MadonnaNation.com Forums
5iVe Elements

Mariah Carey - Drinking Liquor for 11 Months Again

6 minutes ago, spotlight said:

Queen!

:order::order::order: I agree 

8 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

Queen!

I only liked Mariah from her debut 1990 - 1995 (One Sweet Day)

9 hours ago, spotlight said:

:dead::dead::dead::clap::clap::clap:

Thanks to the bargin bin, I have her Glitter, Harmbracelet, The-Constipation-of-Mimi & K=FC2.

Her lambs bragged so much about how Harmbracelet is one of her best but to me, all 3 (HB, TCOM, KFC2) are nothing but snoozefest. She used too much of her whispering "technic" on these albums and made me :zzz: 

To be honest, Glitter sounds much better than the 3.

This thread title is misleading. 

It implies that she isn’t drunk off her ass all of December, which we know she is!

21 hours ago, horn said:

Thanks to the bargin bin, I have her Glitter, Harmbracelet, The-Constipation-of-Mimi & K=FC2.

Her lambs bragged so much about how Harmbracelet is one of her best but to me, all 3 (HB, TCOM, KFC2) are nothing but snoozefest. She used too much of her whispering "technic" on these albums and made me :zzz: 

Glitter is (IMO) her best, most risk taking album. Deeply underrated and overlooked.

3 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

Glitter is (IMO) her best, most risk taking album. Deeply underrated and overlooked.

Agreed. 

I actually enjoyed that record.

Her best is The Remixes one. 

On 1/10/2018 at 4:50 AM, horn said:

I thought TEOM and E=MC2 were known for her using full voice a lot again after Charmbracelet, which was definitely the peak of her whispering. 

I like the retro dancey stuff on Glitter but the rest is more of the same with those ballads and hip-hop collaborations that everyone on here hates. And lots of whispering. "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" is unbearable. 

10 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

It's the only time she truly stepped out of her formulaic shelf. Her best album indeed. 

4 hours ago, Anne said:

Her best is The Remixes one. 

But only the one disc, & it ain't that shitty dance remixes one

5 hours ago, vocalism said:

I thought TEOM and E=MC2 were known for her using full voice a lot again after Charmbracelet, which was definitely the peak of her whispering. 

I like the retro dancey stuff on Glitter but the rest is more of the same with those ballads and hip-hop collaborations that everyone on here hates. And lots of whispering. "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" is unbearable. 

IMO, it's one of Glitter's (and one of her) best tracks. Agree that all the rappers do make it unbearable, had it been only MC featuring one rapper, it'd be fire. 

23 minutes ago, LHakaLH said:

IMO, it's one of Glitter's (and one of her) best tracks. Agree that all the rappers do make it unbearable, had it been only MC featuring one rapper, it'd be fire. 

I want to like it, but is it Busta Rhymes who won't shut up the whole time? And she whispers throughout the whole thing and I just want her to fucking BELT in full voice but she never does. It's frustrating. I do enjoy "Didn't Mean to Turn You On," "All My Life," and "Want You" though. And I also like "Loverboy." I just think it's so campy and like a piss take of all of her previous lead singles - "Dreamlover," "Fantasy," "Heartbreaker." It's like the same song written over and over again and she knows it. 

I never bought or listened to a MC album. ever. 

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

3 hours ago, spotlight said:

:kiss2:

18C1F3E4-1698-4827-936C-106D1EBF2C83.gif

Even though I loathe Cant Let Go lyrically, when I hear it I can’t help but

250772B9-2F09-4BFB-B115-261862036855.gif

And when I hear the O.D.B mix of Fantasy, I’m all

C429D2F8-E4FA-4A45-A369-834971ABB9EC.gif

Look at me, I said something nice about Moo music twice in one day.

Proud of me.

A98EAFDC-1018-4B1F-A64A-76E7C6BD75E7.gif

They’re definitely trolling Ol’ Moo for sure

6AC91FEE-3D64-46A0-BFA2-9C914B73F5E5.gif

B8A7EBE7-3289-45E3-B777-BC03A40F6FE4.gif

10 hours ago, spotlight said:

Just like MC’s gynaecologist never saw her punani and examines her over the phone.

She could pull those piss flaps up over her head and use as a rain bonnet 

15 hours ago, spotlight said:

It's one of the reasons I love you. :) 

I don't know. I guess I am genetically dispositioned to dislike her music.  The only song I think is bearable is her Xmas song as it's a ripoff of better Phil Spector-produced Xmas songs. 

7 hours ago, Marco said:

Just like MC’s gynaecologist never saw her punani and examines her over the phone.

1 hour ago, Mozo1 said:

It's one of the reasons I love you. :) 

I don't know. I guess I am genetically dispositioned to dislike her music.  The only song I think is bearable is her Xmas song as it's a ripoff of better Phil Spector-produced Xmas songs. 

:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: