MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Katy Perry thread: soldiering on despite floppage of Witness era

It's so OBVIOUS that this is just a rough time and she'll be back!  Not with the same numbers but strong enough.

Brunette,  though 

1 hour ago, Showdown said:

I agree with that too. Never apologize to SJWs and omg remember when people attacked her for the comment she made about koalas?

This. Thought that was part of the problem. Music wasn't great but not horrible either. DEF better than Taylors and now JTs. Just all seems like an inside job. Maybe because she is the real deal and doesn't play the game (suck up to certain  people, says and acts like who she really is ) unlike Taylor and Gaga. Wasn't just the 'hair' lol. Was a combo of many things with her persona, management, marketing. And yes she looked weak when she starting apologizing in these weird, clunky ways to Taylor Trump. Notice Taylor never even responded. Totally mute. It's equal to when Trump denies something like the sexual allegations and his minions say "well, he denies it so it never happened". While Franken admitted it so therefore he's guilty :wacko:

44 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It's so OBVIOUS that this is just a rough time and she'll be back!  Not with the same numbers but strong enough.

Brunette,  though 

Yeah..sorry but she reeally needs to change/soften the look. Not that hard. This is *music biz*. Of course IMAGE is important. I used to really like Kelly Clarkson even when she was heavyset and had a 'regular womens' bod. but cmon it's way past that now. She *completely let herself go..like off the rails and is almost painful to look and listen to her now. Katy still has the face, body, personality and potential to put out an instant pop banger that people will embrace. Just has to be the right image and song. I doubt most people even realize she had an album out last year lol. She didn't really do or say anything crazy. Whatever that she supported friggin Hillary. There's 300 million people in the US. A LOT of them loathe Trump she she'll be fine! lol.

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

I just felt like this era Katy was just such a lame pushover. Always apologizing for some shit she didn't need to apologize for. Came across really wishy washy. Bleh. Grow a backbone and stick up for yourself.

1 hour ago, Showdown said:

I agree with that too. Never apologize to SJWs and omg remember when people attacked her for the comment she made about koalas?

Yes. Katy should never have apologized for cultural appropriation.

That comment about her dog with the koala was nothing. She was joking in an advert for Myer Australia and told little Nuggett to come to Australia and chase koalas. It was obviously a joke. How anyone could take it seriously is beyond me.  Only a tiny amount of people did and as usual, they got attention. 

Also when they accused her of being anti gay. Katy told our then PM Tony Abbott off years ago on a radio station for not legalising gay marriage. She is not a bigot or racist and never has been. 

I just feel like she got so much bad press during this cycle, and all for minor things. Then they’ve focused so much on what a “flop” she is, and I guess people start believing it when it gets repeated enough times. I don’t remember any of the other pop girls getting this kind of backlash (yet some of them act like all media is against them because they aren’t kissing their asses constantly) besides Britney and maybe Christina. 

87CC5A3F-3AF8-4BA4-ACD0-3C44104D0264.png

656CBDEF-8D94-48CA-B244-253A64D54361.jpeg

88F269AA-7A60-4577-B536-6B1D47FEAF84.jpeg

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

Brunette,  though 

DEFINITELY 

5 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

C8C384F4-5FC9-43EE-8AF3-285DD93CCB01.png

I just realized this is Daisy Duck. :chuckle:

On 20/01/2018 at 9:23 PM, Suedehead said:

If I were a conspiracy theorist I would have said that there is and has been an orchestrated campaign from the far right including the press to smear and derail Katy Perry’s career. The same people pulling the puppet strings and ensuring the likes of Taylor Swift remain successful. 

One of these women was vocally anti Trump and anti right wing agenda whilst the other one by remaining silent has become a poster child for the alt right. 

Now make of that what you will.

Naw it's because she got a haircut.

Of course you're right.

i was revisiting The Girlie Show the other day and couldn't help thinking of Katy at the end of Everybody - Madonna with the heavy make up, tousled short hair and jumping around the stage frantically. Very reminiscent.

She will survive. One "flop" album after 3. It's not the end of the world for my princess. 

Too bad she flopped with her best album. 

Milk from Drag Race references Katy in this week's episode. I won't spoil it, but it's cute! 

On 1/29/2018 at 1:59 AM, 5iVe Elements said:

She will survive. One "flop" album after 3. It's not the end of the world for my princess. 

I'm sure she'll "survive" in the way most pop stars do these days, if she finds other things to do in the industry. The days of people completely disappearing after being as successful as she was are long gone. That said, I think her days of ruling the charts are probably over. 

On 1/20/2018 at 4:23 PM, Suedehead said:

If I were a conspiracy theorist I would have said that there is and has been an orchestrated campaign from the far right including the press to smear and derail Katy Perry’s career. The same people pulling the puppet strings and ensuring the likes of Taylor Swift remain successful. 

One of these women was vocally anti Trump and anti right wing agenda whilst the other one by remaining silent has become a poster child for the alt right. 

Now make of that what you will.

But you're not a conspiracy theorist, are you? :wink: If it were true then why isn't Taylor smashing right now? Katy flopped for many reasons. Maybe politics played a small factor, but that alone didn't sink her album. And it wasn't her hair either! Changing trends, changing fans, and the music itself were all to blame IMO. 

On 1/29/2018 at 3:29 PM, Django said:

Too bad she flopped with her best album. 

Yep

One important factor is that Witness is a dance/electronic album and the days of that genre ruling the charts are over since 2014, sadly. 

On 1/29/2018 at 12:29 PM, Django said:

Too bad she flopped with her best album

THIS.

17 hours ago, Orion said:

One important factor is that Witness is a dance/electronic album and the days of that genre ruling the charts are over since 2014, sadly. 

Yes, I thought swish swish would have been fine for a remix but as the main version, it's quite niche.

I love how they hype up the DVD recording by referring to it as “a bigger project”. It must be a live nation thing. 

good luck with filming in ‘Couver. The ppl there are so dull. Should’ve filmed in Montréal for over the top audience réactions .

Thank God not yet. I hope she will keep them short and blond for as long as possible to continue to piss off anyone who thinks they can control the appearance of a woman.

I’m watching katy tour clips online and I love this.

I’ll be stuck in a katy tour loop for the next few hrs.

So glad they r filming this tour for a DVD release. I’ve never seen a katy tour ever. 

9 hours ago, spotlight said:

I’m watching katy tour clips online and I love this.

I’ll be stuck in a katy tour loop for the next few hrs.

So glad they r filming this tour for a DVD release. I’ve never seen a katy tour ever. 

I think the previous tours are very children oriented I don't think it would have made a big impression on us.

There's a documentary in Netflix where you can see pieces of her last tour. 

18 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Thank God not yet. I hope she will keep them short and blond for as long as possible to continue to piss off anyone who thinks they can control the appearance of a woman.

:clap: