MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Genevieve Vavance

What about: Vanessa Paradis???

What a REVOLUTION that album with Be My Baby omg!!!!!!  She was on fire!  So beautiful and with so much allure!!!!!  

I don't know why but I was even more obsessed with the second single.  Afterwards she was barely promoted in Spain so I lost her!  

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I love that song!!!

one of my earliest MTV childhood memories lol

1 hour ago, horn said:

Who the hell is she?

Johnny Depp's ex wife. She was probably the only woman he dated who wasn't treated like garbage

1 hour ago, Marco said:

Johnny Depp's ex wife. She was probably the only woman he dated who wasn't treated like garbage

She was more famous than Depp in Europe when they started dating. At least I felt so.  

Was Vanessa dating Lenny Kravitz when he wrote her Be My Baby?  By the way,  it's incredible how big were Kravitz songs in the 90s!

17 minutes ago, karbatal said:

She was more famous than Depp in Europe when they started dating. At least I felt so.  

Was Vanessa dating Lenny Kravitz when he wrote her Be My Baby?  By the way,  it's incredible how big were Kravitz songs in the 90s!

In Europe? Absolutely. Depp was huge in America thanks to those Tim Burton movies he starred in but he only became an international star with the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. At the time he was married to Vanessa and they share a daughter in common, so many people became more interested in him seeing as he was no longer seen as a playboy who dated women with a problematic image. Although to be fair, Winona Ryder and Kate Moss are both great at what they do despite their personal issues and too gorgeous for such a chauvinistic scum

Pretty much a one hit wonder with Joe le taxi in the UK and Depp was much better known. There was another hit, be my baby' but that's pretty much forgotten. I must check out sooner other sings though!

@Genevieve Vavance love this thread. Vanessa was more talented than so many of the girls today. Sunday Mondays is so different, quirky and catchy. Always loved that song. 

Oh yes, I like her a lot. And I knew her way before I knew who Johnny Depp was. 

every pretty girl copied her style in the early 90s

Aiheeseen liittyvä kuva

One of my favorite french singer. And such a great actress too. 

The album she made with Gainsbourg is a materpiece. And her last french album are all very good. I really love her, ❤️

I was obsessed with “Tandem” video back then, directed by Mondino btw.

Vanessa has been a star in France since she was 14 YO with her single Joe le taxi, followed by many other hit singles her (Marilyn & John, Maxon, Tandem, Be my baby etc). She won an award for best role in the movie drama 'noce blanche' in 1990. She played with Gerard Depardieu in 1994 in the hit movie 'Elisa', with Jeanne Moreau in 'Un amour de sorcière'. She both succeeded in music and movie.

She's also 'égérie' for Chanel. A real French star I adore.

My local radio DJ declared that her Be My Baby album was better and more interesting than Madonnas Erotica.

Sign in to follow this