MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Katy Perry thread: soldiering on despite floppage of Witness era

A Madonna Facebook page posted this yesterday

26733919_1636234369796361_44789626953682

21 hours ago, mafalda said:

A Madonna Facebook page posted this yesterday

26733919_1636234369796361_44789626953682

So many parts of the media are actively putting Katy down in comparison to all of the current female singers.  Has been happening since before her album was even released. 

1 hour ago, Flip The Switch said:

Crustina has new lips I see. 

:sneaky:

Was she eating out a bee's asshole and got stung? So puffy. 

So Perry's over yet Lady Basique, whose career has been on life support since 2012, isn't? What's wrong with the media these days!

http://amp.tmz.com/2018/01/18/katy-perry-american-idol-judge-late-taping-luke-bryan-lionel-richie

Katy Perry is having some serious issues making it to the "American Idol" judge's table on time. 

Production sources tell us Katy's almost always late to the audition rounds, showing up 10-25 minutes after call time. While it's been frustrating for show producers, we're told the other judges -- Luke Bryan and Lionel Richie -- haven't been all that upset.

There's a bigger issue that looms. We're told the judges are all solid and their chemistry is good. Problem is ... there's no comedic tension a la Paula/Simon or Blake/Adam on "The Voice." Katy is really fun, Lionel has a strong point of view and Luke's pure country. But they're not at each other's throats, either in a serious or funny way, and some honchos are worried that's the kind of heat that makes a show a hit.

As one source said, the editing of the auditions is everything. It could make or break the reboot.

57 minutes ago, Icykiller said:

So Perry's over yet Lady Basique, whose career has been on life support since 2012, isn't? What's wrong with the media these days!

Nobody cares about Lady Whatshername and hasn't done since about 2014. A UK gossip site said they were stopping writing Gag articles during the ChartFlop era because people just weren't reading them! The press now only publishes paid for articles hence only positive press.

With Katy, people are still interested but the press love some drama so like to stir things up.

Katy is in a far healthier position than, Stef. 

22 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

http://amp.tmz.com/2018/01/18/katy-perry-american-idol-judge-late-taping-luke-bryan-lionel-richie

Katy Perry is having some serious issues making it to the "American Idol" judge's table on time. 

Production sources tell us Katy's almost always late to the audition rounds, showing up 10-25 minutes after call time. While it's been frustrating for show producers, we're told the other judges -- Luke Bryan and Lionel Richie -- haven't been all that upset.

There's a bigger issue that looms. We're told the judges are all solid and their chemistry is good. Problem is ... there's no comedic tension a la Paula/Simon or Blake/Adam on "The Voice." Katy is really fun, Lionel has a strong point of view and Luke's pure country. But they're not at each other's throats, either in a serious or funny way, and some honchos are worried that's the kind of heat that makes a show a hit.

As one source said, the editing of the auditions is everything. It could make or break the reboot.

Another reason why I hate these putrid karaoke singing contests that charade as a talent show. It is contrived with put on drama between celebrity judges. I wish Katy had said no to this gig as it is more for washed up stars or older stars such as Lionel who have plenty of time on their hands and just a job. 

http://mobi.perezhilton.com/2018-01-18-katy-perry-dom-sebastian-chained-to-the-rhythm-hot-chip-remix-single-artwork

On Wednesday, Dom Sebastian shared a post on Instagram saying the Santa Barbara-native flat out stole his 2012 artwork, and used it for the single cover of Chained To The Rhythm, the Hot Chip remix.

To make matters worse, Miz Perry is allegedly trying to profit off of Sebastian's piece by selling it as a $35 print.

The artist wrote:

"@katyperry has stolen my artwork (this piece is from 2012) and used it on her single cover - I was never contacted by her or anyone from her team or label @capitolrecords. What's more is that Katy has been selling my artwork as her own, as merchandise on her store, and through other outlets, as a $35 print. I'm shocked that @katyperry and @capitolrecords think it is acceptable to lift my work directly from my website and use it as they please without paying me or even contacting me. #exposed"

2 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

http://mobi.perezhilton.com/2018-01-18-katy-perry-dom-sebastian-chained-to-the-rhythm-hot-chip-remix-single-artwork

On Wednesday, Dom Sebastian shared a post on Instagram saying the Santa Barbara-native flat out stole his 2012 artwork, and used it for the single cover of Chained To The Rhythm, the Hot Chip remix.

To make matters worse, Miz Perry is allegedly trying to profit off of Sebastian's piece by selling it as a $35 print.

The artist wrote:

"@katyperry has stolen my artwork (this piece is from 2012) and used it on her single cover - I was never contacted by her or anyone from her team or label @capitolrecords. What's more is that Katy has been selling my artwork as her own, as merchandise on her store, and through other outlets, as a $35 print. I'm shocked that @katyperry and @capitolrecords think it is acceptable to lift my work directly from my website and use it as they please without paying me or even contacting me. #exposed"

Probably because they thought it was generic clip art. 

19 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Another reason why I hate these putrid karaoke singing contests that charade as a talent show. It is contrived with put on drama between celebrity judges. I wish Katy had said no to this gig as it is more for washed up stars or older stars such as Lionel who have plenty of time on their hands and just a job. 

I agree with you.

Don’t think she belongs on the dumb show. 

8 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

The artist wrote:

I may be wrong about this but I recall Madonna being in the same spot of bother last year with stuff she was posting online?.. the issue was an artist got his knickers in a twist about Madonna not paying him attention or money for using his artwork but, because Madonna, or whoever did the posts actually added their creation onto the original artists work which meant it was basically a stand alone piece. The original art piece was basically just a back drop so no credit needed... which, Katys artwork... well that persons artwork is just a backdrop.

or something like that :lol: long winded, sorry. 

9 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

The artist wrote:

The most shocking thing about this is somebody used Perez Hilton's site. Is no idea he's still going. 

I searched for gags too and all I could see were articles about Katy Perry and M doing Superbowl. And Oompah helping the scam this way Foundation.