MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Katy Perry thread: soldiering on despite floppage of Witness era

36 minutes ago, karbatal said:

If the song had been a hit nobody would have cared about those rappers. 

99% of excuses remind me to when Kylie flopped for the first time in the 00s and her fans blamed to a snow storm that stopped fans from going to the shops :lmao:

Katy flopped because for the first time she didn't deliver and as she changed her image and looked ridiculous in most of performances some media outlets and bored people went after her.  

But I'm sure that  she can release a good song,  she will be on top again with her next album.  

The knives were out for Katy before her album even dropped - fact.

Yes, everyone knows that her being one of the FEW contemporary voices to speak out about politics got her CRUCIFIED on social media and online forums and comment sections. I saw it myself. Her young fanbase was told it was extremely uncool to like Katy Perry. Nothing to do with her songs or image.

It baffles me that people still don't understand the power of social media and mob mentality.

As for flops, to take your kylie example (a TRUE flop) I just had to open her thread to see she has a new song supposedly coming out this month. I and the rest of the world have not heard anything about Kylie Minogue for years, except maybe something to do with her Xmas album years ago. She is a true flop.

Off the top of my head, in mainstream media I saw Katy Perry at Glasto, at that Manchester tribute, The Brits, youtube weekend, tour promotion, fashion shoots, and yes that *swish swish* stuff took off. All without looking. She was just *there*  When Katy starts doing stuff that NO-ONE knows about, she'll be a true flop. 

27 minutes ago, Kim said:

The knives were out for Katy before her album even dropped - fact.

Yes, everyone knows that her being one of the FEW contemporary voices to speak out about politics got her CRUCIFIED on social media and online forums and comment sections. I saw it myself. Her young fanbase was told it was extremely uncool to like Katy Perry. Nothing to do with her songs or image.

It baffles me that people still don't understand the power of social media and mob mentality.

As for flops, to take your kylie example (a TRUE flop) I just had to open her thread to see she has a new song supposedly coming out this month. I and the rest of the world have not heard anything about Kylie Minogue for years, except maybe something to do with her Xmas album years ago. She is a true flop.

Off the top of my head, in mainstream media I saw Katy Perry at Glasto, at that Manchester tribute, The Brits, youtube weekend, tour promotion, fashion shoots, and yes that *swish swish* stuff took off. All without looking. She was just *there*  When Katy starts doing stuff that NO-ONE knows about, she'll be a true flop. 

Are you really trying to convince me that Kylie is more of a flop than Katy?  :lol:

What's next, that the sky is blue?  

I know all that. 

About Katy,  no matter how many knives were there,  a big song and being fuckable is all these pop princesses need to triumph.  Has ANYBODY of them ever flopped with an obvious hit?  Never. 

Releasing weaker songs and changing your image so you like like a bad impersonation of Justin Beaver NEVER helps. 

16 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Are you really trying to convince me that Kylie is more of a flop than Katy?  :lol:

What's next, that the sky is blue?  

I know all that. 

About Katy,  no matter how many knives were there,  a big song and being fuckable is all these pop princesses need to triumph.  Has ANYBODY of them ever flopped with an obvious hit?  Never. 

Releasing weaker songs and changing your image so you like like a bad impersonation of Justin Beaver NEVER helps. 

No, I'm saying that record sales are no longer a barometer of what a "flop" truly is. No one cares how much something sells IF that person is still in the public consciousness. Katy was supposedly a flop yet she was everywhere. Taylor Swift is supposedly a mega success and I haven't seen fuck all about her except a TV advert for her album. If asked which one I thought flopped, I'd say Swift (until someone quotes some nonsensical chart figure to prove the opposite) Once Katy goes the way of Gaga and Mariah and Kilo (ie no one knows or cares what they're doing) she'll be a flop.

I am of course talking about the UK here. Apparently Gags is still something big in the USA hence the continued obsession here, and Mariah still has that Kazakhstan following and Kilo's still big in Fairyland.

But yeah, I suppose Katy could have just come out with flowing locks and bouncing tits and moronic bubblegum pop (all you need not to "flop" apparently) Well, GOOD ON HER that she didn't!

2 hours ago, Barbie said:

I'm not googling some scandal that blew over in 5 minutes. Nobody cared that much. End!

e08QF6V.gif

Very fitting you pick New York to represent you. And it doesn't surprise me all of a sudden you lost interest when you know you are wrong...or maybe you just dont know how to google? Its fairly easy tbh. Even easier than responding with a gif! You just simple type in google.com and like i mentioned its free so you dont have to pay and simply type in key words. That simple. Hopefully it helps!

poor Katty.. even her friend Madonna abandoned her

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

See,  @ULIZOS

I mean this about the rappers and such. 

Actually if you read my full comment i never once mentioned her flopping because of those rappers. I know sometimes its easier to think of a quip rather than reading a full comment but in this case my post was not very long or complex. My post is saying she got shit on got called anti gay while nicki and Cardi not even a mention.

14 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Very fitting you pick New York to represent you. And it doesn't surprise me all of a sudden you lost interest when you know you are wrong

I'm not wrong, and like the general public regarding Katy's latest era I never had interest. Next!

Just now, Barbie said:

I'm not wrong, and like the general public regarding Katy's latest era I never had interest. Next!

Um it is wrong. Or is today opposite day? Cuz in that case YASSSSS. also, if you never had any interest, then what do u even know? Thats like me giving my opinion or facts about birds when i dont have the slightlest clue about them.

Here you are rambling, when you were dismissed hours ago. 

hqRfYWc.gif

7 minutes ago, Barbie said:

Here you are rambling, when you were dismissed hours ago. 

hqRfYWc.gif

Aw bless your heart. I'll pray one day you'll be able to respond without having to depend on a gif.

Pray for Katy's career hun, she's 5 minutes away from Lauperland

kFyLXH0.gif

3 minutes ago, Barbie said:

Pray for Katy's career hun, she's 5 minutes away from Lauperland

kFyLXH0.gif

Nah i think you need them more. Im curious to see your gif library tho. Idk whats more sad...your use of gifs or the fact that ive seen all those tv shows 😂

I'm not showing you anything but the door. Next!

2 minutes ago, Barbie said:

I'm not showing you anything but the door. Next!

Oh cmon. We all know you have a SLEW of gifs you choose meticulously. But anyway...yeah katy got shit on badly for Migos.

2 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Pumpkin' vs NY 2018

😂😂😂 i remember on charm school when NY was doing the interviews and one of the girls told her Pumpkin was trying to be the new NY and NY says more like new jersey! 

Just now, Showdown said:

😂😂😂 i remember on charm school when NY was doing the interviews and one of the girls told her Pumpkin was trying to be the new NY and NY says more like new jersey! 

:rotfl:

I miss them all tbh!!

3 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Pumpkin' vs NY 2018

tumblr_lxxbvvcECW1qzb62zo1_500.gif

Just now, Genevieve Vavance said:

I miss them all tbh!!

It was trash tv when trash tv knew it was trash and not trying to be anything more than that!

2 minutes ago, Barbie said:

😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Barbie said:

:lmao:

what was the name of the contestant again that thought she looked like Beyonce and NY told her she looks like Luther Vandross, the one with the big boobs, I forgot all their names damn, I still remember that Asian stripper girl and Saaphyri :rotfl: but she was on Charm School wasn't she?

Just now, Genevieve Vavance said:

what was the name of the contestant again that thought she looked like Beyonce and NY told her she looks like Luther Vandross, the one with the big boobs, I forgot all their names damn, I still remember that Asian stripper girl and Saaphyri :rotfl: but she was on Charm School wasn't she?

Ugh i remember when she said that but i forgot who it was! Didnt one of them poop or pee on the stairs?

13 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

that was Hottie aka Schatar :rotfl:

46 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Ugh i remember when she said that but i forgot who it was! Didnt one of them poop or pee on the stairs?

33 minutes ago, Barbie said:

that was Hottie aka Schatar :rotfl:

Oh yes Hottie!!! :lmao: