MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Katy Perry thread: soldiering on despite floppage of Witness era

Omg 

Demises are SO FAST these days!  

But her tour is doing well,  isn't it?  I guess charts really got irrelevant! 

It appears that the chorus of Katy Perry's "Bigger Than Me" from 2017 is very similar to Polish singer Ania Wyszkoni's "Lampa i sofa" from 2009 :nocomment:

is that Christina Aguelera on that background pic ?

Wow this thread is on fire!  

:lol:

Even Kilo Mango is more active here with zero music out there 

On 12/24/2017 at 6:08 AM, karbatal said:

it is doing ok business in the US but not really that great - most shows are at 75-90% capacity whereas i think the last tour was mostly sellouts or very close to sellouts

But unlike other pop bitches we don’t need to mention, she isn’t trying to pretend all her shows are sold out and she isn’t cancelling shows either. She is,p just doing her thing and seems to be enjoying the tour.

I guess this is her Erotica era except it’s with 100000 more floppage 

Comparing Erotica to an album filled with garbage lyrics such as "Your words are like Chinese water torture" is insulting

6 hours ago, Marco said:

Comparing Erotica to an album filled with garbage lyrics such as "Your words are like Chinese water torture" is insulting

Thats not a good example Marco.

Do you ever say anything positive?

15 hours ago, swimtoshore said:

But unlike other pop bitches we don’t need to mention, she isn’t trying to pretend all her shows are sold out and she isn’t cancelling shows either. She is,p just doing her thing and seems to be enjoying the tour.

This.

And the show itself is an actual professional quality production compared to what some of these pop kids are putting out these days.

5 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

He said something positive in 1971, when he sang "War is Over" with his then husband John Lennon.  From then on Marco has been REALLY bitter,  especially when he performed in that art galley a couple of years ago.  

She has streaming/YouTube  on her side, other pop bitches should be worried if they haven’t got high streaming, Gags is one of them. 

Katy Perry is doing just fine. 

5 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

This.

And the show itself is an actual professional quality production compared to what some of these pop kids are putting out these days.

Yes exactly. 

13 hours ago, Marco said:

It wasn't a comparison and you know it. Lighten up :rolleyes:

Witness is a good, solid pop album. It's not a masterpiece but it doesn't deserve the mega backlash and floppage she is getting. And  yes we all know that the reason she is flopping is because she spoke out against the establishment. Good on her for sticking to her guns. 

Just now, Suedehead said:

Witness is a good, solid pop album. It's not a masterpiece but it doesn't deserve the mega backlash and floppage she is getting. And  yes we all know that the reason she is flopping is because she spoke out against the establishment. Good on her for sticking to her guns. 

is she having a mega backlash? I just think people are simply ignoring it! although then you see her youtube views and...it´s not a flop at all.maybe her public is not into buying anymore...(teenagers that prefer to spend the money in alcohol or other things rather than buying an album?)

although, all her videos have been very bright, colourful...but with a weird touch on them.I don´t know if that´s the best way of selling something, but I don´t really feel the the establishment is against her.she is one trick pony and can´t be the last big thing all the time.

On 12/23/2017 at 2:08 PM, karbatal said:

Miami was packed. Never been a katy fan really but she hooked me with this album and the show was pretty awesome. 

6 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

This.

It is! Loved all the madonna influences. Katy had done her homework. 

1 hour ago, Suedehead said:

Her American Life! 

11 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

Check the Janet and Kylie threads and then come back here to tell me if I'm so negative after all :wacko:

4 hours ago, Suedehead said:

I was just teasing you lol. Her tour looks visually impressive and entertaining and it's a good thing she isn't denying it underperformed. Roulette should've been the 4th single over Hey, Hey, Hey

I know NOTHING about charts and what's cool with the "kidz" these days, but how in the world was her last era a flop? I heard that Swish Swish song EVERYWHERE, and the one where they eat her alive, and the other one that goes TURN IT UP DANCE DANCE DANCE. 

I could only wish Madonna's flops were that massive. 

As a Kittycat fan, here's my take on my Princess' flop page:

1. It was inevitable. OOTB + TD + PRISM. Good run. People are bound to get bored especially with today's short attention span.

2. Album is no masterpiece but it is good. I feel this one is a transition, not really new territory yet.

3. She should've owned her sound + image change fully instead of being wishy-washy about it. Chained To The Rhythm was great. But then I felt she (or her record company) got scared hence the release of Bon Appetit which might've confused the casuals.

Wish my Princess would drop the colorful imagery and poppy sound for the next project and do something like this again:

or even the sound of the original. 

AnyO03m.gif

Swish Swish became a meme which is basically the same as being an actual hit these days.

1 hour ago, Barbie said:

AnyO03m.gif

Oh.

Oh

ive been asked to go see her concert this year 

I quite like some of her stuff.