MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

Um... why wasn't "BITCH I'M MADONNA' video nominated for an MTV award?

EPIC FAIL on their part if you ask me. 

YEs it wasn't a number 1 hit or anything and yes the song isn't great but 

1. The video was fantastique
2. It was an internet sensation / viral whatever
3. It made her hip/relevant with younger gen
4. It has actually outlasted BAD BLOOD (its rival vid at the time) 

5 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

EPIC FAIL on their part if you ask me. 

YEs it wasn't a number 1 hit or anything and yes the song isn't great but 

1. The video was fantastique
2. It was an internet sensation / viral whatever
3. It made her hip/relevant with younger gen
4. It has actually outlasted BAD BLOOD (its rival vid at the time) 

Point number 3 did it GENUINLY make her hip and relevant with a younger generation ?

It's funny.  The performance on Jimmy Fallon got rave reviews from everyone, but then the whole Drake thing happened and the claws came out for Madonna again it seemed in terms of people reverting back to pricks on social media over her BIM video which is filled with ageist comments.  

The irony being the fact that the video is one loud FUCK YOU to the ageist trolls.  Guess that went over their head as they took the video literally. 

I've erased the Drake thing in my mind. It was the worst thing ever in her entire career. 

after Drake reacted the way he did...I had no desire to listen to any of his shit music...had it gone down another way...I would've given him the benefit of the doubt since she liked him...he blew it with her (and me)

34 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

I've erased the Drake thing in my mind. It was the worst thing ever in her entire career. 

But the "I kissed a girl, and I liked it." shade after was priceless.

Had the impression that many people (not all) thought the video wasn’t very good or just didn’t get it.🤔

Madonna receives so much negativity and polarization that it’s difficult to judge what the public likes about her latest music, videos, tours, etc...

Is this a parody thread?

Only youtubers show up. Madonna should never go on that shitfest. 

Drake can fuck off 

what a moron 

he should be so lucky 

anyway. Well this video. Yeah. Um. Oh I can’t . Her mouth . Deformed . 

But i do love it. And who the fuck cares about MTV . 

Because current day MTV is crap! 

Next!

I dont like it and I hate the song 

*waiting pitchforks* 

She was so ready to put Drake on a Best Night remix and he threw it all away. His loss.

BIM is arguably the best song from RH era and its mv is dope. 

A huge middle finger to ageism that got all haters pressed.

Pure Madonna style.

2 hours ago, Aries said:

after Drake reacted the way he did...I had no desire to listen to any of his shit music...had it gone down another way...I would've given him the benefit of the doubt since she liked him...he blew it with her (and me)

Drake is a pussy. He ruined what could have been a funny, cool moment. Not M's fault...it's his. And he didn't really do anything to have her back afterward.

Fuck him.

MTV wouldn't know quality work these days if it bit them in the ass.

Regardless of M's commercial performance, her work is still top quality. Compared to what passes for the hitmaker kids of today, it's even more obvious. And her video game has been on point for a while now.

I seriously had no idea MTV awards still existed 

I would love for her to do a one-off throwback to the first time...come out in a wedding dress and roll around on the floor!

3 hours ago, Skin said:

But the "I kissed a girl, and I liked it." shade after was priceless.

Yeah that was amazing but that Drake episode was a nightmare! I hated him so much at that time 

I love the BIM video and for all those acting as if it's not worthy of a nom, look at the vids from that year that were nom/won and then get back to us.....

No, it ain't Vogue but no video these days is that. BIM definitely fit in with the times and if M were "in" then it would've been nominated. Let's be real here, awards often have very little to do with quality and more to do with timing. ROL is a great video as well but out of ALL the vids in her videography, is that REALLY the one that deserved like 8 awards?? Of course not! It won because Madonna was "in" at that time and for the fact that she had been snubbed in many main categories for years.....same with the Grammy's that ROL won. Don't get me wrong, ROL deserved those wins as it's one of the best albums of the 90's but that win was as much about Madonna being snubbed for 15 years for stuff like LAP and Vogue than it was about the quality of ROL. If we're basing the quality of the BIM video based on the fact it wasn't nominated then I suppose many others like Oh Father would fall under that same umbrella? MOST of her vids from this decade are MTV Award nom worthy IMO. She's stepped it up quite a bit from the Jump and Celebration days. The last half of the 00's I feel like only gave us like two nom worthy vids.

Regarding the whole Drake incident, I'm most definitely in the minority here but I still don't think Drake had ill intent with that. The first time I saw it, when it was super fresh, before all the brouhaha started, my immediate thought was his reaction was that of (somewhat exaggerated for the stage of course) shock, like "OMG fuckin Madonna just kissed me" kind of thing. The statement he made following the "incident" sort of corroborates that too. Of course after seeing the reactions on social media, it's easy to see why the reaction to that kiss was interpreted the way it was, as a reaction of disgust.....but I feel like the usual trolls created that ENTIRE narrative and not only did most of us but Madonna herself believed it. It was a GOLDEN opportunity to finally age shame her the way many have always wanted to and have the "young and hot 'it' star" of the moment, Drake, back them up (in their minds anyways....never mind that he denied any ill will multiple times). I'm not Drake fan AT ALL....I find him somewhat attractive but I couldn't name a song by him off the top of my head besides that Madonna song he did. He's boring and as far as legit "hip hop" artists go, he's incredibly vanilla and phony.....but I still don't think he intended to humiliate Madonna. The narrative that was created after that is what ultimately humiliated her. It's sad because that really could've been a cool moment and it was up until the very end....she was SMOKING hot that night. Even more sad is that the usually seemingly unfazed Madonna did actually seemed bothered by it all too. :(

MTV award is so yesterday.

1 hour ago, horn said:

MTV award is so yesterday.

This

One main reason: ageism.

MTV seems like its fixated on braindead teens with horrible music like Drake. So of course, M with the gorgeous music she does is a NO NO. BIM seemed targeted at the teens, but it was a big exception фор her. USA media seem determined to see her fail, attacking her and painting her "uncool". So there are many reasons.

11 hours ago, Confessit said:

Point number 3 did it GENUINLY make her hip and relevant with a younger generation ?

Yes

My only prove is in Bulgaria, but younger people were enjoying the video a lot and the song was played for example in parks while teenagers were having their fun. 

I need a reconstruction of the whole Drake thng, like the album origin threads.

I never really payed attention 2 him, but now I feel left out.

28 minutes ago, acko said:

I need a reconstruction of the whole Drake thng, like the album origin threads.

I never really payed attention 2 him, but now I feel left out.

The best thing about it all was that Drake's fans thought that Madonna was 40. It was like "eeeeewwww that grandma. How old is she, 40?" :lmao:

She looked so hot that night, by the way. The hottest she looked in the whole RH era: 

Resultado de imagen de madonna drake