MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt420

A "deep cuts" tour?

Would we be down for something like this?

Stevie Nicks just wrapped up her most successful solo tour, The 24 Karat Gold Tour. This show focused on lesser performed album cuts instead of just her typical "hits" only sets that she normally does. The "deep cuts" were interwoven with lengthy stories about the inspiration and stories of the creation behind the songs and other random little vignettes peppered throughout the show. I'd absolutely love for Madonna to do something like this.....oh can you imagine the stories! Obviously something like this wouldn't be meant for stadiums so either smaller arenas or theaters would be ideal for a tour like this. She said recently that she'd like to try something more scaled down so something like this could work perfectly with that in mind. She definitely touched on this idea with Tears Of A Clown.....which was fucking amazing as a one off (or two off in this case) but I'd almost like something more straightforward and less conceptual if she were to do this. The setlist may look something like:

Everybody
Angel
Gambler
Where's The Party
The Look Of Love
Til Death Do Us Part
Something To Remember
Rescue Me
This Used To Be My Playground
Bad Girl
I'll Remember
Sanctuary/Bedtime Story
I Want You
Skin
Time Stood Still
Impressive Instant
Easy Ride
Get Together
Voices
Broken
Falling Free
Messiah

Some songs could be interchanged with others from night to night (kinda like Prince's last tour). Also, maybe add a LAP encore or another one of her massive hits to close the show.

I think we'd all be up for it and yes Kylie Minogue also did something similar (The Anti-Tour) a few years ago but I doubt Madonna would ever do it. Unless she does something similar to TOAC dotted along the tour.. 

A fabulous Idea!

NO to “Voices” though 👎🏽

I think everyone would have a different deep cuts dream set list...

But yes it would be amazing, we would all be up for it a long with second mortgages on our houses. 

17 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

A fabulous Idea!

NO to “Voices” though 👎🏽

Agreed 

Maybe only the orchestral outro from Voices can actually be used as an orchestral intro for the show, with vocal samples from "Waiting" 

And then Madonna gets on stage and kicks off the show with 

RESCUE ME

Orchestral instrumental - VOICES

Waiting for you... just waiting.. 

Orchestral samples - VOICES

Can't you see I'm waiting... for you... 

Orchestral samples - VOICES + thunderstorm intro

I'm TALKIN'... 

I'm TALKIN'.... 

Madonna emerges from a thunderous cloud to rapturous applause

*cue audience losing their shit*

I BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF LOVE 

Now I know that this arrangement betrays the 10-year old fantasy of RAIN / RESCUE ME / RAY OF LIGHT but please do understand (particularly @Dr Lecter and @acko ) that the Rain/RM/ROL segment will be the centrepiece of the Spotlight Tour 2018, so for the Deeper & Deeper Cuts Mini Tour 2019, the arrangement will be somewhat altered. 

2 hours ago, Suedehead said:

Maybe only the orchestral outro from Voices can actually be used as an orchestral intro for the show, with vocal samples from "Waiting" 

RESCUE ME

I'm TALKIN'... 

I'm TALKIN'.... 

Now I know that this arrangement betrays the 10-year old fantasy of RAIN / RESCUE ME / RAY OF LIGHT but please do understand (particularly @Dr Lecter and @acko ) that the Rain/RM/ROL segment will be the centrepiece of the Spotlight Tour 2018, so for the Deeper & Deeper Cuts Mini Tour 2019, the arrangement will be somewhat altered. 

:rotfl: I love it...but all Bullshit aside, RHT should have gone full out with a RM/LFL suite feat. a heavy sample from Lynn Collins' THINK.

21 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

A fabulous Idea!

NO to “Voices” though 👎🏽

Who hacked IsaacHarris' account?? I KNOW the real IsaacHarris wouldn't say no to any HC track being included!?!? :smiles:

How about Incredible instead?? 

5 hours ago, Suedehead said:

RESCUE ME

I'm TALKIN'... 

I'm TALKIN'.... 

Absolutely dying at this fabulousness 

4 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Who hacked IsaacHarris' account?? I KNOW the real IsaacHarris wouldn't say no to any HC track being included!?!? :smiles:

How about Incredible instead?? 

Sadly Kurt, it is me! I cannot stand Voices, never could TBH. It’s the only track from HC that I never listen to :sneaky:

2 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

Sadly Kurt, it is me! I cannot stand Voices, never could TBH. It’s the only track from HC that I never listen to :sneaky:

Who is the master who is the slave? Fuck you Justin.

I saw the 24 Karat Gold Tour and it was simply divine. A stunning showcase of Stevie's music with beautiful stories about her timeless discography. I was absolutely captivated the entire time she was on stage and got lost in the show. I would absolutely die if Madonna did something like this and would take a second mortgage out on my home to go see it. 

The thing is, Madonna is really one of the ONLY pop stars who could even do a show similar to what Stevie did. Can you imagine Beyonce, whom I do enjoy, getting up there and captivating her audience with story? Or Gaga with her fake tears? Or Britney? :lmao:

I've seen some posts in here that dismiss any notion of Madonna doing a tour like this because she's more of a performance artist or because Kylie did it first or for whatever other reasons. But performance art doesn't need to have big bright lights or moving stages and backup dancers. And if there's one thing I've missed from Madonna's tours, it's having just HER up on stage with one of her timeless songs. She got back to that with the RHT and I hope she builds upon it on her next tour. 

The closest Madonna came to it was TOAC and even though the fanzzzzzz loved it, we all know what the mainstream media is like and they just used it as yet another excuse to bring her down but no matter what she is the Queen. 

3 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

The thing is, Madonna is really one of the ONLY pop stars who could even do a show similar to what Stevie did. Can you imagine Beyonce, whom I do enjoy, getting up there and captivating her audience with story? Or Gaga with her fake tears? Or Britney? :lmao:

To be fair, don't you have to be of a certain age to get away with that kind of show? Storytelling, reminiscing etc. Even then, Madonna's attempt at something similar (great in Melbourne, awful in Miami) really wasn't entirely successful. Cher's the one that comes immediately to mind who'd be good at that shit.

Anyway yeah, I would like to see something like that eventually. Hopefully something we all have a chance to see without the same old faces clogging up the front rows, shouting the same old 'yaaas queen' inanities every two seconds.  

On 1/3/2018 at 4:14 AM, acko said:

:rotfl: I love it...but all Bullshit aside, RHT should have gone full out with a RM/LFL suite feat. a heavy sample from Lynn Collins' THINK.

That's an interesting idea! I think musically they would go together awesome. But does it make sense lyric-wise?

I would love a tour like this. I think we'll get it at some point.

No.

On 4-1-2018 at 5:38 PM, Kim said:

Cher's the one that comes immediately to mind who'd be good at that shit.

Except she doesn't have the music...I love that bitch 2 death, but there's a difference between, 'good songs' and 'good Cher songs' :chuckle: Let's face it.

Her catalogue makes Tina's solo material come off as The Fucking Beatles.

I would love it. My fav Madonna tracks aren't singles

2 hours ago, acko said:

Except she doesn't have the music...I love that bitch 2 death, but there's a difference between, 'good songs' and 'good Cher songs' :chuckle: Let's face it.

Her catalogue makes Tina's solo material come off as The Fucking Beatles.

On what planet does Cher not 'have the music' to do a storytelling type of tour? Are you for real? 

Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves, Dark Lady, Half Breed, If I Could Turn Back Time, Heart of Stone. Just Like Jesse James, Believe. 

Not too mention some of her lesser known hits like Take Me Home, I Found Someone, Save Up All Your Tears. Plus, her showmanship ALONE could would be worth seeing. Anyone who's been to one of her concerts knows how fucking funny she is.

Kim is absolutely right. She's one of the ONLY other pop stars besides Madonna who could ever do an intimate type of show like this. 

49 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

On what planet does Cher not 'have the music' to do a storytelling type of tour? Are you for real? 

Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves, Dark Lady, Half Breed, If I Could Turn Back Time, Heart of Stone. Just Like Jesse James, Believe. 

Not too mention some of her lesser known hits like Take Me Home, I Found Someone, Save Up All Your Tears. Plus, her showmanship ALONE could would be worth seeing. Anyone who's been to one of her concerts knows how fucking funny she is.

Kim is absolutely right. She's one of the ONLY other pop stars besides Madonna who could ever do an intimate type of show like this. 

:rotfl:Cher is fantastic, Love her voice, love the woman.... but most of her music is very tacky like most of her outfits, her albums r awful.

Love ONE ANOTHER
Father and MOTHER !
Love ONE ANOTHER

Sister and BROTHER !

This is a DIFFERENT KIND OF LOVE SONG

WAOH 
WAOH !!!! 

Remember when she got upset her song 4 Burlesque wasn't nominated 4 an Oscar :rotfl:

This is a different KIND of LOVE SONG

Dedicated to EVERYONE !!!

Different KIND of LOVE SONG! 

Waoh WAOH!!! WAOH !!!! 

This is a SONG!! 

For the LONELY !!! 
Can you hear me TONIGHT !!

1 hour ago, acko said:

Remember when she got upset her song 4 Burlesque wasn't nominated 4 an Oscar :rotfl:

Bless her heart, she really loves that song.