MadonnaNation.com Forums
motherandfather03

Greatest Hits Tour Setlist- in no apparent order

3 hours ago, Lolo said:

I guess she'd go with 4 minutes and BIM. Those are the only two which could be justified somehow. Other than that there's no big hits  past Hung Up. 

If she even did such a tour, I doubt she'd even take the term "Greatest Hits" as literal as some in this thread are.

3 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

If she even did such a tour, I doubt she'd even take the term "Greatest Hits" as literal as most here in this thread are.

Of course she won't! This is just us imagining a GH tour of hers, most obviously. 

3 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Of course she won't! This is just us imagining a GH tour of hers, most obviously. 

I get that. I just don't get why it has to be so rigid? :lmao: 

3 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

I get that. I just don't get why it has to be so rigid? :lmao: 

I don't know. Because it's kind of fun :dazed: but honestly, no idea. At least I think IF there ever was a GH tour it really should be GH only. But  personally I'd much rather have a Fan Favorites Tour. That would be the most amazing thing ever. And imagine the fights on MN about what songs should make it on THAT setlist. 

7 minutes ago, Lolo said:

I don't know. Because it's kind of fun :dazed: but honestly, no idea. At least I think IF there ever was a GH tour it really should be GH only. But  personally I'd much rather have a Fan Favorites Tour. That would be the most amazing thing ever. And imagine the fights on MN about what songs should make it on THAT setlist. 

Even in just a hypothetical sense, I can't imagine M going on a tour without getting to at least do a few new/recent songs, regardless of hit status. You know how she is... :lmao:

And girl is gonna do Candy Shop. Resistance is futile.

She could truly do a pure GH setlist with nothing past 4 Minutes, or Hung Up... and girl WILL throw in Candy Shop (in some form or fashion).

She could do a tried and true 'Anti-Tour' for the hardcore fans... and we WILL get Candy Shop.

She could do an Immaculate Collection Tour...and bitch will throw in Candy Shop.

And she knows we know... :dead:

^^ that's true! That's why I was 'granting' her those two songs, which I personally could do without. But of course she'd also add Candy Shop, GMAYL, LFL...

ok you beat me to it with the addition of CAndy Shop. 

Tried to be realistic about this:

1. Papa Don't Preach (with LONG string intro)
  2. Deeper & Deeper
  3. Hung Up
  4. Frozen/Rain
  5. Ghosttown 
  6. Interlude (Living for Love/Rescue Me)
  7. Express Yourself
  8. Erotica
  9. Like A Virgin
  10. La Isla Bonita
  11. Live to Tell
  12. Interlude (Bitch, I'm Madonna)
  13. Into the Groove
  14. Beautiful Stranger/Candy Shop
  15. Secret
  16. Music/Causing A Commotion 
  17. Borderline/True Blue/Cherish
  18. Interlude (Where's The Party)
  19. 4 Minutes
  20. Lucky Star
  21. Material Girl
  22. Holiday/Everybody

Encore:

1. This Used To Be My Playground (I whole heartedly believe this will come out on a GH tour. A big SWEEPING arraignment)
  2. Ray of Light
  3. Vogue
  4. Like A Prayer

This was hard when you try and do it realistically. Sure, any of us can come up with a 'dream setlist' but when you're going through her discography, there's just a stunning amount of iconic, classic, and memorable songs that it's impossible to make a GH setlist and not wince when leaving out certain songs (Don't Tell Me, Angel, I'll Remember, Dress You Up!)

Even this setlist may be a tad too long, but I think it represents her discography pretty damn good. I know I'd be happy with it!

And I'll also add.....

IF she were to ever do a GH show, it'd be IMPOSSIBLE for her not to do a melodies or mash ups. I know that's not usually her thing, but I think it'd be necessary if she really wants to represent her discography. I'm not saying to do her entire show like a Janet concert, but I just don't see how she can do a GH without at least some.

Here's my crack at it! It's obviously weighted towards the old hits and I'm sure M would hate it, but I bet the GP would love it and it'd be great for first time concertgoers.

Madonna: The Reintroduction Greatest Hits Tour

This tour would serve as an introduction to Madonna’s catalog to younger audiences and reignite memories for generations of fans. It would show how she has evolved as a woman and an artist over time. It would also place her work within the context of power, gender, sexuality, and spirituality at the end of the 20th century and start of the 21st century.

Act 1: Fan Favorites

The show would kick off with what may be her most well-known hit and go through a series of crowd pleasing songs where she would directly address the audience.

1. "Like a Virgin"

2. "Open Your Heart"

3. "Borderline"

4. "Crazy for You”

Act 2: Self-actualization/Self-empowerment

“La Isla Bonita” would be an escape into a fantasy world and a celebration of Latin music and dance. “Into the Groove” and “Lucky Star” would be set in the city streets and clubs of downtown New York where she first got her start. “Material Girl” would be framed as a woman enjoying the rewards of her professional success and “Express Yourself” would be a call for fair and fulfilling romantic relationships.

5. "Everybody" (interlude)

6. "La Isla Bonita"

7. "Into the Groove"

8. “Lucky Star”

9. "Material Girl"

10. "Express Yourself”

Act 3: Iconoclasm

The “Justify My Love” interlude would be a bridge into seductive and transgressive fantasy world. “Vogue” would showcase her status as a fashion icon and feature male and female dancers wearing clothes of the opposite gender. “Erotica” would start off as a playful burlesque sequence. However, midway through the song negative news audio clips would start playing reflecting the backlash which occurred. During “Human Nature,” S&M dancing and role play would toy with themes of dominance, submission, and control. 

11. "Justify My Love" (interlude)

12. "Vogue"

13. "Erotica"

14. "Human Nature” 

Act 4: Redemption

The “Frozen” interlude would depict a surreal and mystical dream world. “Live to Tell” and “Papa Don’t Preach” would be dramatic performances centered around sorrow and forgiveness. Her attitude would shift with “Don’t Tell Me” and she becomes defiant and self-confident. A sense of freedom and joy enters during “Rain.” “Like a Prayer” is a simple but magical singalong with the audience.

15. "Frozen" (interlude)

16. "Live to Tell"

17. "Papa Don't Preach"

18. "Don't Tell Me"

19. "Rain"

20. "Like a Prayer”

Act 5: Celebration

The last section is a thrilling race through the biggest dance hits of her latter career. It would finish with a simple and memorable encore of “Holiday.”

21. "4 Minutes" (interlude)

22. "Music”

23. "Hung Up"

24. "Ray of Light”

Encore

25. "Holiday"

On 1/22/2018 at 7:21 AM, KalamazooJay said:

And I'll also add.....

IF she were to ever do a GH show, it'd be IMPOSSIBLE for her not to do a melodies or mash ups. I know that's not usually her thing, but I think it'd be necessary if she really wants to represent her discography. I'm not saying to do her entire show like a Janet concert, but I just don't see how she can do a GH without at least some.

I was just about to mention that when reading your setlist... sure, it's not her style, but if she wants to cover more work, quite a few medleys/mashups would be the only way.

The only times I think she's done that are WTG Tour (DYU/MG/LAV medley) and the RHT (the DYU/ITG/LS Latin Medley).

I like a lot of people's ideas so I'm gonna try to incorporate some of them:

The tour is segmented into 5 "Acts". For dramatic effect, each act begins by fading to black then having "Act (whatever act it is)" in big bold white capital letters on an entirely dark background. 

Intro: Epic career montage (to hype up the crowd), lots of shots of all her eras and music videos, lots and lots of nostalgic moments, ending with Madonna saying to Dick Clark how she wants to "rule the world".

Fade to black. 

Act 1: "Streets of New York"

1. Papa Don't Preach (Long dramatic string into, Madonna elevated up onto stage once bass comes in, lots of visuals of early NY, trains whizzing by, etc)

2. New Song (depends on what M releases as the lead to her new album) 

3. Into The Groove (dancers come in, lots of Keith Haring art, very colourful, the song itself is very bass driven (I very much like this mashup: https://tinyurl.com/y7dpdqcn, skip to 0:52 that's exactly what I mean) 

4. Borderline (Fresh, bouncy, remix on a classic, visuals like the video, graffiti, early days, fun)

5. Secret (Black and White, Visuals of Harlem, the nitty gritty parts of New York, much like the video.)

Act 2: "Confide"

6. "Erotic Tango" (Erotica interpolated with Fever, a funky slowjam, visuals of candles burning and BSDM themes. Madonna is dancing with a parter)

7. Frozen (Acoustic, keeping with the Tango thing, the song has sort of a spanishy vibe, like on the San Diego stop of the RHT)

8. Pray for Spanish Eyes 

9. Like a Virgin (A new jack swing mix, in the vein of Shep Pettibone, like it could've been plucked straight off Erotica.)

10. Live To Tell (Madonna alone on stage) 

Act 3: "Radio Free Europe"

11: Beautiful Stranger (breezy dancy guitar-based vibe throughout the whole segment)

12: Love Profusion (more synths and upbeat than original) 

13: Hung Up  (stripped down but still dancable. she did a really short version on the RHT in Hong Kong. I'd love to see her expand on that. https://tinyurl.com/y7jbw9fq)

14: Holiday (It would be great if Mirwais could remix this... then it would blend perfectly into Music... acoustic with minimal electro beats a la debut.)

15: Music (Funk remix would be nice. So much you can do with this song.)

Act 4: "No Angel"

16: Vogue (1940s Hollywood theme throughout this Act, Femme Fatale, Bonnie and Clyde theme)

17: New Song 2

18: Don't Tell Me (non-country version. Maybe like a completely stripped down ballad. The lyrics fit with the theme.)

19: Deeper and Deeper (remix so that it doesn't sound like Vogue pt 2)

20: Drowned World/ Subsitute for Love (Anti-glamour song to end the glamour segment)

Act 5: "Ascension"

21. Express Yourself (Political Images, feminist theme)

22. Ray of Light (Madonna on electric guitar, very ethereal and uplifting)

23: Like a Prayer (because of course.)

In order:

Act 1:

Holiday

Celebration

Give it 2 me

Ray of light

Music

(she's not me interlude)

Act 1

Express yourself 
Girl gone wild

Human nature

Deeper and Deeper

Erotica (Confession tour version)

Rebel Heart

(Masterpiece interlude)

Act 3

Frozen

Ghosttown 

Take a bow

Live to tell

Everybody

Like a Prayer

(Dont tell me interlude)

Act 4

Hung up

Candy shop (because yall know)

La isla bonita

Hollywood

Into the groove

Vogue

ACT 1 - New York Grafitti 

1. Everybody 

2. Hung Up 

3. Deeper and Deeper 

4. Bitch I'm Madonna 

5. Where's the Party/Causing a Commotion (medley) 

"American Life" Interlude 

Act II - Parisian Protest 

6. Express Yourself 

7. Human Nature

8. Sorry 

9. Live to Tell

10. Don't Tell Me

"Rescue Me" Interlude

Act III - Berlin Burlesque 

11. Erotica

12. Like a Virgin

13.  Justify My Love

14. Borderline 

15. Secret 

"What it Feels Like For a Girl" interlude

Act IV - Mystical City

16. Frozen

17. Open Your Heart

18. Ray of Light

19. Rotating Acoustic Song (whatever M Feels for the night/Fan request/Audience participation - "Ghosttown", "I'll Remember" "Crazy For You" "La Isla Bonita" most often performed)

20. Like a Prayer

21. Take a Bow (fake close) 

Act V - Futuristic Disco

22. Lucky Star

23. Material Girl

24. Music

25. Into the Groove

--

26. Vogue/Everybody reprise (closes with audience repetition of "Dance and sing, get up and do your thing!") 

If Madonna was to pull a Tranet and do a "State of the World" Tour about people, not politics!

1. American Life / Nobody Knows Me
  2. Sorry
  3. What It Feels Like for a Girl
  4. Express Yourself
  5. Wash All Over Me – Interlude
  6. Swim
  7. Ghosttown
  8. Die Another Day / Papa Don't Preach
  9. Nothing Really Matters
  10. Like a Prayer
  11. Rescue Me / Frozen – Interlude
  12. Vogue
  13. Keep It Together
  14. Who's That Girl / La Isla Bonita / Deeper and Deeper
  15. Spanish Eyes
  16. Take a Bow
  17. Get Together – Interlude
  18. Impressive Instant / Lucky Star / Ray of Light
  19. Beautiful Stranger
  20. Physical Attraction / Erotica / Justify My Love
  21. Hung Up
  22. Everybody / Into the Groove / Music

On 2/7/2018 at 8:29 PM, S.E.X. said:

If Madonna was to pull a Tranet and do a "State of the World" Tour about people, not politics!

1. American Life / Nobody Knows Me 4 Minutes
  2. Sorry
  3. What It Feels Like for a Girl
  4. Express Yourself
  5. Wash All Over Me – Interlude
  6. Swim
  7. Ghosttown
  8. Die Another Day / Papa Don't Preach
  9. Nothing Really Matters
  10. Like a Prayer
  11. Rescue Me / Frozen – Interlude
  12. Vogue
  13. Keep It Together
  14. Who's That Girl / La Isla Bonita / Deeper and Deeper
  15. Spanish Eyes  The Look Of Love
  16. Take a Bow
  17. Get Together – Interlude
  18. Impressive Instant / Lucky Star / Ray of Light
  19. Beautiful Stranger
  20. Physical Attraction / Erotica / Justify My Love
  21. Hung Up
  22. Everybody / Into the Groove / Music

I love this. Adjusted a couple tho. :brenspin:

She can easily do two GH tours. Get that money M! 

Greatest Hits part 1 (2019)

Greatest Hits part 2 (2021)

She has sooo much material, plus there's room in each tour for 2-3 fan favorites. 

8 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

I love this. Adjusted a couple tho. :brenspin:

I can't believe I forgot 4 Minutes! Really don't mind those adjustments either. It would be very interesting to see her perform The Look of Love nowadays!

A Greatest Hits Setlist would cause many heart attacks all over the world. On one hand you have the casual fans who would LOVE such a tour and then you have the die-hard fans who would bitch about the setlist because she would have to leave out so many classic and amazing songs. It's kind of like the 1-CD version of Celebration. Useless and does not represents her vast and varied catalogue of songs. She would need to to a 38-track setlist so that I would be satisfied. lol