MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Katy Perry thread: soldiering on despite floppage of Witness era

I refuse to live in a world where a woman’s hair length would determine her appreciation and success!!!

But well, there are so many things that are wrong, unfair and unjustifiable, that this is another one in the endless list of things that are unfair in our world... 

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

I refuse to live in a world where a woman’s hair length would determine her appreciation and success!!!

But well, there are so many things that are wrong, unfair and unjustifiable, that this is another one in the endless list of things that are unfair in our world... 

This is the POP PRINCESSES world where ugly people aren't allowed.  Let's get real for a moment. This is not the politics or human rights. Girls who sing pop are all pretty.  

13 minutes ago, karbatal said:

This is the POP PRINCESSES world where ugly people aren't allowed.  Let's get real for a moment. This is not the politics or human rights. Girls who sing pop are all pretty.  

😂😂😂 

I Know I know... 

But she’s extremely beautiful, short or long hair she’s a 10! 

9 minutes ago, Pedro said:

😂😂😂 

I Know I know... 

But she’s extremely beautiful, short or long hair she’s a 10! 

It is weird with Katy.  At first I commented with friends "she wants to be seem as a pretty girl who is ugly on porpoise, but in fact she's ugly!"  when she released those nerd videos.  Then I found her SO BEAUTIFUL during the Prism era.  Then ugly again with short blond hair.

Maybe she can only be pretty under certain looks??????? 

funny how Madonna was always most successful with short hair

QUEEN

29 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It is weird with Katy.  At first I commented with friends "she wants to be seem as a pretty girl who is ugly on porpoise, but in fact she's ugly!"  when she released those nerd videos.  Then I found her SO BEAUTIFUL during the Prism era.  Then ugly again with short blond hair.

Maybe she can only be pretty under certain looks??????? 

I get what you’re saying, I would say that for me long black hair suits her the best I think it was her Prism era too. 

7B628D6D-8031-4588-8EC2-4814A62EC7AA.jpeg

It's not that Katy can't look pretty with short or blond hair. I think she looks great here:

050515-katy-perry-lead.jpg

3CE993FD00000578-0-image-m-6_1486484372309.jpg

I just think the super-short blond isn't very flattering. It's too harsh for her features. 

The haircut was also NOT ORIGINAL, miley and scarlet were the first , a lot of people famous and not famous followed that trend and Katy was 3 years late

she looks great with long or short hair/ any color

she is pretty

She needs to CUT THE BULLSHIT & go back to black ASAP 👏🏽 

madonna1987.jpg

"Hells bells! What this here starlet Madonna has to do, is go back to lookin right purty again with her long lustrous locks and purty jewelery and with some flesh on them there bones like she used to! Now she looks like some sorta lesbean or sumpin! She ought to learn from the queen of music Miss Doris Day who back in 1957, was stormin' the charts lookin' right sweet and womanly and with some fantastic music for all the family. The music industry these days is sheeeit! "

- old male Doris Day fan in 1987 with no clue about music trends, hair.... or anything else.

I agree with @IsaacHarris that her problem is she's trying wayyy to hard. And even with the haircut it was a bit to much and never seemed genuine to me. Though I always admired how she hang in there with it for most of the 'era' and didn't run for wigs to damage control. Her latest video effort is so tired, I'm sorry but I'm so over the sugary overstyled colourful looks and pulling faces and looking odd in weird Maskerades and playing cute angry baby. Ugh... 

15 hours ago, loowee said:

No one is against pop girls doing re-inventions, but when you reinvent yourself to this:

Image result for katy perry blonde

then you know the era is DOA.

In all honesty, that's utterly ridiculous.

The haircut and overall look is subjective. I happen to think she looks nice with it...but even if I didn't, to completely dismiss her over a haircut is just fucking ridiculous. Especially considering plenty of these pop tarts have done FAR worse (certain names not even need mention). I mean, really, this is tame as hell. I see this look on plenty of girls over the past several years. As someone said above, I can see the criticism in that she came to the trend late, but that's it.

Shallow or not, the wrong hair style can in fact have an impact on one's career.

Remember how angry people were with Keri Russell when she cut her hair?! It was a huge scandal at the time 😮. Fans were outraged and ratings for "Felicity" plummeted.

Never underestimate the impact of hair.

As soon as Katy returns to long, black hair, her career will be on the up and up again.

It's all so stupid. Absolutely fucking stupid.

8 hours ago, spazz said:

she looks great with long or short hair/ any color

she is pretty

So are you 

I attribute it to the politics mostly, song quality makes no difference to radio if the people choosing the hits are politically and $$$$ influenced and we know they are and more so all the time, its the American way.

7 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

In all honesty, that's utterly ridiculous.

The haircut and overall look is subjective. I happen to think she looks nice with it...but even if I didn't, to completely dismiss her over a haircut is just fucking ridiculous. Especially considering plenty of these pop tarts have done FAR worse (certain names not even need mention). I mean, really, this is tame as hell. I see this look on plenty of girls over the past several years. As someone said above, I can see the criticism in that she came to the trend late, but that's it.

The pop industry IS that shallow. I've NEVER liked Katy before but she's won me over with CTTR & Bon Appetit and I actually adore her messy personality this era (even though it is getting tiring with the HHH video) But it's not hard to see how much damage her new look has done to her image. 90% of the comments are about her new hair and most people just hate it, period. Katy Perry's whole career is built on her cute looks and teenybopper catchy tunes, and she has ditched both, on top of that she pissed off her republican fanbase. Bon Appetit is a fantastic record but it's obviously an awful single choice. Some friends asked me to go Prismatic Tour and I declined. But with the Witness Tour there is no one who wants to go with me and the most common replies I got were "LOL no thanks she lost her mind. She looks like a SJW lesbo now."  The hair is not the sole reason for her decline but it surely is a major factor. 

11 hours ago, Kim said:

madonna1987.jpg

"Hells bells! What this here starlet Madonna has to do, is go back to lookin right purty again with her long lustrous locks and purty jewelery and with some flesh on them there bones like she used to! Now she looks like some sorta lesbean or sumpin! She ought to learn from the queen of music Miss Doris Day who back in 1957, was stormin' the charts lookin' right sweet and womanly and with some fantastic music for all the family. The music industry these days is sheeeit! "

- old male Doris Day fan in 1987 with no clue about music trends, hair.... or anything else.

:lmao:

And 100% agreed with the intent of this post  of course. As we all know in this day and age of social media with zero tolerance for irony or humour, I'm counting to teeennnn... and then.... this post will be ripped to SRHEDS! 

1 hour ago, loowee said:

But with the Witness Tour there is no one who wants to go with me and the most common replies I got were "LOL no thanks she lost her mind. She looks like a SJW lesbo now."  The hair is not the sole reason for her decline but it surely is a major factor. 

715keq.gif~c200

13 hours ago, Kim said:

madonna1987.jpg

:lmao:  Well played.

If only Katy was nowadays what Madonna was in 1986 :lmao:

Really, some people here take this person too seriously. This is a pop princess with a lot of hits produced by Max Martin and Dr. Luke. Please, let's not compare the wonderful change of image AND MUSIC STYLE of Madonna in 1986 with this absurd pop tart, ok? 

Madonna changed her image AND ROCKED IT. But more important, she released Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart, La Isla Bonita and True Blue with that new haircut and were not only global hits, but good songs. If Katy had released something that great instead of Bon Appetit or Swish Swish maybe her hair wouldn't be that important. 

And that picture :lol: Was there any picture more unflattering about Madonna from that era? Absurd. 

Let's remember the real Madonna and not that careful chosen pic from 1987 (not 1986). 

Resultado de imagen de madonna 1986

Whenever I've spoken to someone younger (around 20) about Witness they say they lost interest because she lost her mind.  What specifically did she do that is making people say this, other than cutting her hair?  Did I miss something?

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Whenever I've spoken to someone younger (around 20) about Witness they say they lost interest because she lost her mind.  What specifically did she do that is making people say this, other than cutting her hair?  Did I miss something?

Resultado de imagen de katy swish gif

Resultado de imagen de katy rappers gif

6 hours ago, GOD said:

So are you 

:angel: