MadonnaNation.com Forums

So I was going through various wiki articles about M and came across this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstar_(Madonna_song)

Although no music video was officially confirmed or produced, media outlets reported that a music video for "Superstar" was to be shot in October 2012. Madonna wanted to dress as a "Terror Bride", which is a combination of an Iraqi bridal veil and a US soldier's uniform. The dress was to be portrayed as a statement for oppression against women and warfare. However, the singer's advisers talked her out of wearing the costume because they thought it would "put her life at risk". Sources then stated "[Madonna] had the outfit ready to go. She was really proud of it and said it was her 'Terror Bride' costume [...] At first, when people started telling her it was madness, she just brushed it off, but when they mentioned that her actions could put her life at risk, she decided to ditch it from her video and certainly won't be wearing it on stage." Madonna said she was "really disappointed" about not wearing the outfit, but had put aside the idea for a future use.[28]

I never heard of this before! Can someone please shed more light on this? S'il vous plait!!!! 

read about out it,from various sources at the time.Awsome if true,hopw she does this in the future as it is wildy politicaly relevant.But the life risk part is also very true.It's not just her,it's also the children.Hell will break loose with Islam

Sounds awful. Glad she didn't do it. 

For SUPERSTAR?

What wind-up merchant wrote that?!

Never heard of that...

I definitely heard about a terrorist bride outfit around the time but I thought it was for the tour but it was supposedly scrapped.

And, as far as I'm concerned, this looks pretty much like it.

Madonna---MDNA-Tour---Overture---Copenha

There was that pic on Instagram wasn't there

She had a burkah on 

It got a lot of press

Arianne had styled her so clearly there was some kind of creative endeavour planned, but I think it was more a photo shoot than a video for the Worst Song on her Worst Studio Album!! 

Superstar the Single with video! itself would have been a bigger life risk. Potential career killer. 

56 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

There was that pic on Instagram wasn't there

She had a burkah on 

It got a lot of press

Arianne had styled her so clearly there was some kind of creative endeavour planned, but I think it was more a photo shoot than a video for the Worst Song on her Worst Studio Album!! 

Exactly, too much thought on the visuals for one of the most mediocre jingles in an album already full of ad jingles. But as said, maybe the terror bride outfit did end up being the one used for the tour intro.

Superstar?  

Damn.  If that happened she would have officially released nothing but the worst MDNA has to offer as singles.  

Would be as if Madonna released True Blue and only put out Jimmy Jimmy and LMTWGR as singles...

Making a political stance with a crap song like superstar ? The whole concept does not fit the song at all.

Ooh la la indeed.

maybe it was just a video for a tour interlude?

We definitely saw that image of her in a cultural/religious veil of some sort...and it already sparked a fire amongst the usual suspects who criticize that kind of stuff. 

But for Superstar? Doesn't make sense. Possibly for the tour or a photoshoot, as some said...

But I can definitely see her toying with the idea of this kind of concept. If times were different, she'd probably do it.

Sounds made up and taken from some kind of forum where somebody was wishfulthinking, imo. 

I do remember reading about it at the time. I also remember thinking it was weird to plan to make such an amazing video for the worst song on the album, especially that it wasn't even included on the MDNA Tour setlist. 

And I remember the Instagram posts, but I was under the impression that she was still getting her point across without showing the actual intended outfit. But, really, what do I know?

Most of all, I remember that, when she was told that she was risking her life, she said something like "OK, I won't wear it... for now."

That being said, I remember a lot of interesting things, but I can't find a source anymore. Maybe it was fake news after all.

MDNA really did have the worst single choices, didn’t it?

Superstar as the final (proper) single would’ve been career suicide.

The visuals sounded interesting though,  but would’ve been more fitting for something like ‘Gang Bang’

4 hours ago, Alain Delon said:

I do remember reading about it at the time. I also remember thinking it was weird to plan to make such an amazing video for the worst song on the album, especially that it wasn't even included on the MDNA Tour setlist. 

And I remember the Instagram posts, but I was under the impression that she was still getting her point across without showing the actual intended outfit. But, really, what do I know?

Most of all, I remember that, when she was told that she was risking her life, she said something like "OK, I won't wear it... for now."

That being said, I remember a lot of interesting things, but I can't find a source anymore. Maybe it was fake news after all.

I remember this was a little before the promo was out. I always feel where there's smoke there's fire. Shortly after Turn Up the Radio i remember reading that indeed Gang Bang was going to be a single but that Quinton was not going to direct the video and the whole thing about radio airplay. Then all of a sudden people started talking about Superstar and it was used for that Bravo tv commercial. That's when the terror bride rumor came about and that contest for the single cover. Maybe the terror bride was for the Gang Bang rumor and then got cancelled and got mixed up with the Superstar contest single?

The single cover :lmao:

Resultado de imagen de superstar madonna single cover

^^ Madonna looks fantastic in that pic❗️

I remember EVERYONE talking about the supposed video of Gang Bang or Love Spent. I think there was still wishful thinking happening in early 2013.

I love the song Superstar so much, I know I'm in the minority here but lol Still wouldn't want it as a single over Love Spent, Beautiful Killer, I'm a Sinner.

9 hours ago, karbatal said:

Compared to the last round of single covers, it really ain't all that bad.

12 hours ago, karbatal said:

and to top it off, it wasnt even original! The artist had already created it with wonder woman and when the contest happened she just stuck on Madonna's onto her already completed work!!!