Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Suedehead

If we were to ever get a BAT official release which concert would you want?

Recommended Posts

I'll always be a Yokohama girl. #sorrynotsorry

 

 

Just release the f-ing BluRay already Guy Oseary!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yokohama feels incomplete; no red curtains for LAV or Sooner or Later; plus the pink corset it's not that flattering. Nice all the way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Definitely the one from Paris recorded for Truth or Dare. Amazing angles and much better quality.

Don't forget that they don't have the rights to release the Nice and Yokohama shows.

Edited by tamarcixa
Grammatical corrections

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tamarcixa said:

Don't forget that they don't have the rights to release the Nice and Yokohama shows.

As far as i recall reading, Pioneer owned the rights for 20 years, so that shouldn't be an issue now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gus said:

As far as i recall reading, Pioneer owned the rights for 20 years, so that shouldn't be an issue now.

Thanks, I didn't know anything about that 20 years thing. Then that's the usual Madonna'(s management) issue.

BTW, I'm still waiting for the Paris concert... or the Yokohama one, if the first isn't an option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NICE. Yokohomo is shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

:dead:

 

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yokohama. Nice is silly with all the neon colored lighting. I like the darker, less all over-the-place Japan show, and vocals are much better but of course both are great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barcelona 

 

just for the hair and huskiness and the t shirt man 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barcelona;

It was my introduction to Madonna in concert back in 1990 when it was simulcast on MTV in Australia. The broadcast was such a ratings success that it was aired again several months later. Good thing because i wore out the original tape in just a couple of months so my Dad recorded it again for me. I think ive told this story a million times but my mum initially protested against my Dad recording it for my sisters and I. I still vividly recall her saying "but what about when she puts her hands between her legs?" No doubt a reference to the visit the police paid to her in Toronto earlier that year. The controversy must have found its way down to Australia in some shape or form. Dad wasnt too fussed, i recall him saying something along the lines of it will go over our young little heads. The concert was heavily edited for Australian audiences. All the swearing was taken out as was most of Madonna's banter with the audience. The part in Express Yourself where she humps Slam was also taken out and replaced with a crowd shot and NIFY was taken out altogether. Her vocals were very strong for this particular show and she looked absolutely beautiful once the sweat and heat had flattened out her bouffant hairstyle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love all three shows so much I can't even begin 

UGh 

 

Yokohama had best vocals 

Nice had best energy

Barcelona is just rad crazy out of this world 

So yeah 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a theory, Guy and Madonna showed some interest in releasing bat on DVD and I believe they really did, but why didnt it happen? Severel ideas. Maybe the paris footage is really lost and she thought ok, we can released Japan or Nice but here comes a problem. I am sure she watched the Nice show and and had big issues with her vocals, she probably though, hell no, I am not releasing that. I know we fans dont mind her vocals on the nice show and many even like those raw vocals and dont mind that she is off tune BUT I am sure she does care, she knows fans have waited forever for it so in the end she probably thought it wasnt good enough, another possibility for her would be to release the Japan show were she sounds and looks really good, and if vanity is still playing a part I believe she would rather release a show like the Japan concert were she looks and sounds good and the "speaches" are more generic and less personal, at the expense of some missing curtains and "flying in the wind" props. But here is the other problem, probably she hasnt got the right to release the japan show as it was probably a japan-only release. So that is probably what happened. What do you think? It is interesting to discuss which show WE would rather like, but more interesing question is, which of those 2 would SHE rather release? Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Japan is nice on its own. But when you watch Nice or barcelone it feels very incomplete, scenery and musicwise.

I guess both suffer from bad quality though if you compare to the releases that existis nowadays

i wish she had a filmed on film like Queen did 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paris would be great, I'd settle for Yokohama.

Let's get real though, they don't care.

Hold on to your bootlegs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Japan all the way for her hair alone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bitch and Freddie should hve recorded Wembley stadium 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well put me on their frequency and 

you know 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should just release a box set with all three.

 

Madonna:

The ponytail, the curls and the clown hair

Limited edition box set featuring three different shows from the legendary Blond Ambition World Tour.

Available on DVD, standard definition Blu-ray and digital download.

Out on Christmas 2078.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/01/2018 at 7:20 PM, Bat-Fan said:

I have a theory, Guy and Madonna showed some interest in releasing bat on DVD and I believe they really did, but why didnt it happen? Severel ideas. Maybe the paris footage is really lost and she thought ok, we can released Japan or Nice but here comes a problem. I am sure she watched the Nice show and and had big issues with her vocals, she probably though, hell no, I am not releasing that. I know we fans dont mind her vocals on the nice show and many even like those raw vocals and dont mind that she is off tune BUT I am sure she does care, she knows fans have waited forever for it so in the end she probably thought it wasnt good enough, another possibility for her would be to release the Japan show were she sounds and looks really good, and if vanity is still playing a part I believe she would rather release a show like the Japan concert were she looks and sounds good and the "speaches" are more generic and less personal, at the expense of some missing curtains and "flying in the wind" props. But here is the other problem, probably she hasnt got the right to release the japan show as it was probably a japan-only release. So that is probably what happened. What do you think? It is interesting to discuss which show WE would rather like, but more interesing question is, which of those 2 would SHE rather release? Thoughts?

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PARIS show,

is the holy grail of M's shows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Crom said:

PARIS show,

is the holy grail of M's shows

We found out last year that they never filmed the full show, so I guess we need to put that one to rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kim said:

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

No to what? That she hates her voice in the Nice show? Well, you know by now I highly respect your opinion, as much as I may annoy you sometimes ☺ tell me please, which show do you believe she would rather like today? And this discussion is just for fun, I dont really believe she is releasing either one. I am just very curious too know which one, well, she hates more ☺☺☺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×