriously as Bowie took himself which is why BIM works for me. The thing with Madonna tho is she has always always been very very contemporary and i adore that about her. I dont view myself as a person who is set in my ways and my shoes and that is how i like my music and my thinking. I didnt bat an eyelash when i first heard Bitch Im Madonna,  how can we as Madonna fans not expect that kind of thing from her? 

44 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

Definitely

RHT finale should have been essentially BIM from Fallon perf exactly as it was but on stage with the same costume and look instead of the 'OMG we're having a pyjama party' version of 'Holiday'

And instead of BIM as 2nd second song in the set I'd have gone for a classic to warm the audiences up, like VOGUE a la Japon par example and I would have gotten rid of VOGUE in Holy Water and replaced it with something else. I mean come on let's face it what BETTER to follow a song called ICONIC than the most iconic song in her catalogue i.e. VOGUE. And we've never had a Japanese version of it.

Agree totally with Vogue. Always hated that Vogue was just a section in Holy Water. It deserves a full blown theatrical performance by itself. Vogue alongside Like a Prayer should be in every concert in full.  

I am In the minority here but loved Holiday as the end song. I know people here love BIM, but personally I think it is too polarising as a song to end a concert.  As much as we all resent it, her concerts have lots of "casual fans "  and Holiday is a massive favourite of the GP. 

Great créative directing Suedehole...!

4 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Agree totally with Vogue. Always hated that Vogue was just a section in Holy Water. It deserves a full blown theatrical performance by itself. Vogue alongside Like a Prayer should be in every concert in full.  

I am In the minority here but loved Holiday as the end song. I know people here love BIM, but personally I think it is too polarising as a song to end a concert.  As much as we all resent it, her concerts have lots of "casual fans "  and Holiday is a massive favourite of the GP. 

No way, pls. Next time she performs Holiday, Vogue or LAP I'm gonna puke big times! I was so happy that she performed only extracts of Vogue. Such a relief. I can't imagine a fan not tired to see the same songs performed, except for you ofc.

BTW Like A Prayer is wayyyyy more iconic than Vogue. :queenbitch:

4 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

^I love those ideas and had similar ones myself for the tour.

I always thought an extended BIM with the roaring 20s "Flapper Follies" theme would have been FIRE.

Never thought about that, but OMG  YES! to all of it.

19 hours ago, MerGirl said:

I’ve always loved this song/video, but then again I like much of SOPHIE’s work. 

It’s a fun song, and an anthem for the badass side of her personality. I love it too. 

5 hours ago, Galactic-Tiger said:

No way, pls. Next time she performs Holiday, Vogue or LAP I'm gonna puke big times! I was so happy that she performed only extracts of Vogue. Such a relief. I can't imagine a fan not tired to see the same songs performed, except for you ofc.

BTW Like A Prayer is wayyyyy more iconic than Vogue. :queenbitch:

Are you trolling?