MadonnaNation.com Forums
karbatal

Is there any successful female pop singer nowadays???

9 hours ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Even Taylor Swift is underperforming in the US and flopping in the rest of the world. Adele hasn't flopped.....yet.:chuckle:

Nah..she flopped. Nuttin but the frontloaded shit we've seen 100s of x from endless divas/ singers  (aka the beginning of the decline). Garbage songs, most DOA by the radio and GP,  and uneventful in every way except for a hot minute 1/2 maybe w/ the video for that atrocity of a first single. Even that is basically forgotten and flushed. No 'real' hit singles. Seperate but equal to Katy 'cause the expectations/hype were mammoth for Taylor. AWFUL, awful year for all the big name divas and female singers in general where there's 'some' kind of expectation to show up strong. Even all the Beyonce duets have been crap esp the one with Eminem (who also pooped out a shiate album lol) Demi, Selena etc...are N/A. 

Maybe younger generations aren't into music that much?  I mean,  the world has changed dramatically in terms of entertainment: YouTube is so big right now among kids. They don't need to express themselves or feel part of a tribe through music.  

Maybe that's why big names are there,  like Ariana,  but sales are not that big as expected?  

Music got incredibly popular once teenagers were created by capitalism in the late 50s. Prior to that people were adult at 18 and that was all.  Afterwards youth became a powerful consumer group and music stars appeared with Elvis,  Chuck Berry and then the 60s, 70s... 

Now it's COMPLETELY different. 

I miss the 00's. Music was the first album I ever bought. I miss that immersive feeling of listening to a great album from start to finish over and over again. People no longer take the time or make an effort to create a full body of work that's compelling and stands the test of time. Nowadays the public listens to a 30 second preview of a single on iTunes and that's all it takes for them. It's become so...REDUCTIVE

15 hours ago, UnapologeticRebel said:

Yes, that's true - but we still had superstars despite that.  The industry just doesn't work the same way anymore.  I really don't know if it's even possible for an up and coming artist to have a  career like Madonna even if they are talented - I'm not so sure anyones career could even remotely resemble some of the icons that we had in the past (and those who are still present today) because the world we live in and the way we get our entertainment is completely different.  I definitely need new music and something exciting to happen in the pop scene.  

You're right that superstars seem to be lacking these days. Is it really that audience's are fickle or is it the quality/caliber of the artists today? And if it's the latter, why haven't they been able to make good music over the long term? Even Beyonce, who's lasted about as long as anyone else today but whose last three albums failed to produce a bona fide smash single, is currently where M was when she released ROL. Even if you count her DC days, Beyonce is where M was in 2003, which was the year of her first real flop. So I'm agreeing with you, just wondering if it's really the public that's the problem.

12 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Nah..she flopped. Nuttin but the frontloaded shit we've seen 100s of x from endless divas/ singers  (aka the beginning of the decline). Garbage songs, most DOA by the radio and GP,  and uneventful in every way except for a hot minute 1/2 maybe w/ the video for that atrocity of a first single. Even that is basically forgotten and flushed. No 'real' hit singles. Seperate but equal to Katy 'cause the expectations/hype were mammoth for Taylor. AWFUL, awful year for all the big name divas and female singers in general where there's 'some' kind of expectation to show up strong. Even all the Beyonce duets have been crap esp the one with Eminem (who also pooped out a shiate album lol) Demi, Selena etc...are N/A. 

Are you referring to Adele here?

1 hour ago, vocalism said:

You're right that superstars seem to be lacking these days. Is it really that audience's are fickle or is it the quality/caliber of the artists today? And if it's the latter, why haven't they been able to make good music over the long term? Even Beyonce, who's lasted about as long as anyone else today but whose last three albums failed to produce a bona fide smash single, is currently where M was when she released ROL. Even if you count her DC days, Beyonce is where M was in 2003, which was the year of her first real flop. So I'm agreeing with you, just wondering if it's really the public that's the problem.

I know ony 1-2 Beyonce "hits": Grazy Love and single Ladies.

13 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Point taken, but I think even the GP know more than those two. Off the top of my head: Halo, Baby Boy, Irreplaceable, Run the World, Drunk in Love, Formation. Granted those last two are just because of memes, which was my point - her last big hit was almost a decade ago.

20 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Absolutely. Never understood how Beyonce is compared to Madonna. Yes, both dance on stage (M miles better), but come on: M has countless KNOWN hits and Yonce: exactly 2. I m really not interested in any of the new female singers. I was interested for a second in 3-4 Rihanna songs, but thats pretty much it. I still believe Riri is as close as this (or the previous) generation could come to Madonna and its still nothing... In reality I so hope Madge is writing with Leonard her next big album that would smash like ROL and COADF... She is the only hope still...

17 minutes ago, vocalism said:

Point taken, but I think even the GP know more than those two. Off the top of my head: Halo, Baby Boy, Irreplaceable, Run the World, Drunk in Love, Formation. Granted those last two are just because of memes, which was my point - her last big hit was almost a decade ago.

They do? Great.

Were those big worldwide hits or just local?

31 minutes ago, vocalism said:

IMO, the strikethrough ones aren't know by the GP. You forgot to name If I Were A Boy, that's a popular one.

12 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

They do? Great.

Were those big worldwide hits or just local?

No clue. Try Wikipedia or the Beyonce thread.

2 minutes ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

IMO, the strikethrough ones aren't know by the GP. You forgot to name If I Were A Boy, that's a popular one.

Oh yeah. According to Wiki, that was a big worldwide hit. Same for "Beautiful Liar," which might be her biggest worldwide hit but I couldn't even hum if I had a gun to my head. 

1 hour ago, dollhouse said:

You  mean you don’t know even know formation and sorry.😫😫lol

If I Were a Boy and Halo were VERY VERY BIG HITS. I don't like Yolanda but she has like 5 very big hits. 

You could expect more from her, of course, being like 200 years in business with like 25 albums, you know...

Oh, by the way, it seems that SHAKIRA really had a great year with that latin album she released. My best friend told me today that the album was a megahit and her best selling album in all her career. I had zero idea :rotfl:It reminds me to when I discovered that La Bicicleta was one of her biggest hits and a real hit in Spain and I never had listened to it, hahahaha. 

3 hours ago, vocalism said:

Are you referring to Adele here?

Adele? lol. Huh. Didn't you read the rest of the thread. Take another guess. 

2 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Basically those are the only ones wortha shit. Okay..maybe Irreplaceable too. Baby Boy while 'known' is rarely heard, remembered or impactful. Rarely played on radio anymore. super throwaway early 2000s like My Love by Justin Timberalake. All huge for the moment but disposable and dated now. 

I think the internet killed pop(ular) music as we know it. All those weirdos back in the day that allowed artists like Bjork, Hole,  Alanis Morisette (who was signed by Madonna :inlove: ), Portishead, etc., etc. to become famous because there was a market for that, have just been replaced by Spotify and Youtube. 

If someone feels like an outcast today or simply want to hear something different they can just hear whatever they want in the privacy of their own home at the click of a button. The industry has absolutely nobody to challenge their god awful taste in music, so when you turn on the Grammy's it's literally just shit artist after shit artist that pander to regular boring people while everyone else just does / watches something else. 

Also, one last thing, I always find myself thinking of the past and thinking, wow, music used to be so much better. But honestly, look at any list of the most successful songs year by year and it's HORRIBLE shit like this: 

:lmao:

I think the only difference between then and now is that how I said in my post above, there was always a band or artist or someone in the mix of all the shit that represented the counterculture, which literally doesn't exist today, at least not on primetime. It's hidden somewhere on Youtube or Spotify.

1 hour ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Adele? lol. Huh. Didn't you read the rest of the thread. Take another guess. 

Yes, I've read it. Rebel Saviour mentioned both TS and Adele and you replied "Nah..she flopped." It was unclear who you were referring to since Adele's album was also front-loaded. 

I was hoping Adele would signal a shift away from all these pop tarts, like what happened in the 90s, but it seemed the opposite happened.  I think Katy deserved to flop, of course Gaga.

I do think Lemonade was actually very good, though a bit overrated. I heard somewhere she and Jay Z don't want her played on radio, to build up sales/streaming numbers?

I'd like to see how well Rhianna would do on her own, seems half her hits are features on someone else's tracks.

Seems though they are all "flopping", they still make a fortune. I'm trying to decide what disgusts me more, that Britney or Gaga will probably end up with a bigger fortune than Madonna.  Gaga probably will top top Madonna's tour grosses eventually if she stays in Vegas for 30 more years.

8 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

I was hoping Adele would signal a shift away from all these pop tarts, like what happened in the 90s, but it seemed the opposite happened.  I think Katy deserved to flop, of course Gaga.

I do think Lemonade was actually very good, though a bit overrated. I heard somewhere she and Jay Z don't want her played on radio, to build up sales/streaming numbers?

I'd like to see how well Rhianna would do on her own, seems half her hits are features on someone else's tracks.

Seems though they are all "flopping", they still make a fortune. I'm trying to decide what disgusts me more, that Britney or Gaga will probably end up with a bigger fortune than Madonna.  Gaga probably will top top Madonna's tour grosses eventually if she stays in Vegas for 30 more years.

sure-bey.jpg

It sounds so ridiculous but it almost makes sense.  Why else would radio not touch her for being such a huge superstar?

6 hours ago, vocalism said:

sure-bey.jpg

:lmao:

Beyonga doesn't want to be played in radio 

Taylor doesn't want to sell tickets too fast... 

Kylie wanted her last album to flop to get rid of RocNation 

What's next?????????? 

:lol: