MadonnaNation.com Forums
loowee

Bono: "Music is too girly!"

42 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Women in music used to be edgy, unapologetic, trendsetters, empowering. 

Over the last decade or two it’s all been mass produced sex, sex, sex, sex, ft. Your cookie cutter rapper instead of a proper bridge. Then you have Adele who’s universally loved and praised by the masses and industry, and it’s all “waaaaaaaaaaaaaa he broke up with me and therefore I cannot be happy cuz all a girl needs is a man to be happy.” 

And hip hop is a sad caricature of what it used to be. 

👍

But pop princesses have been there long before and they have been fluflly and nice and camp. I think they're necessary. For the laughs and pure fun. 

Of course I miss harder chicks too, especially people who are able to send a message, to portrait a certain atittude that is positive for the kids. It is true that those days are really gone! 

18 minutes ago, karbatal said:

But pop princesses have been there long before and they have been fluflly and nice and camp. I think they're necessary. For the laughs and pure fun. 

Of course I miss harder chicks too, especially people who are able to send a message, to portrait a certain atittude that is positive for the kids. It is true that those days are really gone! 

Yes, I agree. But there's literally nobody out there right now to balance that out. Female or male. 

Bono talks the talk, exposing his sexist ideology thx to the wrong wording.

How many artists here walk the walk?

:newspaper:

52 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Yes, I agree. But there's literally nobody out there right now to balance that out. Female or male. 

Well, maybe it's time for the older generations to step in and scream and point their fingers. 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Well, maybe it's time for the older generations to step in and scream and point their fingers. 

Besides Madonna, they're all basically dead or don't care anymore (i.e., Courtney Love)! :cries:

Well she's a bit criticised here but Tori Amos really makes very good political songs. She's not mainstream anymore though. 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Well she's a bit criticised here but Tori Amos really makes very good political songs. She's not mainstream anymore though. 

Exactly! Imagine a new Tori Amos trying to make it big today. She'd never make it.

Don’t think Bono’s comment was offensive or such a big deal. 

Ok I don’t really listen to hip-hop but to insinuate that it’s a negative kind of music for young men to listen to is so racist. Hip-hop has several different styles and not all of it is about anger! Jesus! 

Pink tried it with WAU. It's not as popular as Katy's CTTR though.

His song last night was political, but it wasn't very good.

Is Guy still their manager...does anyone know how it’s workin out for them?

Guy is still their manager. I’d say they’re doing fine for a band that’s been in the business for 40 years.