MadonnaNation.com Forums
Magician

Apple Is Reportedly Planning To End Digital Music Downloads By 2019

21 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Probably because it took a long time to get her back catalogue on iTunes, or was that Metallica.

no no, I think it was because M was still a force in selling physical releases and took some time to catch up with digital downloads, so the fans were fuming that iTunes shouldn't be counted for Billboard or something like that  :lol:

13 hours ago, karbatal said:

Because we use WiFi at home?  I don't understand what you mean. 

Spotify and Netflix have also a possibility to download preciously if you want to enjoy songs or films offline. I listen to Spotify each day on the street to my offline songs. 

Nooo I mean when you're on the road and use mobile data. I don't use Spotify.. a lot about streaming is still foreign to me. I buy my music and movies. just still feels safer to have it on a hard driver or "something" and not in the air

23 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I buy my music and movies. just still feels safer to have it on a hard driver or "something" and not in the air

Same.

45 minutes ago, functions_X said:

no no, I think it was because M was still a force in selling physical releases and took some time to catch up with digital downloads, so the fans were fuming that iTunes shouldn't be counted for Billboard or something like that  :lol:

And in 2017 we still don’t have the correct versions of the albums...

I don't stream quite simply as they don't feature many of the tracks I want which are remixes. They just seem to have standard album versions.

I just download rips off YouTube of obscure tracks that I can't find anywhere else

9 hours ago, functions_X said:

I remember back in the early 2000's the Madonna fan community was really upset with iTunes and digital downloads because they felt it was unfair to Madonna's sales :lol:

And it happened.  Look at the Billboard historic top artists now: Glee,  Beyonce or Taylor have more than 50 top 40 hits than Madonna.  And that's because Madonna's public weren't to download songs. They were to buy the physicals for years  

6 hours ago, jonski43 said:

I don't stream quite simply as they don't feature many of the tracks I want which are remixes. They just seem to have standard album versions.

I just download rips off YouTube of obscure tracks that I can't find anywhere else

There's still a big void of songs in streaming platforms.  

9 hours ago, karbatal said:

And it happened.  Look at the Billboard historic top artists now: Glee,  Beyonce or Taylor have more than 50 top 40 hits than Madonna.  And that's because Madonna's public weren't to download songs. They were to buy the physicals for years  

I agree that it does look funny, from that perspective, but it is what it is.... it's like those artists who were complaining about MTV because they felt it was unfair that they now have to make music videos.... different times have different standards and somebody always profits from it.

Madonna and her peers profited from the MTV era, Elvis and the Beatles profited from the black-and-white TV era, and so on....

Your iTunes downloads will still work, it's just that you won't be able to purchase anything new. Streaming is the future anyway, but I'm sure that Google Play etc. will offer you a chance to buy something in case you need to own it.

I don't like the idea but it makes sense at the current climate. 

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎15 at 12:40 PM, promise to try said:

didn´t bruce willis sue them because once you pased away the music can´t be used by anybody else?

I didn't even think of that. You cant inherit music anymore :( 

18 hours ago, karbatal said:

There's still a big void of songs in streaming platforms.  

Absolutely. I agree. Hopefully by 2019 they have all that figured out. Interesting..

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎16 at 6:27 PM, Nikki said:

Nooo I mean when you're on the road and use mobile data. I don't use Spotify.. a lot about streaming is still foreign to me. I buy my music and movies. just still feels safer to have it on a hard driver or "something" and not in the air

You can still download the songs for "offline listening". Stores on your device in a "hidden folder" in a format only playable on the respective App. 

i dont even buy or stream...i just youtube it up...it's free

As a writer, I like to make a living off of my work.

For the same reason, I dont want to stream and choose to download an album, if I can, off of an artist’s Bandcamp page for example.

I dont need some self-entitled hipster who works for a streaming service to get a bigger chunk of my money than the artist himself.

2 hours ago, Stereo said:

As a writer, I like to make a living off of my work.

For the same reason, I dont want to stream and choose to download an album, if I can, off of an artist’s Bandcamp page for example.

I dont need some self-entitled hipster who works for a streaming service to get a bigger chunk of my money than the artist himself.

Well I'm sure that in the future there will be some platform too for reading. I doubt people will pay 9 euro for an ebook as it's happening now.  It's about time.  How writers will survive,  that's another question.  

But somehow books are the only cultural good that still has a very healthy physical commerce. 

Streaming is shit. Itunes is shit.

The END.

I'm sure this will happen right on time for M's next album cycle.

Just now, Je5u5 said:

:lol:

15 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

:rotfl:Voice of wisdom, :rotfl:

On 12/18/2017 at 12:32 PM, Je5u5 said:

LOL

It's sad that Madonna and her team still have not caught up with the digital downloads, let alone streaming. Her streaming numbers aren't high enough to give her another smash hit so this could potentially work against her, cutting out a whole market.

4 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

It's sad that Madonna and her team still have not caught up with the digital downloads, let alone streaming. Her streaming numbers aren't high enough to give her another smash hit so this could potentially work against her, cutting out a whole market.

Well to be fair it's useless to connect with the download thingy anymore if numbers are falling to nothing :lol:

I have ZERO idea what next strategy could be.  Or should be.  Just look at Katy and Taylor flopping! Or aren't they??????  

On 24/12/2017 at 9:55 PM, karbatal said:

Well to be fair it's useless to connect with the download thingy anymore if numbers are falling to nothing :lol:

I have ZERO idea what next strategy could be.  Or should be.  Just look at Katy and Taylor flopping! Or aren't they??????  

True but they should have gotten that right during MDNA and RH. Instead, she surrounds herself with intellects with brains the size of a peanut who barely know how to work a computer and are professions in abandoning Madonna's album campaigns the very second a single flops like some sort of plague and continue to act like it's still 1995. Add on the fact she has no proper company to back her up.

Add 2 +2 = disaster of course. 

Now we got to worry about her streaming figures. As fans, we have some sort of power to give her a boost but her streaming aren't high enough to give her another hit nor does she have as much streaming power as Taylor. Taylor's new single seems to be doing well in some places like Bieber and Katy Perry (maybe out the US).