MadonnaNation.com Forums
spotlight

Madonna Instagram Thread

1 hour ago, Plasticlimbo said:

They are singing in French Do do l'enfant do

Thx dear. I just saw it.

3 hours ago, peter said:

Not necessarily ... That Robert Xavier (?) whose posts she has re-shared recently seems to have a lot of Flender’s videos on his account. So she may have seen them there... Of course, you could be right — she could also be following Flender directly.

:brenspin::thumbsup::brenspin: 

1 hour ago, Plasticlimbo said:

When I was in primary school we used to sing a swear version of this song and thought we were so badass.

6 hours ago, peter said:

Good question — there are numerous anecdotal examples we’ve heard about over the years. Falling Free on MDNAT, Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You on RIT, others that have been rehearsed but not presented in the finalized version. You raise a good reason — not fitting the narrative — I wonder if, sometimes, she doesn’t perform a song as much because it might be emotionally difficult for her. Some songs might mean something deeply personal to her. (Not that, say, LAB/Love Spent wasn’t emotionally exhausting for her to perform — clearly that was a demanding performance! But, i just mean, she’s never performed “Promise to Try” live, for example...)

I was also reading that TPOG was going to be performed on S&S tour but was dropped because of her divorce.

But yes, I love that she's so daft on her Instagram. And that song is great.

Have we any further news or hints on the album? I'm so thirsty for it!

5 hours ago, Ugly Hecty said:

I don't understand. She gives us a preview of her new single and video, yet everyone is bitching! Be thankful she gave us what she did and shut the fuck up! :lol2:

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

She followed Cardi B

:wow:

There will be meltdowns galore! 

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

She followed Cardi B

tenor.gif

Ok she's joking but I would kill for Bedtime Stories Vol. 2 with production by Frank Ocean, Arca and Massive Attack :dramatic:

I can dream :lol:

2 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Ok she's joking but I would kill for Bedtime Stories Vol. 2 with production by Frank Ocean, Arca and Massive Attack :dramatic:

I can dream :lol:

:lmao:

8 hours ago, peter said:

Good question — there are numerous anecdotal examples we’ve heard about over the years. Falling Free on MDNAT, Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You on RIT, others that have been rehearsed but not presented in the finalized version. You raise a good reason — not fitting the narrative — I wonder if, sometimes, she doesn’t perform a song as much because it might be emotionally difficult for her. Some songs might mean something deeply personal to her. (Not that, say, LAB/Love Spent wasn’t emotionally exhausting for her to perform — clearly that was a demanding performance! But, i just mean, she’s never performed “Promise to Try” live, for example...)

That doesn't really make any sense or have I missed something? Was Devil already an old song that just got added to HC? Why would she perform some unreleased song on RIT? 

13 minutes ago, Lolo said:

That doesn't really make any sense or have I missed something? Was Devil already an old song that just got added to HC? Why would she perform some unreleased song on RIT? 

The first time we heard about "Devil" was during the RIT rehearsals, so it was written in some way for a while

Mike McKnight, who was part of Madonna's live band from 1990-2005, revealed in an interview with DrownedMadonna that this is how the Re-Invention Tour setlist looked when rehearsals started in late February 2004:

1. The Beast Within (video intro)

2. Vogue

3. Swim

4. Nobody Knows Me

5. Express Yourself

6. American Life (Headcleanr Rock Mix)

7. Burning Up

8. Love Profusion (Headcleanr Rock Mix)

9. I’m So Stupid

10. Hollywood (VMAs mix)

11. The Devil Wouldn't Recognise You

12. Hanky Panky

13. Dress You Up

14. Take a Bow

15. Bedtime Story (video interlude)

16. Like a Prayer

17. Don't Tell Me (promo tour version)

18. Mother and Father (promo tour version)

19. Live to Tell

20. Into the Groove (GAP version) OR Holiday

21. Music

22. Crazy for You

23. Die Another Day

9 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Yes, I know it sounds strange, but you surmised correctly. DWRY pre-existed HC. It’s not know how close the earlier version is to the released version. (Obviously, the JT and Timbaland elements wouldn’t have been there in 2004...) 

The song was originally written by M for one of her defunct musical projects — either Hello, Suckers or the untitled Luc Besson musical... can’t recall. DWRY would have been in the showgirl segment, and, if memory serves, was replaced by the torchy rendition of Deeper and Deeper. 

I believe it was Mike McKnight (?) who shared this info... Forget what his title was on RIT — some sort of director. I want to say musical director, but my foggy memory is also questioning that because I thought Stuart Price was musical director for DWT — and would think he continued in the same role through RIT and CT. (It’s 4 AM here so my brain is a little tired! lol. sorry!) But he (Mike McKnight) gave an interview with a fan site and shared this info, among other interesting details. I think we learned from him, for example, that the opening section was supposed to feature Nothing Really Matters. I think Frozen replaced it? (Or maybe even Nobody Knows Me... ?)

7 minutes ago, Starman said:

The first time we heard about "Devil" was during the RIT rehearsals, so it was written in some way for a while

Mike McKnight, who was part of Madonna's live band from 1990-2005, revealed in an interview with DrownedMadonna that this is how the Re-Invention Tour setlist looked when rehearsals started in late February 2004:

1. The Beast Within (video intro)

2. Vogue

3. Swim

4. Nobody Knows Me

5. Express Yourself

6. American Life (Headcleanr Rock Mix)

7. Burning Up

8. Love Profusion (Headcleanr Rock Mix)

9. I’m So Stupid

10. Hollywood (VMAs mix)

11. The Devil Wouldn't Recognise You

12. Hanky Panky

13. Dress You Up

14. Take a Bow

15. Bedtime Story (video interlude)

16. Like a Prayer

17. Don't Tell Me (promo tour version)

18. Mother and Father (promo tour version)

19. Live to Tell

20. Into the Groove (GAP version) OR Holiday

21. Music

22. Crazy for You

23. Die Another Day

Thanks, @Starman

Trolldonna is the best donna. Thanks for the laugh!

Are these funky fools walking on the spot or using a Hard Candy gym treadmill? :lmao:

@peter and @Starman thank you for explaining! 👍🏻 I never heard of this before. Is there somewhere an 'old' version of the song that has leaked? 

Just now, Lolo said:

@peter and @Starman thank you for explaining! 👍🏻 I never heard of this before. Is there somewhere an 'old' version of the song that has leaked? 

No old version, it remains a mistery!

8 hours ago, Stephen said:

She followed Cardi B

tanya-turner22.gif

2 hours ago, DagIN said:

tanya-turner22.gif

:rotfl:

11 hours ago, Stephen said:

She followed Cardi B

Wow I'm concerned. What took so long??!

🤡

13 hours ago, Stephen said:

She followed Cardi B

1 minute ago, DitaDolla said:

live-breaky-yourownnews-com-breaking-new

:lol:

Who are those wonderful girls???? 

Just now, karbatal said:

:lol:

Who are those wonderful girls???? 

Idk :D But I just edited my post with other wonderful girls :lmao:

I prefer the originals!!!!

I mean, they have decided to UNSTAN! 

5 minutes ago, DitaDolla said:

HAHAHAHAHA

"oh wow, oh wow"

"oh my god"

:lmao:

13 hours ago, Stephen said:

She followed Cardi B

DelectableMelodicFlyinglemur-size_restri

14 hours ago, Plasticlimbo said:

What on Earth is this ?   It looks like the girls have been sucked into an energiser bunny ghost :nervous: