MadonnaNation.com Forums
karbatal

Is there any successful female pop singer nowadays???

4 hours ago, Mmmmm said:

And then record companies will drop them. But how do record companies make money out of the Selena’s and Demi’s of the pop world? Pop videos and recording studio time/producers is not cheap.

I suppose video views on YouTube with revenue coming from advertising. Also touring. Ariana earned nearly the same as Gunt last year and I think SG made around $30 million too. 

27 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I suppose video views on YouTube with revenue coming from advertising. Also touring. Ariana earned nearly the same as Gunt last year and I think SG made around $30 million too. 

Well enjoy while it lasts girls. I see Ariana venturing out, Selena will be just a instagram celebrity. 

14 hours ago, Mmmmm said:

And then record companies will drop them. But how do record companies make money out of the Selena’s and Demi’s of the pop world? Pop videos and recording studio time/producers is not cheap.

I would guess and this is only a thought, is that when the business model changed from selling records to selling concert tickets and other branding efforts as advertising, promotion, (not basically the album business that generated millions and millions of dollars), it's much cheaper to invest in an already familiar product (insert pop tart name here) and get some return of investment than developing a new product by scratch. When it was the old recording deal, stars where "disposable" as the next radio hit could be sung by the next beautiful fresh face, we tend to remember the long lasting true stars like Madonna, Celine, Whitney, etc, but there are thousands of forgotten voices/faces that didn't had a chance then or wouldn't have a chance now. 

Yes for these new artists is all about selling makeup and acne treatments

How sad the music industry has become into. 

7 hours ago, Pedro said:

I would guess and this is only a thought, is that when the business model changed from selling records to selling concert tickets and other branding efforts as advertising, promotion, (not basically the album business that generated millions and millions of dollars), it's much cheaper to invest in an already familiar product (insert pop tart name here) and get some return of investment than developing a new product by scratch. When it was the old recording deal, stars where "disposable" as the next radio hit could be sung by the next beautiful fresh face, we tend to remember the long lasting true stars like Madonna, Celine, Whitney, etc, but there are thousands of forgotten voices/faces that didn't had a chance then or wouldn't have a chance now. 

But there are loads of new artists constantly coming out, like there always has been. So the investment is there but the problem is, it's just an endless parade of soulless stage school kids who get one or two hits but then fizzle away as there's nothing of substance artistically apart from maybe having a decent voice.

14 hours ago, jonski43 said:

But there are loads of new artists constantly coming out, like there always has been. So the investment is there but the problem is, it's just an endless parade of soulless stage school kids who get one or two hits but then fizzle away as there's nothing of substance artistically apart from maybe having a decent voice.

Yeah absolutely, my point was that in the past little to no money would be spent on the likes of Gaga and similars at this stage of their carrier and all would be allocated on finding and promoting the "new Madonna" vs today situation where not very successful but already recognizable singers would still be promoted. 

7 hours ago, Pedro said:

Yeah absolutely, my point was that in the past little to no money would be spent on the likes of Gaga and similars at this stage of their carrier and all would be allocated on finding and promoting the "new Madonna" vs today situation where not very successful but already recognizable singers would still be promoted. 

Like I've said before, back in the 90s "Joanne" would've been a Japan only release. Cyndi got there. Tiffany got there. Debbie got there... And so on, once the hits dried.

3 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

Like I've said before, back in the 90s "Joanne" would've been a Japan only release. Cyndi got there. Tiffany got there. Debbie got there... And so on, once the hits dried.

:yes: