Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

Um... why wasn't "BITCH I'M MADONNA' video nominated for an MTV award?

Recommended Posts

Yeah it doesn't work for Bowie,  just like at the time I didn't think it works for her as it portrays a silly infantile image that doesn't fit her.  Yes it is fun, but it's in a dumb sorta way imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slut I'm Gaga! 

Coming Out in 2030 in the hope that people may have forgotten Bitch I'm Madonna by then!!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pedro said:

:headbang: :headbang::headbang:

We go hard or we go home
We gon do this all night long
We get freaky if you want
Na na na na
We go hard or we go home
We gon do this all night long
We get freaky if you want
Bitch I'm Madonna (Bitch I'm Madonna) (Bitch I'm Madonna)

:headbang::headbang: :headbang:

6D6449E4-10D9-42CA-B2AD-D53F308A01B3.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

6D6449E4-10D9-42CA-B2AD-D53F308A01B3.gif

🎵 Na na na na na 🎵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pedro said:

🎵 Na na na na na 🎵

90C83D71-3772-445F-AA69-0900AF3543AE.gif

she looked amazing here. Her most fun video to date. Loves it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't pretend you didn't all GET YOUR LIFE when she gave us I just wanna HAVE FUN TONIGHT !!! at the RHT after the intro!! :wow:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Andra said:

The beats are great, the sound is great, her voice a little annoying, but the title and lyrics are just the WORST. And exclaiming your own name in your song I just think it's totally CRINGE, she's just so much better than that and so above that. Like..imagine Bowie singing Bitch I'm Bowie.

i don't really think you get it.Self references and self gloating fits rignt in today's hip hop dominated culture,and she's not even serious about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, V.K said:

i don't really think you get it.Self references and self gloating fits rignt in today's hip hop dominated culture,and she's not even serious about it

This. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the most embarrassing song/videos she's ever done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Andra said:

The beats are great, the sound is great, her voice a little annoying, but the title and lyrics are just the WORST. And exclaiming your own name in your song I just think it's totally CRINGE, she's just so much better than that and so above that. Like..imagine Bowie singing Bitch I'm Bowie.

This, 100%! This is my problem with BiM, her voice and the lyrics. Diplo's beats are insane, just as Pharrell's were for Spanish Lesson for example. But both songs suffer from the same, cringey lyrics and singing. BIM is Madonna's ode to the cult of celebrity and the Kardashian generation, and kids know there is no bigger celebrity than M, although it is likely they hardly know, or care, what she's famous for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, V.K said:

i don't really think you get it.Self references and self gloating fits rignt in today's hip hop dominated culture,and she's not even serious about it

Serious or not, it doesn't make it any better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, LHakaLH said:

One of the most embarrassing song/videos she's ever done.

You just know anyone else releasing that pile of shit would get crucified for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The video is great and fun, I like it. I just watched it once, though. I didn't even remember Bey and Katy made a cameo. Flop fan !! :rotfl:

But the song is.......... ewww :provoke:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hated all the cameos, they were so unnecessary and looked like some overlay from Adobe Photoshop lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, V.K said:

i don't really think you get it.Self references and self gloating fits rignt in today's hip hop dominated culture,and she's not even serious about it

tumblr_lhirv9cvS21qdtfdbo1_400.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear lots of casuals singing this song here in our shit country, and they didn't know LFL and GT exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's sad that Madonna fans are aging in a more "old fogie" kind of way than she is. CLEARLY she wasn't being serious with the song or video.....it's a parody in a sense. I'd be all for giving her shit if she came out with something serious exclaiming "Bitch I'm Madonna" but this?? The beat itself sounds "animated" in a way....then add her OTT lyrics and the colorful, silly, "party" vibe video and I think it's clear that this isn't to be taken so seriously. Lighten the fuck up!! Jesus!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve always loved this song/video, but then again I like much of SOPHIE’s work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, V.K said:

i don't really think you get it.Self references and self gloating fits rignt in today's hip hop dominated culture,and she's not even serious about it

THIS.

Some really don't get it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

I think it's sad that Madonna fans are aging in a more "old fogie" kind of way than she is. CLEARLY she wasn't being serious with the song or video.....it's a parody in a sense. I'd be all for giving her shit if she came out with something serious exclaiming "Bitch I'm Madonna" but this?? The beat itself sounds "animated" in a way....then add her OTT lyrics and the colorful, silly, "party" vibe video and I think it's clear that this isn't to be taken so seriously. Lighten the fuck up!! Jesus!

:chuckle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will never stop believing that if BIM was released as first single she might have had another possible top 10 hit. BIM is one of the sickest songs she’s ever recorded. The video is amongst one of her best and goes without saying how fucking hot she looks in it. The only televised BIM performance (on Fallon) went down a storm breathing more life to Rebel Heart in the charts. 

She should have worked with Sophie for more tracks for RH. LFL would have had a more exciting sound if Sophie was involved in producing it as well. Rihanna is now working with Sophie herself. Once again Madonna proved she can still teach today kids a thing or two. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

I will never stop believing that if BIM was released as first single she might have had another possible top 10 hit. BIM is one of the sickest songs she’s ever recorded. The video is amongst one of her best and goes without saying how fucking hot she looks in it. The only televised BIM performance (on Fallon) went down a storm breathing more life to Rebel Heart in the charts. 

She should have worked with Sophie for more tracks for RH. LFL would have had a more exciting sound if Sophie was involved in producing it as well. Rihanna is now working with Sophie herself. Once again Madonna proved she can still teach today kids a thing or two. 

 

No lies detected! 

Imagine if she would have pulled a BIM performance at the Grammys :bow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Fallon performance was fire!! I kinda like it more than the tour performance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

That Fallon performance was fire!! I kinda like it more than the tour performance. 

The best!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Fallon performance was adorable, blows away the tour performance. The video is still the best though. She's just so damn cute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

I think it's sad that Madonna fans are aging in a more "old fogie" kind of way than she is. CLEARLY she wasn't being serious with the song or video.....it's a parody in a sense. I'd be all for giving her shit if she came out with something serious exclaiming "Bitch I'm Madonna" but this?? The beat itself sounds "animated" in a way....then add her OTT lyrics and the colorful, silly, "party" vibe video and I think it's clear that this isn't to be taken so seriously. Lighten the fuck up!! Jesus!

Exactly! It’s ironic and just a bit of fun. Okay so it’s not her best song but she had plenty of serious and deep songs on that album. Jeez Louise! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

I think it's sad that Madonna fans are aging in a more "old fogie" kind of way than she is. CLEARLY she wasn't being serious with the song or video.....it's a parody in a sense. I'd be all for giving her shit if she came out with something serious exclaiming "Bitch I'm Madonna" but this?? The beat itself sounds "animated" in a way....then add her OTT lyrics and the colorful, silly, "party" vibe video and I think it's clear that this isn't to be taken so seriously. Lighten the fuck up!! Jesus!

Yaaass preachh!!

They didn’t hear the “i just wanna have fun tonight” line :lol: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

That Fallon performance was fire!! I kinda like it more than the tour performance. 

It was my dream RHT ending song, with her asking the crowd to sing “Bitch Im Madonna” woth her. But she chose Holiday :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2018 at 2:46 AM, acko said:

Let's face it tho...the video is only known as 'That Video that has Beyoncé & Katy Perry...' in it.

& That's probably the main reason why I don't care 4 it.

It also had Yoko Ono!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 5iVe Elements said:

Yaaass preachh!!

They didn’t hear the “i just wanna have fun tonight” line :lol: 

 

:clap:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×