MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mafalda

HUNG UP at Live Earth

I think this is the best performance she ever gave of the song

I think she was on fire that night, even Hey Poo was great! 

Fucking amazing. :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

So good and it feels like just yesterday! 

When this aired, I was at my parents house watching with my mom and dad and my dad said she looked good. 

loved the singing dancing etc, but I was disappointed by the look... although it was much more appropriate for that type of the show than the usual leotard, I understand that

14 minutes ago, spotlight said:

When this aired, I was at my parents house watching with my mom and dad and my dad said she looked good. 

That’s nice from your dad ❤️ 

In dad stories, I was telling my dad that Madonna moved to Portugal and that I really admired her stamina and her desire to go out at night and explore the artistic life of the country, he replied to me, well that how genius work, she’s constantly absorbing and learning and feeding herself... I couldn’t have been more proud of M and proud of dad because he understood. 

Just now, Pedro said:

That’s nice from your dad ❤️ 

In dad stories, I was telling my dad that Madonna moved to Portugal and that I really admired her stamina and her desire to go out at night and explore the artistic life of the country, he replied to me, well that how genius work, she’s constantly absorbing and learning and feeding herself... I couldn’t have been more proud of M and proud of dad that because he understood. 

Your dad seems smart. Is your dad a Madonna fan? My dad thought she was the antichrist in 1989:chuckle::chuckle: he’s come a long way. 

49 minutes ago, spotlight said:

Your dad seems smart. Is your dad a Madonna fan? My dad thought she was the antichrist in 1989:chuckle::chuckle: he’s come a long way. 

:chuckle::chuckle: 

My dad always wants to take credit as the one who introduced me to Madonna because he bought this VHS in 1984, so sometimes I let him be proud for it and sometimes not depending on how the discussion is going... he’s more a fan of her overall performance as whole complete artist and her work ethic, than her music in particular. 

8CADAD3E-C4C0-4B80-A06B-24045F6DE518.jpeg

48 minutes ago, functions_X said:

loved the singing dancing etc, but I was disappointed by the look... although it was much more appropriate for that type of the show than the usual leotard, I understand that

Madness! Her looks that night were KILLER!! From the dress with the hat right the way to the leotard... omg she was on point! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

7A20EA60-16A1-4E74-B07F-9E2BBD9FDCAB.gif

21 minutes ago, Toni said:

Madness! Her looks that night were KILLER!! From the dress with the hat right the way to the leotard... omg she was on point! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

7A20EA60-16A1-4E74-B07F-9E2BBD9FDCAB.gif

I prefer the classic Hung Up look from your signature, but I understand Live Earth was a different kind of an event

The whole performance was amazing.  She killed it.

No, EMA's Opening! was better.

I am with @dollhouse haha ... Nothing takes that magical feeling from EMA's first viewing. Madonna was glowing. vocals sometimes raw, but I take that performance as one of her most joyous. that said:: it does NOT take away that Live Earth was so much fun as a whole. I think Hung Up benefitted (for me) in joy due to the surprise version of La Isla Bonita. Her set kicked up a notch. FUN FUN FUN suprise and worked so well. Then to end with a great party anthem like Hung Up after that is just audio ecstasy. I *think* LE set would have been more joyous if she wasn't wearing black. Not a particular fan of the overall look ... but that's just details here :D  

19 hours ago, Pedro said:

I think she was on fire that night, even Hey Poo was great! 

Hey Poo :lmao:

12 hours ago, Like2Watch said:

Only Madonna. Love that dancer Cloud as well.

Just look at his face when Madonna couldn't reach the mic thinking it would be near her right hand. 

25 years into her career and the world waited for her to crown the entire event with her performance. 

9 hours ago, dollhouse said:

No, EMA's Opening! was better.

totally, the energy was much stronger and the crown went ballistic.... the crowd shots from Live Earth don't really show that much enthusiasm

can someone explain to me why she wore all black? was it a dress code? i look up other artists and it is multiple colours. a complete mess if you ask me. LIVE AID/8 at least had a consistent theme

Maybe she was mourning the death of Earth. 😅

That outfit, though. 😩

I quite like the outfit, its sexy but not reveling

On 12/29/2017 at 7:07 PM, functions_X said:

It was just the hair and spider eyelashes. :sneaky:

Just really like how the segway from LIB to hung up❗️