MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Katy Perry thread: soldiering on despite floppage of Witness era

Its weird how all the gays turned on her and slammed her for Migos yet Nicki & Cardi B who have a song with them have gotten a free pass.

Really, the necessity to explain the flop? 

NO HIT SINGLES.  

NO HITS 

NO HITS 

It bears repeating 

SINGLES WERE SUBPAR TO WHAT KATY HAS RELEASED BEFORE 

People like singles. 

FULL STOP!  

Just now, karbatal said:

NO HIT SINGLES.  

NO HITS 

NO HITS 

It bears repeating 

People like singles. 

FULL STOP!  

yes, yes, yes: but on the other hand, the view numbers are good, and the ticket´s sales are ok.so it´s not such a huge flop. Although, it seems incredible that this same singer  two albums ago  was breaking michael jakcson´s records!

10 hours ago, Showdown said:

Its weird how all the gays turned on her and slammed her for Migos yet Nicki & Cardi B who have a song with them have gotten a free pass.

Did you not see that gif I posted in here earlier? Shit was cringeworthy  :rotfl: she looked a fool. 

and um Nicki and Cardi are rappers? So why wouldn’t they work with other popular rappers? Not sure why they were even brought up tbh. 

Witness flopped when you compare it to her previous singles and albums. End of. 

But in terms of quality, it slayed harder than any other mainstream pop album last year. Also, End of. 

And as someone said in here, if you weren't checking the charts every other minute to see if a song from Witness was there, you'd never know it was the 'flop' that it was. The songs from the album got fairly regular airplay compared to the rest of the pop divas of 2018. 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

NO HIT SINGLES.  

NO HITS 

NO HITS 

It bears repeating 

People like singles. 

FULL STOP!  

CTTR went top ten globally but everything after that stalled. 

From what I read here, the wrong songs were chosen rather than people going off Katy.

CTTR is a good song and one of the very few I really like from her discography,  but even then when it was premiered the general opinion was that it was subpar and weaker than any other first single from this woman.  Come on,  she's the queen of the big chorus and robust productions.  

The quality is not part of the equation here.  It's the singles. 

Chained To The Rhythm is her best song imo

Think if the album is good than charts don’t matter as much. 

2 hours ago, Barbie said:

Did you not see that gif I posted in here earlier? Shit was cringeworthy  :rotfl: she looked a fool. 

and um Nicki and Cardi are rappers? So why wouldn’t they work with other popular rappers? Not sure why they were even brought up tbh. 

Um the reason why people were mad was because Migos are allegedly homophobic and all this shit came up saying Katy was too. The reason why i brought up Nicki and Cardi is because they have a huge gay following but alas i guess the standard only applies to katy.

2 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Um the reason why people were mad was because Migos are allegedly homophobic and all this shit came up saying Katy was too. The reason why i brought up Nicki and Cardi is because they have a huge gay following but alas i guess the standard only applies to katy.

Allegedly

and I don't really remember anyone crying about it that much other than Katy's fans and a few other fanbases. Nobody else cares. 

2 minutes ago, Barbie said:

Allegedly

and I don't really remember anyone crying about it that much other than Katy's fans and a few other fanbases. Nobody else cares. 

False. Everyone bitched, everyone bashed Katy, articles galore especially when they were on SNL but maybe u have selective memory.

1 minute ago, Showdown said:

False. Everyone bitched, everyone bashed Katy, articles galore especially when they were on SNL but maybe u have selective memory.

who is everyone? Let's break this down

nhffQzT.gif

33 minutes ago, Orion said:

Chained To The Rhythm is her best song imo

I love it too.  My favourite song of last year. 

37 minutes ago, Barbie said:

who is everyone? Let's break this down

nhffQzT.gif

Girrrrrrl...ill just assume you don't know what google is. Google is a search engine. It is also free so you dont have to pay! If you enter in key words results will pop up related to those words. The key words you want to look up are Katy Perry Homophobic Migos. You should see results pertaining to that topic and if you can only understand gifs im sure there is some as well.

30 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I love it too.  My favourite song of last year. 

One of mine, for sure. I didn't like it at first, but it really grew on me and drew me into the album which, as many others have stated before, made me listen to her music seriously for the first time ever. I liked a few songs before, but really enjoy(ed) Witness. Figures it would be the one to bomb (in the grand scheme of her career, anyway) despite the videos for the songs that didn't chart well raking in hundreds of millions of views. I think the album is at about one-million in sales worldwide, but I am not positive.  

It didn't falter enough to hurt her career too badly though, and the tour isn't doing horribly either. Idol in March is a long way away, but it could give it a boost if she performs anything from it, which I am sure is going to happen. A performance, anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Girrrrrrl...ill just assume you don't know what google is. Google is a search engine. It is also free so you dont have to pay! If you enter in key words results will pop up related to those words. The key words you want to look up are Katy Perry Homophobic Migos. You should see results pertaining to that topic and if you can only understand gifs im sure there is some as well.

I'm not googling some scandal that blew over in 5 minutes. Nobody cared that much. End!

e08QF6V.gif

On 03/01/2018 at 3:27 PM, ULIZOS said:

I know NOTHING about charts and what's cool with the "kidz" these days, but how in the world was her last era a flop? I heard that Swish Swish song EVERYWHERE, and the one where they eat her alive, and the other one that goes TURN IT UP DANCE DANCE DANCE. 

I could only wish Madonna's flops were that massive. 

Good point. Those things you've mentioned all crossed over into the public consciousness and Katy was certainly a 'name' last year outwith niche forums and online (unlike Mariah or Gags or whoever where I'd have to open their respective threads on here to find out what they're up to) Chart and numbers wise it may have gone south, but I wouldn't describe her as being a flop (yet)

If the song had been a hit nobody would have cared about those rappers. 

99% of excuses remind me to when Kylie flopped for the first time in the 00s and her fans blamed to a snow storm that stopped fans from going to the shops :lmao:

Katy flopped because for the first time she didn't deliver and as she changed her image and looked ridiculous in most of performances some media outlets and bored people went after her.  

But I'm sure that  she can release a good song,  she will be on top again with her next album.  

2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

If the song had been a hit nobody would have cared about those rappers. 

99% of excuses remind me to when Kylie flopped for the first time in the 00s and her fans blamed to a snow storm that stopped fans from going to the shops :lmao:

Katy flopped because for the first time she didn't deliver and as she changed her image and looked ridiculous in most of performances some media outlets and bored people went after her.  

But I'm sure that  she can release a good song,  she will be on top again with her next album.  

I'm literally the only person "defending" her and the only thing I said is that I heard her music everywhere last year. 

Just now, ULIZOS said:

I'm literally the only person "defending" her and the only thing I said is that I heard her music everywhere last year. 

Errrr I was referring to THE OTHERS that for the oast weeks if not months are talking about some kind of backlash because she was against Trump and there was some kind of conspiracy against her in the media.  

To be fair I didn't even remember YOU commenting. 

15 hours ago, Showdown said:

See,  @ULIZOS

I mean this about the rappers and such. 

Just now, karbatal said:

See,  @ULIZOS

I mean this about the rappers and such. 

Oh, I didn't actually read all the comments because well... it's Katy Parry. All I read was post after post about her flopping

2 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Oh, I didn't actually read all the comments because well... it's Katy Parry. All I read was post after post about her flopping

No probs. And I agree that her flops are other people's successes.  

It's a flop regarding her chart standards.  

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

No probs. And I agree that her flops are other people's successes.  

It's a flop regarding her chart standards.  

So, is this like her Erotica album? :lol: