MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Suedehead

If we were to ever get a BAT official release which concert would you want?

44 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

No to what? That she hates her voice in the Nice show? Well, you know by now I highly respect your opinion, as much as I may annoy you sometimes ☺ tell me please, which show do you believe she would rather like today? And this discussion is just for fun, I dont really believe she is releasing either one. I am just very curious too know which one, well, she hates more ☺☺☺

Well, first we need to remember that for some unexplained reason they put the flawed, unbalanced, dry TV broadcast audio onto the Nice laser disk without mixing or post producing it (this is still pretty much unheard of) Had they remixed it (like they did for Ciao Italia, Down Under and DWT etc) the vocals would not sound as abrasive or rough. It would have been made to sound pleasant enough. No her vocals wouldn't sound wonderful  (they never were on BA) but they would have sounded better, more polished and immersed in the music.

Assuming they have access to the original 16 track tapes or whatever, they could create a whole new soundmix of the Nice show. They could even do a Sticky & Sweet if they wanted and computer generate a brand new robot voiced BA! (perish the thought)

Even without the tapes, with today's technology they can polish the edges and make a more dynamic soundmix.

I also reject this fallacy that the Yokohama vocals are so great. Like a Virgin alone should be enough to put anyone off the whole thing. Like a dying cat.

Now I have a real love for the Barcelona show out of nostalgia at that being my worn-out videotape version of the show until bootlegs of the others showed up, but I know the choice would be between Japan and Nice for a new release. So I'd ask which one can be improved and which one are we basically stuck with regardless. Nice can be fixed, can be colour-corrected, can even be completely re-edited if they still have the original materials. Japan is pretty much the best it can ever be. We can't create camera angles of the stage that don't exist, we can't make the wind disappear or showcase the non existent lighting design or up Madonna's energy level. Nice - we can create a decent representation of what BA was all about - theatre, spectacle, ballsy, energetic, unapologetic, pioneering...

So when it comes to Blond Ambition, as the lady herself put it.... 

I'm not in the mood for ESKIMOS AND ICE. I'd rather see the show the way it was MEANT TO BE  :wow: :madonna2: <--- change that to curls

9 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well, first we need to remember that for some unexplained reason they put the flawed, unbalanced, dry TV broadcast audio onto the Nice laser disk without mixing or post producing it (this is still pretty much unheard of) Had they remixed it (like they did for Ciao Italia, Down Under and DWT etc) the vocals would not sound as abrasive or rough. It would have been made to sound pleasant enough. No her vocals wouldn't sound wonderful  (they never were on BA) but they would have sounded better, more polished and immersed in the music.

Assuming they have access to the original 16 track tapes or whatever, they could create a whole new soundmix of the Nice show. They could even do a Sticky & Sweet if they wanted and computer generate a brand new robot voiced BA! (perish the thought)

Even without the tapes, with today's technology they can polish the edges and make a more dynamic soundmix.

I also reject this fallacy that the Yokohama vocals are so great. Like a Virgin alone should be enough to put anyone off the whole thing. Like a dying cat.

Now I have a real love for the Barcelona show out of nostalgia at that being my worn-out videotape version of the show until bootlegs of the others showed up, but I know the choice would be between Japan and Nice for a new release. So I'd ask which one can be improved and which one are we basically stuck with regardless. Nice can be fixed, can be colour-corrected, can even be completely re-edited if they still have the original materials. Japan is pretty much the best it can ever be. We can't create camera angles of the stage that don't exist, we can't make the wind disappear or showcase the non existent lighting design or up Madonna's energy level. Nice - we can create a decent representation of what BA was all about - theatre, spectacle, ballsy, energetic, unapologetic, pioneering...

I'm not in the mood for ESKIMOS AND ICE. I'd rather see the show the way it was MEANT TO BE  :wow: :madonna2: <--- change that to curls

Good post, I agree

8 hours ago, Kim said:

One thing I would like to add, maybe it is "all this can be fixed and color corrected and voice fixed" that is just too much for madonna to do, I mean she would have done it by now if she wanted, so there must be another reason. She doesnt want to live in the past and keeps on releasing new tours but she must realise it wont make up for bat and fans are never going to stop asking her to release it. She should just get it over with. As for Japan, more of a personal question, besides the wind ruining part of the lighting by not diffusing properly, do you see the japan show as less of a show because of the windy ponytail, the wind effect on her outfits and the dangling candle piece in PDP. I personally thing weather is always as risk at outside taping and I dont see the wind as a reason its a bad show. I have to admit, I grew up watching tha japan show, it tought me all the Vogue moves and I know every frame of it, some better angles than Nice I may add, some not. But it is my nostalgia and i just get annoyed when people talk about it as a mistake, it is a wonderful very entertaining show that made me a fan. I know she complained about japan in tod but most of the nights it wasnt just a wind, it was a blizzard, raining the whole time, she couldnt even wear her custums. I think the recordered night was one of 2 nights that the weather was decent enough to tape in the outfits.  Its is just funny, she says she cant wait to go to US to do it and then why get EY from paris when in reality she is in texas doing a show resembling the recorded japan show alot more than paris. The film is of course a bit "staged" too.

8 hours ago, Kim said:

We have a winner :order:

There's a professional recording of New Jersey and Boston so why can't they be released?

She could also just release a 2 disc set with both Japan and Nice. Both shows have something that the other didn't. I would do that.

On 05/01/2018 at 3:28 AM, Bat-Fan said:

One thing I would like to add, maybe it is "all this can be fixed and color corrected and voice fixed" that is just too much for madonna to do, I mean she would have done it by now if she wanted, so there must be another reason. She doesnt want to live in the past and keeps on releasing new tours but she must realise it wont make up for bat and fans are never going to stop asking her to release it. She should just get it over with. As for Japan, more of a personal question, besides the wind ruining part of the lighting by not diffusing properly, do you see the japan show as less of a show because of the windy ponytail, the wind effect on her outfits and the dangling candle piece in PDP. I personally thing weather is always as risk at outside taping and I dont see the wind as a reason its a bad show. I have to admit, I grew up watching tha japan show, it tought me all the Vogue moves and I know every frame of it, some better angles than Nice I may add, some not. But it is my nostalgia and i just get annoyed when people talk about it as a mistake, it is a wonderful very entertaining show that made me a fan. I know she complained about japan in tod but most of the nights it wasnt just a wind, it was a blizzard, raining the whole time, she couldnt even wear her custums. I think the recordered night was one of 2 nights that the weather was decent enough to tape in the outfits.  Its is just funny, she says she cant wait to go to US to do it and then why get EY from paris when in reality she is in texas doing a show resembling the recorded japan show alot more than paris. The film is of course a bit "staged" too.

Frankly, I wouldn't want Madonna to do it. I'd rather it be left to the pros. Alek K said himself at that ToD screening where someone had ripped some scenes from the Nice laser disk for the intro that the colour was off and when the moderator guy joked later about finding, buying and putting out a release himself, Alek told him to call him to fix it. Joke or not,  quality wise it's not good enough as it stands for a release. If they were just to put the laser disk master on DVD there would be no point at all.

It's totally understandable that you like Japan as it was the first BA concert you saw, watched a lot etc. That's why I love Barcelona, even though I know it's a hot mess.  I don't know which shows it was, maybe Osaka, but there was footage on the news at the time, with the curtains down and the full costumes, no rain etc. It's just one of those things that the night they chose (probably long in advance) was so windy. I don't hate it or anything, it just doesn't scream Blond Ambition to me, and it does put me in mind of a dress rehearsal vibe for all the reasons already discussed before.

It seems to be a thing with concerts that got a release on VHS and LD not making it to any other format. It's happened a LOT with many big-named artists. There's definitely a lot of red tape surrounding these old made for TV concerts where the rights are mired in issues, so they just stay in limbo until someone goes to the time and expense of finding out.

Thinking about it, if they were just gonna lift one of those shows and release it without any tinkering, then I'd choose Barcelona so we finally have a clean, digitally sourced version rather than the VHS rips we've had all these years.

Her energy on the Nice Concert is just perfect. 

On 5/1/2018 at 4:28 AM, Bat-Fan said:

As for Japan, more of a personal question, besides the wind ruining part of the lighting by not diffusing properly, do you see the japan show as less of a show because of the windy ponytail, the wind effect on her outfits and the dangling candle piece in PDP. I personally thing weather is always as risk at outside taping and I dont see the wind as a reason its a bad show. I have to admit, I grew up watching tha japan show, it tought me all the Vogue moves and I know every frame of it, some better angles than Nice I may add, some not. But it is my nostalgia and i just get annoyed when people talk about it as a mistake, it is a wonderful very entertaining show that made me a fan.

Don't forget even Nikki didn't bother to leave the backstage catering area in time for Like a Prayer during the concert and only made it to the stage halfway through the song.

18 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Don't forget even Nikki didn't bother to leave the backstage catering area in time for Like a Prayer during the concert and only made it to the stage halfway through the song.

She was badly injuried during her jump in express yourself and they were fixing up her leg. You can see her agonising face in EY and CAC.

SLIGHTLY OT : 

I need a poster of this in my life 

01-dua-lipa.jpg

Nice. 

I love the Barcelona one because it's a mess and wonderful and direct and she's angry and very 1990 Madonna. But when I watched for the first time the Nice one I was amazed at how professional is and great. 

I vote Nice too. 

But In all honesty and after decades of waiting and debating they should release a Blond Ambition Extravaganza with simply ALL the material and all the footage there is. Maybe as a package to download or whatever format is most convenient now. Create a streaming platform for it. Let people pay for access, maybe the price of a Blue Ray or something. Everything is possible if we're realistic. 

On 12/31/2017 at 10:51 PM, Suedehead said:

I'll always be a Yokohama girl. #sorrynotsorry

Just release the f-ing BluRay already Guy Oseary!! 

Hello everyone. I was hoping somebody could help me. Where can I find the best quality download of Blond Ambition Nice show. There are several downloads floating around but all are pretty bad, pixellated and with very faded picture.  

Edited by BLCOAD

BAT FAN you crack me up :lol:

19 minutes ago, Kim said:

BAT FAN you crack me up :lol:

I live to crack 😉

I wanted to add something, the reason she doesnt want to release Blond Ambition may largely be due to the fact that she is afraid. She is scared she would be seen as a "has been" but she is totally wrong. She sees Truth or Dare as the official release and final documentation of the tour no matter fow many fans beg her on instagram or anywere else to release the whole thing (no it is most certainly not just me that is obsessed about this tour. 😉) and please, I know about the laser discs, how many people own a player? ☺ Madonna wants to focus on the future and not live in the past and I get that but releasing one of the most famous tours in history of pop music would not be seen as being a has been but a celebration of her music and celebration of her life as the iconic figure that she still is.

11 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

I wanted to add something, the reason she doesnt want to release Blond Ambition may largely be due to the fact that she is afraid. She is scared she would be seen as a "has been" but she is totally wrong. She sees Truth or Dare as the official release and final documentation of the tour no matter fow many fans beg her on instagram or anywere else to release the whole thing (no it is most certainly not just me that is obsessed about this tour. 😉) and please, I know about the laser discs, how many people own a player? ☺ Madonna wants to focus on the future and not live in the past and I get that but releasing one of the most famous tours in history of pop music would not be seen as being a has been but a celebration of her music and celebration of her life as the iconic figure that she still is.

Naw.

Madonna's whole 80s, 90s and even 00s catalogue and legacy, be it albums, singles  videos or concert tours, is being left to effectively rot. Precisely why that is, we don't really know. Blond Ambition is just another neglected part of the whole package.

I don't think it has anything to do with vanity or fear, not for one minute. More than likely it's financial and contractual, and while there's still easy money to be made on current endeavours, stuff from the past just doesn't take precedence.

Again, this is largely  down to bad management and an innate misunderstanding of Madonna as an artist and her relationship with her long-term fans.

im here for paris but since it wasn't filmed (?) then

which one did she have frizzy hair? lol not that one.

i guess nice cuz japans is too tamed.

The only way we will get a BAT release is when madonna is dead and guy R tells Rocco to start cashing in on his mothers legacy. 

Since the whole Paris show wasn't filmed (according to Alek at least) Nice is the way to go, even if the idea of the ending with al the crew ruining the end of Keep It Together is horrible. 

Alek wants to do a fucking remaster of the Nice show but we know SHE DOESN'T CARE. 

I guess in the future some random fan  will know how to restore all tapes and will leak the whole concert for free and we will watch it comfortably at home. The times of releasing tours in BluRay is soon to be gone. BluRay/DVD/CD and all that is to be finished by streaming.