Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

Guest jamesshot

President of the USA, calling an actor grade school names while using his typical bruised ego fueled hyperbole. SMFH

9 minutes ago, Magician said:

These are people not animals my God 

Heartless,  evil and revolting.  How can anyone treat people like this in 2018. :banghead::cries:. 

Stephen Colbert said it all the other night on his show.  From 0.55 onwards 

Guest jamesshot

This whole administration is revolting, toxic and evil. The damage done will be long lasting. The Dems could put up the perfect candidate but the fix is in. He is showbiz and know how entertain which is what the people, and the media, want. The media, regardless of how "liberal" idiots think they are, want a Trump second term. 

A virulent drain of Right wing extremism is taking over the world mostly over immigration/migration. The left needs to figure this issue out or it is lights out for the left for many years.

3 hours ago, jamesshot said:

This whole administration is revolting, toxic and evil. The damage done will be long lasting. The Dems could put up the perfect candidate but the fix is in. He is showbiz and know how entertain which is what the people, and the media, want. The media, regardless of how "liberal" idiots think they are, want a Trump second term. 

A virulent drain of Right wing extremism is taking over the world mostly over immigration/migration. The left needs to figure this issue out or it is lights out for the left for many years.

Agree. daily dreadful drama shit *show* (key word) Yes, the media is having meltdowns on camera but they've never done better (TV and print). All comes down to what the head of CBS said (which is how every one of them feels even if they deny it) "Trump won't good for the country, but good for us". That sums it up. Like a shitty, dumb down, D list horror sci fi show. Critically bashed but the studios are doing a killing and people can't turn away and keep watching and desensitized.

His #s are at an all time HIGH! :sick::scared: Things were bad a year ago but not this bad. Yet his #s were like 10 points less! If anything shit is 100x more off the right wing rails, higher gas prices etc etc...Nah..I think this is what most of America is about and Trump just empowered every one of the closeted or semi closeted racists, bigots, thugs and low lives in a way they've never been. Basically EVERY straight white guy worships this beast. #s with them and his party are insanely high. TOTAL cult. Not at all policy. Economy can crash..worse than 2008- he ain't losing them. I knew that from day 1. He is them. He'll easily win again even if with just 40%. Many people will challenge him.  All those votes get split up and he wins (again) by default/ fluke. Only semi shot is if the Dems put up a Michael Avenetti like candidate. Hot, younger, media savvy, charismatic, pitbull, likable, and can get people (esp. young people) off their asses to vote! I can't think of 1 senator who is worth a shit. Only Hillary and Obama 2.0s. :/ 

Guest jamesshot

The vast majority of the GOP says nothing about his racism and vulgarity because they have long felt the exact same way tRump does. Sadly, the USA is an oligarchy and those rich assholes will never allow the Dems to do much. Money runs campaigns now and the oligarchs will crush the Dems if they feel threatened.

So what y'all doing while  your country (the land of the free) rips kids from their parents and puts them in cages? Nothing? Thought so...

The last year has been so horrendous in terms of politics and Trump has just skated through everything by denying, distracting, lying, blaming and using his propaganda station, FoxNews, to cover for him. I thought, if he can deflect the fact that a NAZI ran over a crowd of people and killed one of them, then there really is nothing he can do to crack the support of his base.

Then these images of children in cages started coming up. And this policy of ripping families apart just blew up. I thought to myself 'maybe this is it....'

But it's not. His supporters are still standing by him. Still believing him when he says it's the democrats fault, Obama's fault, that he can't do anything to stop. He says he's just following 'the law'. The talking heads on Fox are taking his cue and repeating everything he says on air.

There is no policy too grotesque. No lie too demonstrably false. No behavior too crude. There's nothing - nothing - that is going to change these peoples minds about him. He will continue to hold together 35-40% of this country as part of his 'cult'. He'll keep 10-15% disillusioned to the point of tuning out completely. And the rest is the liberal and progressive base that isn't big enough to stop him. 

This is what we've become. This is who we are. And as horrifying as it sounds, I don't see an end in sight. 

Guest jamesshot
2 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

The last year has been so horrendous in terms of politics and Trump has just skated through everything by denying, distracting, lying, blaming and using his propaganda station, FoxNews, to cover for him. I thought, if he can deflect the fact that a NAZI ran over a crowd of people and killed one of them, then there really is nothing he can do to crack the support of his base.

Then these images of children in cages started coming up. And this policy of ripping families apart just blew up. I thought to myself 'maybe this is it....'

But it's not. His supporters are still standing by him. Still believing him when he says it's the democrats fault, Obama's fault, that he can't do anything to stop. He says he's just following 'the law'. The talking heads on Fox are taking his cue and repeating everything he says on air.

There is no policy too grotesque. No lie too demonstrably false. No behavior too crude. There's nothing - nothing - that is going to change these peoples minds about him. He will continue to hold together 35-40% of this country as part of his 'cult'. He'll keep 10-15% disillusioned to the point of tuning out completely. And the rest is the liberal and progressive base that isn't big enough to stop him. 

This is what we've become. This is who we are. And has horrifying as it sounds, I don't see an end in sight. 

You nailed it! I've never quite seen anything like this in this country. 

A friend, who is a teacher and has been out for a long time, was suddenly let go from his job (in a non-union state of course). The teachers at his school voted 90% for Trump. He told his friend that after Trump, these nice, friendly teachers just turned on him like they had cover now. Before, he had a leadership position, had glowing reviews every year. 

I've seen the deplorables (Hillary NAILED this) become so emboldened. Ironic most of these people are DEVOUT Christians yet they are ok with this because, well, they see his actions are strength. Never mind they wouldnt't give A FUCK if these immigrants were WHITE coming from Norway. 

I don't see an end in sight, either. Independents are turned off completely BUT the economy is doing great ( Thank you, President Obama!). That will keep enough of them either voting for him or not voting at all. Though, isn't it AMAZING how the 2016 election was about how AWFUL the white working class was doing and that is why he was elected? Suddenly, without one piece of legislation passing, he is sworn in and you NEVER heard about their struggles again. Like magic, a white man is sworn in and suddenly they good! They didn't pass one piece of legislation until a full year into his first term and the economy was doing just as good as Obama's last year or two. 

1 hour ago, horn said:

WTF?! :manson: Is this a concentration camp?!

There were a few (some here) who laughed at the Nazi comparisons. But let's face it, you have people sitting on their hands doing fuck all while races of people are scapegoated, made out to be subhuman, immigrants demonised, human rights forfeited...the list goes on. Those who do nothing and refuse to see the historical parallels are complicit

If Americans can't see what a vile,  cruel,, racist, sexist, heartless and evil government they have in power, they are well and truly burying their heads in the sand.  The senators of the Republican Party who sit back and watch this happen without comment or condemnation will not be remembered at all well in the future.  It is frightening and appalling what they are doing to their own people and also the disdain and contempt they show to other countries of the world. 

Guest jamesshot
13 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

If Americans can't see what a vile,  cruel,, racist, sexist, heartless and evil government they have in power, they are well and truly burying their heads in the sand.  The senators of the Republican Party who sit back and watch this happen without comment or condemnation will not be remembered at all well in the future.  It is frightening and appalling what they are doing to their own people and also the disdain and contempt they show to other countries of the world. 

A plurality see it but 40% are completely ok with this. They either don't believe it or are in total support. Many have just tuned out. They chose their man and look the other way now. There is SO MUCH cynicism in America right now. The Republicans have spent decades demonizing government at all levels. That 40% just have no faith in our institutions because of this. Even many on the left have become cynics. It's why I found Bernie's talk of a rigged system so dangerous. It caused so many on the left to become cynical as well. Add the Russian interference and it was a perfect shit storm. A good 10% are holding on to a little faith in our institutions. Propaganda and conspiracy theories have formed a malignancy and it is spreading. I

I feel like I'm watching the slow death of America. We're an oligarchy now. The rich would never allow a FDR type to come to power and enact something like the New Deal now. They SCREAM and CRY over their taxes still. Billionaires crying about paying a pittance STILL and so many middle class carry their water for them. They are in control and as long as our Pretendadent keeps the economy humming, they will allow this. I hope I'm wrong.

Obviously Dumpster hasn't visited any Nazi concentration camp.

Last year when I was there for the first time, I was shocked by the demonic & cruelty act and it still gives me the chills even though it's been > 70 years!

Someone should send Dumpster there!