Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

4 minutes ago, horn said:

Obviously Dumpster hasn't visited any Nazi concentration camp.

Last year when I was there for the first time, I was shocked by the demonic & cruelty act and it still gives me the chills even though it's been > 70 years!

Someone should send Dumpster there!

Would not bother him.  That is what kind of heartless person he is. He even defends Nazis in his own party. 

1 minute ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Would not bother him.  That is what kind of heartless person he is. He even defends Nazis in his own party. 

SERIOUSLY?!?! :manson: 

18 minutes ago, horn said:

Obviously Dumpster hasn't visited any Nazi concentration camp.

Last year when I was there for the first time, I was shocked by the demonic & cruelty act and it still gives me the chills even though it's been > 70 years!

Someone should send Dumpster there!

This cunt sat in the same room listening to the testimonies of parents whose kids had been shot to death, then a few weeks later spoke at the National Rifle Association conference giving a full on speech about defending THEIR rights rather than the victims. He is morally bankrupt. As if he cares anything about the holocaust when his own diehard supporters have their own 'final solution' type beliefs. Again, is America just gonna sit back and in a few years say they "didn't know" what was going on? Shame, shame, shame on them!

ProPublica has obtained audio from inside a U.S. Customs and Border Protection facility, in which children can be heard wailing. 

Border Patrol agent jokes, “We have an orchestra here.”

https://www.propublica.org/article/c...ent=1529351580

We’re told not to use the Holocaust as hyperbole because the power and truth of the Holocaust will be lost. Trump has crossed the line of that warning. The comparison to the Holocaust IS APPROPRIATE 

1 minute ago, BrendanT1993 said:

ProPublica has obtained audio from inside a U.S. Customs and Border Protection facility, in which children can be heard wailing. 

Border Patrol agent jokes, “We have an orchestra here.”

https://www.propublica.org/article/c...ent=1529351580

We’re told not to use the Holocaust as hyperbole because the power and truth of the Holocaust will be lost. Trump has crossed the line of that warning. The comparison to the Holocaust IS APPROPRIATE 

Yes that was posted above, hence the topic of conversation.

If the UK government had any fucking balls or weren't dependent on this cunt for trade deals because of the shithole Brexit hole we're about to fall into, they would cancel his visit and ban this orange cunt from the country. 

Speaking as an American, much of the country is disgusted and outraged over this.  Unfortunately, this asswipe of a president wants to stand there and point fingers at the Democrats, while acting like he has no power to change it.  "It's all on the "Democrats", he says.  10 fucking Democrats are keeping it from being changed.  Trump and his minions are sticking to that story, claiming they are following a law that's been put in place by the previous administration.  Okay, so if that's true, then why is it now we're caging and separating the children from parents?  Under the previous administration, a lot of people were kicked out the country, but there was no separating families and caging kids!   I call it pure political bullshit. This is definitely on Trump and his goofy ass policy, so he can play the blame game and continue to smear the opposing party.  You can't tell me a man (and his joke of a lawyer) who claims to have the power to pardon himself or get away with shooting someone in the middle of the street, can't fix this? This is beyond Party lines.  This is cruel and inhumane.  It sickens me to see anyone who defends Trumps words over this (and almost anything else he spills from his mouth).  

I do know that some of the most powerful Republicans are working hard to turn this around.  That's a good sign, but for now it's not good enough!!  A part of me really feels that before things get better, it has to get worse.  I feel we're at our worst.  I'm ashamed of what this country has become. I don't recognize what it's become.  I know a lot of people like me are on the right side of the fence, but it seems no matter how much we vote, voice our opinions and protest, we're just kicked in the face and told to "shut the hell up, snowflake!".  And I'm not naive, a lot of this country came about because of political greed and corruption.  But enough is enough! 

He's holding the children hostage. Essentially, he's said that they stay in the prison camps away from their parents until he gets the money to build his wall. If it works, he'll know it's an effective tactic and he'll add it to his regular repertoire in the future.

1 minute ago, LSD said:

He's holding the children hostage. Essentially, he's said that they stay in the prison camps away from their parents until he gets the money to build his wall. If it works, he'll know it's an effective tactic and he'll add it to his regular repertoire in the future.

Unfortunately, that's him in a nutshell.  When I heard him stand there and tell reporters that it's "all on the democrats" and make the excuse "10 democrats" are keeping this from changing, I thought, what a load of Bologna!  And any humane person could see by blaming this on the previous administration is pure nonsense since the previous administration did not cage and separate the children from their parents.  This is all a game to him.  It's sick and it sickens me to know some are defending it, thinking this is the way to go to "make America great again!"  Ugh!!  It was far greater than what is now before that blowtard entered the White House!!  

22 minutes ago, LSD said:

That's exactly what he's doing. It's been reported that this plan was being concocted months ago. They know what they're doing.

38 minutes ago, LSD said:

So are you and your friends planning on going down to picket those Walmart prisons?

Are the thousands of women who marched for.. er... women, before his presidency even started, now out there marching in their thousand for these kids in cages?

Are any of these senators sitting on their hands now feeling scared for their jobs because of the intense public backlash that one would assume is happening? etc ...

Or is it just business as usual?

When/if Trump comes to the UK this summer, I'll be out on the street I can assure you.

23 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

I believe they are planning nationwide protests across the country and a main one in DC for June 30.

The resistance is building.  Let's hope those who have short attention spans stick with it and not bashed protesters.  Also, I hope the protests are peaceful or it will defeat the purpose.  No doubt, there will be some who will rip into the protestors anyway. 

11 hours ago, Kim said:

So what y'all doing while  your country (the land of the free) rips kids from their parents and puts them in cages? Nothing? Thought so...

I live in liberal New York City which is always very anti-Trump. I’ve been to a few demonstrations since the 2016 election and I frequently complain to my state’s senators and representatives phone lines and webpages to be much more aggressive opposing Trump’s constant worsening nonsense, and to convince their wimpy Democratic colleagues in other states to step up to the plate too. They’re not doing enough. They should ALL be loudly calling Trump out on his shit every day and urging the public to speak out and act out. I’m looking into donating to legal aid organizations for defending immigrants. It’s getting scary that Trump’s ICE agents are now even harassing and falsely arresting LEGAL immigrants here in NYC of all places! :bad:

14 minutes ago, Magician said:

I live in liberal New York City which is always very anti-Trump. I’ve been to a few demonstrations since the 2016 election and I frequently complain to my state’s senators and representatives phone lines and webpages to be much more aggressive opposing Trump’s constant worsening nonsense, and to convince their wimpy Democratic colleagues in other states to step up to the plate too. They’re not doing enough. They should ALL be loudly calling Trump out on his shit every day and urging the public to speak out and act out. I’m looking into donating to legal aid organizations for defending immigrants. It’s getting scary that Trump’s ICE agents are now even harassing and falsely arresting LEGAL immigrants here in NYC of all places! :bad:

Good, more people should be taking a leaf out of your book!

I see too many gays and women online turning the other way because it's not directly affecting them...YET.

Guest jamesshot
11 minutes ago, Kim said:

Good, more people should be taking a leaf out of your book!

I see too many gays and women online turning the other way because it's not directly affecting them...YET.

They're sadly mistaken if they think that. His policies are already very anti-gay, he put in place a very anti-gay SC justice. If Anthony Kennedy retires or dies (please no) who was the one conservative justice siding with the four liberals who allowed gay marriage and is replaced by Trump, then all bets are off. His lower court judges, of which he is getting a ton in place, are going to wreak havoc on all rights.

I've been active demonstrating, calling, and donating forever. I interned for Congressman Gene Green in college. I volunteer for many Dem candidates. It's exhausting but needs to be done.

26 minutes ago, jamesshot said:

They're sadly mistaken if they think that. His policies are already very anti-gay, he put in place a very anti-gay SC justice. If Anthony Kennedy retires or dies (please no) who was the one conservative justice siding with the four liberals who allowed gay marriage and is replaced by Trump, then all bets are off. His lower court judges, of which he is getting a ton in place, are going to wreak havoc on all rights.

Hell mend them.

Guest jamesshot
47 minutes ago, Supernatural said:

Rachel Maddow ended tonight's show crying.

Aren't we all? Fingers crossed the left doesn't once again fracture if we don't get the perfect candidate next time. I don't see anyone on the horizon who will make everyone on the left happy. The left needs to follow the right- fall in line! The stakes are high as we now see. Why does the left never learn( 2000, 2016)?

Tender age shelters for children snatched from their parents?! And I read they expect to add more of these “shelters”. There needs to be fucking riots in front of the White House!

5 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

There's a protest planned in my city this Saturday. 

I'll be there. 

2 hours ago, Magician said:

:clap:   :clap:

5 minutes ago, Magician said:

Tender age shelters for babies snatched from their parents?! And I read they expect to add more of these “shelters”. There needs to be fucking riots in front of the White House!

Absolutely disgusting.  If this does not get decent Americans up in arms,  I don't know what on earth will.  

Little children in cages crying for their parents and babies being separated from their mothers and being sent to shelters.  It is beyond inhumane and an absolute blight on the United States.  

26 minutes ago, LSD said:

Every single person in the Trump administration needs to be hounded 24/7 like this, even when they’re trying to sleep. They don’t deserve any comforts in life for playing a part in ruining so many people’s lives and this country itself.

11 hours ago, Kim said:

There were a few (some here) who laughed at the Nazi comparisons. But let's face it, you have people sitting on their hands doing fuck all while races of people are scapegoated, made out to be subhuman, immigrants demonised, human rights forfeited...the list goes on. Those who do nothing and refuse to see the historical parallels are complicit

FACT.