Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

3 hours ago, Supernatural said:

Id say Avenatti for president. The Dems need an outsider ASAP. Someone with a brain, honesty and values. We all know people have lost trust in politicians. Anyone who talks against the system or the Washington elite seem to resonate more to the everyday audience. That was Trumps only strength but he doesnt have a brain, neither honesty and values/compassion.

1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

Id say Avenatti for president. The Dems need an outsider ASAP. Someone with a brain, honesty and values. We all know people have lost trust in politicians. Anyone who talks against the system or the Washington elite seem to resonate more to the everyday audience. That was Trumps only strength but he doesnt have a brain, neither honesty and values/compassion.

Yup. And Avenatti *positively in his sly, slick, suave, vicious stud man way is um..the ONLY one (so far! :/ ) out of the *entire crap-fest (1990s era shiate Dem party) who almost 100% would instantly harpoon Trump etc..on any debate stage anywhere anytime lmao 

On 23 June 2018 at 3:20 AM, Kim said:

His policies and actions are destructive, pointless and evil. This has hardly got any attention and it should be condemned everywhere. Protecting the oceans of the world should be a must for everyone but Trump as usual is spreading his damage everywhere. He could not care less about the environment and is proving that dreadful unforgiveable disregard again. 

10 hours ago, jamesshot said:

Should be a lot lower but I'll take it.

It is upsetting that it is not lower.  I don't get how people can approve of what he is doing, saying, acting and how he has dragged American politics to the lowest gutter.  

Guest jamesshot
2 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

It is upsetting that it is not lower.  I don't get how people can approve of what he is doing, saying, acting and how he has dragged American politics to the lowest gutter.  

It is because we are an oligarchy now. The rich run the GOP and constrain the Dems. They own and run the media. When you have so few people who own 90 plus % of the wealth, well, that is bad and we seeing the consequences. It is enough to get a solid 35% believing anything you tell them. Trump chose the perfect party to run with. They were ripe for the picking. 

On 6/23/2018 at 9:21 PM, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Dems ONLY shot (and they need to figure this shit out like super soon! :/) is to have someone who is a killer and could slice up Trump 24/7 online and the media but likable, charismatic, unifying, attractive, younger or younger-ish and is as anti Hillary, Kerry and Obama as possible.  Must be something different. A Michael Avenetti type...someone who Trump pussies out to. NO more celebs. Someone who has some competence on how the govt. works and gets people off their asses in a way that makes Obama 2008 look like Hillary in 2016. Gut is telling me Kamala Harris is a shoe in for VP nominee but def. not President. 

I’m waiting for every other country to ban Americans from flying into their countries. Just as an act of pure spitefulness to America's supersized and tremendous ego and paranoia. Just for a short while— but enough to give people pause. 

America's nationalism will be the death of the country. This is the new unspoken civil war taking place not just in this country but around the world. A world founded by immigrants. People who set sail and took land from Native Americans and then chose to call their newly acquired land “home.”

The irony is everywhere. The travel ban shows just how powerful utilizing fear is. Fear is never the way we should lead. 

We are all immigrants. Legal or not, we are all trying to do what we can to get through this life we were born into. Some people are dying in other countries. Some women flee because they have no rights. Some families flee because of war. Because of ISIS.

Why is America not a welcoming country? Why are they so hateful? Why do they hate people different than themselves?

We've rotted from the inside out. Not because of gay marriage or Medicaid spending, but because of Der Stürmer-like media such as FOX News and the shit pile of right wing talk radio. Stirring citizens up, all the while they don't know that their ever-worsening lives are because those same outlets are paid for by the ultra wealthy neocons who immediately call for tax cuts and then bankrupt education and healthcare.

This is going to get worse before it gets better. The right has lost its mind, and it can no longer control the hate wagon. It's happening in my own family. I've disowned half of them already.

It'll take the people taking matters into their own hands and standing up to the Republicans before anything is done. Trump's presidency has shown that protesting, emailing, writing, calling, alerting senators does nothing when this administration acts on its own. Look at the FCC that blocked an investigation into fraud. Look at all the things Trump has overturned and done without any scratch or loud rebuttal. It's going to take every woman (not Republican ones), LGBTQ, and minority and those who truly believe in progression to get rid of this foul stench him and his administration are living behind. It's going to get worse with his stranglehold in the Supreme Court now. 

Who is in ANY f'king way surprised!?! lol  Kennedy did good things for gay rights but he's still a sell out tool conservative turd. Look at the last few days of rulings! All one big FU to liberals and moderates. He couldn't care less and as big of a shitbag as all the other far right conservatives on the court. If he was so 'decent' he would've waited until 2019 (just ONE more year), let the damn midterms happen so there wouldn't be even more divisive, 24/7 hateful insanity. Like he didn't know how this would all go down.

Its almost exactly where we were at in 2016. Most important mid term election ever. Just 4 months away. Just a 1 to 2 person majority! McCain can't even vote now so almost 50/50. Crazy. The fact that RBG is basically hanging by a 1/2 a thread and Breyer (both 80+!) absolutely horrifying. Still NO f'king idea why she didn't retire in 2014 at 81. Regardless, even if they both retired we're still looking at least 5 faaar right 1850s era Supreme Court justices for many many years. If ur gay or a non rich straight white male better start looking into Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe etc..like asap! At least update ur resume showing you're open to those countries. lol

Guest jamesshot

I hate to sound too alarmist but with Kennedy retiring, we're fucked. Like FUCKED, if we weren't already. Gay rights is totally on the line now. This court has had NO issue overturning precedent. I am bummed beyond belief now. Our only hope is if the liberals can stay alive, we elect a Dem in 2020 and Thomas croaks (I am not wishing for that but that is the ONLY scenario where this works out favorably) and we replace him with a liberal justice. 

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

1 hour ago, jamesshot said:

I hate to sound too alarmist but with Kennedy retiring, we're fucked. Like FUCKED, if we weren't already. Gay rights is totally on the line now. This court has had NO issue overturning precedent. I am bummed beyond belief now. Our only hope is if the liberals can stay alive, we elect a Dem in 2020 and Thomas croaks (I am not wishing for that but that is the ONLY scenario where this works out favorably) and we replace him with a liberal justice. 

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Theres also been many rumors and buzz Thomas has wanted off the court for a while and may be next to go! No doubt he'd do it only with Trump/Pence in office. He's dreadful. Possibly the worst one (and it's really, really bad and gonna get worse). But in a way since he is 70 in a way he hopefully stays on IF another Democratic even wins again. (only because of his age). If he retires now he'll only be replaced by someone as repulsive but 20-25 years younger! So..there's a VERY good chance Trump/Pence could end up being f'king responsible for replacing at least FOUR justices (if RBG passes away) when all is said and done. 

Guest jamesshot
8 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Theres also been many rumors and buzz Thomas has wanted off the court for a while and may be next to go! No doubt he'd do it only with Trump/Pence in office. He's dreadful. Possibly the worst one (and it's really, really bad and gonna get worse). But in a way since he is 70 in a way he hopefully stays on IF another Democratic even wins again. (only because of his age). If he retires now he'll only be replaced by someone as repulsive but 20-25 years younger! So..there's a VERY good chance Trump/Pence could end up being f'king responsible for replacing at least FOUR justices (if RBG passes away) when all is said and done. 

Or 5 if Breyer goes as well. Scalia died unexpectedly so anything is possible, though not probable. Thomas might retire IF it looks all but certain a Dem would win in 2020. If he doesn't, we need a 2 termer AND a Dem to win in 2028. Texas might be ripe to turn Blue by 2024 and likely 2028. 

Yeah, Kennedy leaving won't change much by way of how the SCOTUS sides with big business, but abortion is over as a nationwide practice: 

https://realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/06/27/cnn_jeffrey_toobin_on_kennedy_retirement_in_18_months_abortion_will_be_illegal_in_20_states.html

Gay marriage could be overturned as well, but I think the chances are less likely than the abortion issue. Also, that baker case on serving a gay couple - well, the new court will likely rule outright that you can discriminate against gays based on religion. That is totally coming unless a miracle happens or John Roberts pulls a Souter.

Yep, liberal-minded folk are pretty fucked. Especially if they live in a red (or even swing) state.

Guest jamesshot

Any good hearted Canadians want to marry me so I can escape what is soon to be a hell hole of a country? It can just be for show until I get my Canadian citizenship. Please?

On 6/22/2018 at 5:00 PM, Magician said:

:shutup:

I know several Cubans (including my brother-in-law) that have made the trek through Mexico to get to the US border - where Cubans (at the time) were granted immediate amnesty to be allowed to stay in the US (within 24 hours), and I can tell you that journey was fucking PERILOUS and nothing at all like a walk through Central Park.

I feel like the media is playing Trump all wrong. They are acting as a massive magnifier, enabling him to spread his awful messages further than he can himself on Twitter. They are reporting on everything he says including all his lies and yes some are now calling him on them sometimes but even when they do that they are ensuring many more people hear the things he says, the lies he tells, and 40+% of the population seems to believe him.  Stop reporting his lies - STOP enabling him.

Guest jamesshot

I am on a poli-sci board from my alma mater. People there are freaking out over this. It appears Justice Kennedy is retiring before he is implicated in this Russian mess. Read this guys twitter and the comments from all the readers. Something is brewing.

I would not at ALL be surprised (as I've said before) if Kennedy is as corrupt, compromised as the rest of the far right side of the court and esp MOST of the minions in the GOP who hijacked Congress. 'Something' clearly and abruptly changed in his entire demeanor, conduct, and rulings (in almost the exact same way as those who were 'Never trump' in a very short suspicious time) His response to the Muslim ban was VERY flimsy and almost hostage style like vs what it would've been pre Trump. Almost no doubt he would've not only voting against gay marriage today but would've been the main writer in the dissent. Gut is telling me, his *timing to leave most def has to do at the min. with Trump and his families super shady cozy relationship but maybe something bigger (Russia at the minimum)