Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

15 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Love Nancy !  

Does anyone else find those chanting "  USA USA USA "  like they are at a world sporting event so annoying and arrogant ?  

I'm afraid, the rest of the world will never really understand that kind of patriotism. Even worse, the tradition of rallying around the flag. But I guess being German makes me especially suspicious about those things. After all, the history of my country shows clearly what happens when patriotism turns into nationalism. Now most Germans are only patriotic when there are championships and Germany is playing a great game. Other than that, no one really cares. The concept itself seems so superficial. The whole "I'm proud to be American (or German)"? While I'm proud of the many achievements of my country in so many fields, I never felt pride for the mere fact that I was born in this particular country. As if I had any choice? Ridiculous. It's the same when people claim the U.S. (or any other country) is "the greatest country ever". Such thing simply does not exist. 

2 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I'm afraid, the rest of the world will never really understand that kind of patriotism. Even worse, the tradition of rallying around the flag. But I guess being German makes me especially suspicious about those things. After all, the history of my country shows clearly what happens when patriotism turns into nationalism. Now most Germans are only patriotic when there are championships and Germany is playing a great game. Other than that, no one really cares. The concept itself seems so superficial. The whole "I'm proud to be American (or German)"? While I'm proud of the many achievements of my country in so many fields, I never felt pride for the mere fact that I was born in this particular country. As if I had any choice? Ridiculous. It's the same when people claim the U.S. (or any other country) is "the greatest country ever". Such thing simply does not exist. 

Exactly. Why should you be proud to be born x nationality, when you had no choice - the same as u didn't choose to be white or black, dark or blond, straight or gay. You may feel lucky, because you have more opportunities, if its a well developed country, but proud? Very superficial. You can love your country of course, but many nationalists are really delusional and can't really asses how their country compares to the others.

2 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Yes.  Having pride in your country is wonderful but seeing Trump saying America is the greatest country ever and the parliament chanting" USA USA "  is cringe worthy.   I hate it too when Australians do it with that ghastly "  Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi"  that they are doing at every sporting event now - even when an Australian is playing tennis at grand slams around the world.  

Have pride in your country,  sing traditional songs at national events,  respect your anthem etc - all great.  But chanting and gloating about how your country is the best in the world -  just a turn off.  Especially in a political event and occasion like this. 

Patriotism is rooted in religion, especially in America with all their "God bless America" nonsense. Certainly a product of the new world mentality that America is somehow a cut above the rest, but is frankly delusional thinking in 2019 - as if God gives a shit about America any more than he does the other 200 countries in the world. :lmao: 

3 hours ago, MadFan said:

Patriotism is rooted in religion, especially in America with all their "God bless America" nonsense. Certainly a product of the new world mentality that America is somehow a cut above the rest, but is frankly delusional thinking in 2019 - as if God gives a shit about America any more than he does the other 200 countries in the world. :lmao: 

People in the U.S. really, TRULY believe the U.S. is the best country in the world. Like, the vast majority of Americans truly, wholeheartedly believe that :lol: 

4 minutes ago, MadFan said:

:megamanson:

Did he think he was being sly with that trail bit?

He is such a revolting person.  His tweets are putrid. 

Have to say though that he has no comeback for Nancy Pelosi.  He generally is wary of her and I love her for that. 

18 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

He is such a revolting person.  His tweets are putrid. 

Have to say though that he has no comeback for Nancy Pelosi.  He generally is wary of her and I love her for that. 

Yes, what did he say last week? "Nancy Pelosi, Nance, as I call her" or something? What a loser.

She's dealt with him wonderfully so far.

1 minute ago, MadFan said:

Yes, what did he say last week? "Nancy Pelosi, Nance, as I call her" or something? What a loser.

She's dealt with him wonderfully so far.

Yes,  she has his measure completely.  

^ They are so repulsive.  Both him and his son. 

Why is he always going to rallies, preaching garbage and lies, inciting hatred and making idiotic speeches to his rabid followers ?  He is the President and should be instead running the country and doing his job. Instead of swanning around at rallies with his cult of morons cheering him on. He makes Americians look so stupid and offensive. I feel sorry for the people that hate him , having an offensive, stupid buffoon representing them. 

You know when they say "save the best for last". I'm pretty sure, this applies to Don jr. It is still not really clear what happened at that Trump Tower meeting. About Russian adoptions it was not, we know that. I sincerely hope, they have something on Don jr. and it will be fun to watch what his despicable father will do. Throw his son under the bus or pardon him. 

Anyway, as horrible as his presidency is, there is a glimmer of hope. Once it is over, he will be the most depised president ever. And where will he go? Where will he live? Will he ever be able to go out in public? If he moves back to NYC, I can see him totally shunned everywhere. I doubt anyone will invite him. He will sit in his ugly tower, in his faux Versailles in the sky, alone, isolated. And Milania will be gone, the minute his presidency ends. 

18 hours ago, horn said:

He's blind.

Outside & Inside.

I will never understand when someone who is part of a minority (and as a disabled person he is) goes after another minortity. My countries history should teach him a lesson, once your country becomes a totalitarian regime, no minority is safe. You get killed, no matter what. Leaders will think of you as "unworthy living" because you will damage the oh so pure gene pool of the master race. And because they are nice, the call it Euthanasia. 

This guy is an asshole. 

Can we all just agree that the rest of the world does not give a fuck about the US anymore. The Trump presidency, the gun laws, the healthcare, the border wall, climate action, every single story that comes out of the US is a joke. A reality star president who has turned the country into a reality show soap opera. For now the US is on par with third world countries like North Korea. Most of us can only hope this idiocy doesn't spread further.

Is Ann Coulter a Trump hater? I thought she was a very right wing republican? I thought she would love Trump and his histrionics?