Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

2 hours ago, Magician said:

Lol #FakeTrumpEmergency and #FAKENationalEmergency are trending on twitter today

And Ann Coulter is having a meltdown on her twitter feed 

Christ, never thought I'd see the day where I agree with this POS about anything. 

2 hours ago, nightcutter said:

Is Ann Coulter a Trump hater? I thought she was a very right wing republican? I thought she would love Trump and his histrionics?

It's hard to keep track of every little thing in this shit show of a presidency so please someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think she was supportive of him but even she sees through his bullshit at this point. From what I gather, she basically thinks he just speaks a bunch of nonsense with no follow through. 

Ann is a single-issue voter who only cares about the wall, and she knows that the emergency declaration is just a way of trying to run out the clock until 2020 and keep the NASCAR arenas full of rednecks seething and passionate, while in legal reality it's over and the wall is dead.

She may be crazy, but she's not stupid.

9 hours ago, nightcutter said:

Is Ann Coulter a Trump hater? I thought she was a very right wing republican? I thought she would love Trump and his histrionics?

Oh she loved him at first...but his failure to actually accomplish anything has pissed even her off. Crazy times. :lmao:

I guess im the only one that wants Hillary Clinton to run again.   My other favorites are Caroline Kennedy and Bloomberg.   

I don’t recall any other president who has labeled someone the “enemy of the people” and then the people attacked them. 

From that recent attack on a BBC reporter at a Trump rally to the MAGA bomber sending bombs to CNN.

He's inciting people to commit violence with his words. He's labeling people enemies. He's praising people who attack journalists. He's saying that people who give him "bad press" should not be allowed to operate. 

He's laying the groundwork for other people to do what he can't. These people are enemies. They are doing bad things. This guy punched one: I think he's awesome! The subtext is there. It's not even subtle.

https://ew.com/oscars/2019/02/25/spike-lee-donald-trump-tweet-oscars-speech/

Spike Lee reacts to Donald Trump calling his Oscar speech 'racist': 'No one's going for that'

SHIRLEY LI 

February 25, 2019 at 04:07 PM EST

Spike Lee’s first competitive Oscar win (for co-writing BlacKkKlansman) on Sunday night resulted in cheers, a standing ovation, and a jubilant leap into longtime friend and collaborator Samuel L. Jackson’s arms on stage at the Dolby Theatre

Inside the White House, though, his achievement led to the opposite reaction. On Monday morning, President Donald Trump tweeted that Lee’s speech was “a racist hit on your President.”

Though Lee hadn’t mentioned Trump at all, he had wrapped up his acceptance speech with a plea for voters to “be on the right side of history” and “make the moral choice between love versus hate” at the 2020 presidential election — a statement that appears to have caused the president’s reaction.

It’s a reaction Lee found unsurprising. When EW asked the writer-director on Monday morning whether he’d seen the tweet, he nodded, then sighed. “Well, it’s okee-doke, you know,” he said with a shrug. “They change the narrative.”

“They did the same thing with the African-American players who were kneeling, trying to make it into an anti-American thing, an anti-patriotic thing, and an anti-military thing,” he explained. “But no one’s going for that.”

Instead of dwelling on it, Lee’s looking forward to working on his next film. As he told fans with an update on Instagram, he’s heading to Thailand to shoot the Chadwick Boseman starrer Da 5 Bloods. “BlacKkKlansman, that’s over,” he says in the post. “Like Jay Z says, onto the next.”

Guest Marco
On 2/25/2019 at 5:12 PM, Magician said:

:wacko:

On 2/25/2019 at 5:40 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

:gross:   He is so revolting 

This gut-churning tyrant is the ultimate paradigm of totalitarianism. :gross: