Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

"A globalist is a person who wants the globe to do well, frankly not caring so much about our country. We can't have that... I'm a nationalist," President Trump said at a rally in Houston on Monday night.

18 minutes ago, Magician said:

"A globalist is a person who wants the globe to do well, frankly not caring so much about our country. We can't have that... I'm a nationalist," President Trump said at a rally in Houston on Monday night.

As the famous phrase and quote goes  " Patriotism is the last refuge of the Scoundrel. 

So true with Trump and that it very frightening. 

Anyway, what should US do with the caravan from Honduras? Should we let them in, claim asylum and give them citizenship?

Weed just became legal in Canada and now US border patrol is asking us if we've ever smoked it in our lives. If we answer yes, we can be banned from the US for life. :lmao:

56 minutes ago, MadFan said:

Weed just became legal in Canada and now US border patrol is asking us if we've ever smoked it in our lives. If we answer yes, we can be banned from the US for life. :lmao:

:lmao:  Have to laugh. Owning automatic weapons that can kill on mass is all fine and great but having smoked weed is something to be banned from the USA for ! 

Last week Trump tweeted this fear mongering racist commercial for the mid term elections taking place tomorrow. CNN rejected the commercial. NBC and even Fox News have stopped airing this commercial.

13 minutes ago, Magician said:

Last week Trump tweeted this fear mongering racist commercial for the mid term elections taking place tomorrow. CNN rejected the commercial. NBC and even Fox News have stopped airing this commercial.

Someone should retweet this to Trump!

This is a victory with a lampshade on it. Recapturing the House is great as we can now investigate this sleazy administration, but we lost ground in the Senate (which matters a lot for 2020 as it means Democrats need to win even more seats). I am starting the think the Supreme Court will be lost for the rest of my lifetime. If Democrats don't take the Senate and Presidency in 2020, that Court is going to be all right-wing nutjobs.

1 hour ago, Nightshade said:

This is a victory with a lampshade on it. Recapturing the House is great as we can now investigate this sleazy administration, but we lost ground in the Senate (which matters a lot for 2020 as it means Democrats need to win even more seats). I am starting the think the Supreme Court will be lost for the rest of my lifetime. If Democrats don't take the Senate and Presidency in 2020, that Court is going to be all right-wing nutjobs.

I am absolutely appalled about the Senate. Was really hopeful that people would be so turned off by Trump's policies, behaviour and continual lies to reject him but so much of his base has still backed him.  

Right wingers are really cemented in so many countries of the world. Was hoping the USA would step up big time but this result definitely has a major lampshade on it as you pointed out. 

1 minute ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I am absolutely appalled about the Senate. Was really hopeful that people would be so turned off by Trump's policies, behaviour and continual lies to reject him but so much of his base has still backed him.  

His base is really only about 30-35% of people, but unfortunately, they vote reliably. I was hoping the same thing too (that he'd be rejected) but I think this is the new norm...you can win being a racist, sexist piece of shit because there are plenty of them in our country. And most of the middle and left "play nice" for bipartisanship points. Gloves off, bitches. These people want to bury you and your kids. Dumb cunts need to wake the fuck up.

57 minutes ago, Nightshade said:

His base is really only about 30-35% of people, but unfortunately, they vote reliably. I was hoping the same thing too (that he'd be rejected) but I think this is the new norm...you can win being a racist, sexist piece of shit because there are plenty of them in our country. And most of the middle and left "play nice" for bipartisanship points. Gloves off, bitches. These people want to bury you and your kids. Dumb cunts need to wake the fuck up.

:clap:. Exactly. No time for pussy footing around with this party.  

Trump supporters are attacking Fox News, calling them liberal propaganda, for reporting the truth that Dems are taking control of the House. - No political party should have full power over the house and senate, thats way to dangerous...but at the same time it stops any real movement because the partys hardly will work together due to their huge difference in mindsets.

Am seeing so many angry dems in my feed…  did we watching the same election? We're taking control of the House. That's not even up for debate at this point. Also fire the entire Democratic Party leadership. They have no fucking clue what they're doing, and I say this as someone very happy with tonight's election results (no thanks to them)

If Nancy Pelosi becomes the House speaker, you can guarantee a weakened 2020 turnout as a result. Give it to someone younger if you want to keep this youth vote. Get fresh meat into the party. Attack me all you want, it's the truth.

4 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Right wingers are really cemented in so many countries of the world. Was hoping the USA would step up big time but this result definitely has a major lampshade on it as you pointed out. 

The senates a bit funny because the seats up for election were those from six years ago, which was very strongly Democrat then, so even though the republicans picked up some seats, their support compared to the 2016 election is still lower I think. So if the trend continues, Democrats should get control of the senate back in 2 (or maybe 4) years. 

Some good news in Florida - even though the republicans won the governor race, in the future ex-felons will get back the right to vote, which currently unfairly discriminates strongly against minority groups, so expect more democratic support in next election. (Unless there are further unfair barriers introduced like voter ID cards). As crazy as Australia can get sometimes, I am so thankful that here every citizen has the right to vote.   

So, can someone explain - can the House get rid of a president?

Trump is being extra deranged, delusional, and fucking obnoxious to the journalists at the press conference now. He’s pacing back and forth and stomping the stage looking like he’s ready to walk out. Crybaby!

:megamanson:

Published on Nov 7, 2018

President Trump to Jim Acosta: "You should let me run the country. You run CNN." "That's enough. Put down the mic. CNN should be ashamed of itself having you working for them. You are a rude terrible person." Full video here: https://cs.pn/2Da1Rh8