Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

My GOD.

Trump’s bullshit is one thing, but the talking heads on CNN defending him are another :rotfl:

He could rant to an audience of White Supremacists in a Nazi sweatshirt & STILL get a pass: “Oh, that wasn’t the president’s intention!”

44 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Enough. At the point now he needs to just topple over slow, hard and painful or get smoked. Don't care who or how..just needs to happen like NOW! lol Shit... hole stain on humanity that contributes NOTHING but evil. Cannot wait 10 months for the f'king midterms or 'Mueller'. I still think he kind of knows what he's doing, must know he's gonna go down very hard w/ the probe and basically wants Civil War/ people on the street fighting. That's his and Bannons whole philosophy  since day 1. Straight white man America is destroying the world. 

Pretty much.

He's just cancelled his February visit to London because he objects to the Obama decision to relocate the US Embassy building. One major purpose of the visit was to officially open the new embassy.  But...the decision to relocate the building was made by GW Bush and not Obama and it was made for sensible logistical reasons.  :crazy:

I try to be selective with my outrage over this man, because every day is some fresh hell from him or one of his minions, but his shithole comments really got to me. It's so blatantly racist that he's not even trying to  hide it anymore. Nor is anyone else who supports him. It's just like 'Yeah, he said it, let's move on'. I never thought, in my lifetime, that I'd be witnessing full blown racism and bigotry come out of the White House. It defies logic how anyone can still support him.

He continues to degrade the presidency in ways that I never though possible. 

To think some still think if the supposed Apprentice N word tapes suddenly drops that'll 'do him in'. lol ONLY thing he's ever been truthful about was the shooting people on 5th Avenue comment. Tape could drop showing him raping that 13 year old girl and they still would NOT care! Refer to Roy Moore/Alabama. Shit is totally tribal. Who on the other side(s) is gonna undo this? He may be nuts but everything was basically surgically planned well in advance. Spout out the same divisive toxic shit, lie and lie, spin and spin...repeat to a country filled with redneck racists suckers (in just enough places). Most of America is desensitized to this horrific shit and will STILL reelect him. Watch! This will only make his 35% even more ROCK solid then he'll somehow get that additional 10% of 'shy Trump voters' who somewhere in themselves share his beliefs..all of them and are as ugly as him

4 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

To think some still think if the supposed Apprentice N word tapes suddenly drops that'll 'do him in'. lol ONLY thing he's ever been truthful about was the shooting people on 5th Avenue comment. He may be nuts but everything was basically surgically planned well in advance. Spout out the same divisive toxic shit, lie and lie, spin and spin...repeat to a country filled with redneck racists suckers (in just enough places). Most of America is desensitized to this horrific shit and will STILL reelect him. Watch! This will only make his 35% even more ROCK solid then he'll somehow get that additional 10% of 'shy Trump voters' who somewhere in themselves share his beliefs..all of them and are as ugly as him

And the Democrats will choose the lamest person ever to run, their entire campaign will be 0 substance and 100% Complaining about Trump. And as always, everyone will be to blame, except for the Democrats :lol: 

7 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

And the Democrats will choose the lamest person ever to run, their entire campaign will be 0 substance and 100% Complaining about Trump. And as always, everyone will be to blame, except for the Democrats :lol: 

This. Gut keeps telling me it's gonna be Tracy Flick from Election- Kristin Gillibrand/Booker (Hillary lite mixed in with Obama lite). :snore::snore: Two super textbook career politicians from an 80s or 90s kit. Or somethin super close/ sedating! 

Oh and as for this perception he's totally flipping out or flipped out then how was someone so unstable able to put on that spectacle earlier in the week for an hour playing the 'role' of a normal, bipartisan president who finally did the big grand 'pivot' everyone was waiting for lmao. To the point some of the usual imbeciles in the media (including CNN) actually went there again- basically saying he became president today :doh:He KNEW his shithole comments would leak to the media esp with a Dem being there! And KNEW there would be this uproar <achem distraction>! What is NO one talking about now? Russia/Mueller. How is anyone not seeing the tired, stale pattern already?! 

I go back and forth about him winning reelection. 

He ONLY won because of 70,000 votes in 3 states. Dems will NOT fly over PA, MI, and WI again. And if turnout is anywhere near where it has been for these special elections, it's conceivable to think they could win back NC, FL, OH, and maybe even AZ for the first time in 30 years. 

1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

I try to be selective with my outrage over this man, because every day is some fresh hell from him or one of his minions, but his shithole comments really got to me. It's so blatantly racist that he's not even trying to  hide it anymore. Nor is anyone else who supports him. It's just like 'Yeah, he said it, let's move on'. I never thought, in my lifetime, that I'd be witnessing full blown racism and bigotry come out of the White House. It defies logic how anyone can still support him.

He continues to degrade the presidency in ways that I never though possible. 

This.

Sometimes I dream to blow up the White House but I know this is not the solution in reality.

We must not let racism to be taken so softly.

23 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

I go back and forth about him winning reelection. 

He ONLY won because of 70,000 votes in 3 states. Dems will NOT fly over PA, MI, and WI again. And if turnout is anywhere near where it has been for these special elections, it's conceivable to think they could win back NC, FL, OH, and maybe even AZ for the first time in 30 years. 

Yes, but the economy IS better, Unemployment IS down, immigration numbers are the best ever (a 15+ years long trend), etc., etc. That's all most voters care about.

29 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Yes, but the economy IS better, Unemployment IS down, immigration numbers are the best ever (a 15+ years long trend), etc., etc. That's all most voters care about.

True. But the election is a few years away and anything can happen. These economic numbers can't sustain themselves forever. And republicans do a spectacular job of crashing the U.S economy with all of their deregulation's that allows Wall Street to create their very own playground. 

IF the economy teeters, he's gone. That's the ONLY thing propping him up. If it's still chugging along, it's a 50/50 chance at best. It truly will go down to who the Dem's nominate. 

I’m sick and tired of this Republicans vs Democrats war. Since when we need to politicise the way we treat or we refer to other human beings? This is not about Republicans and Democrats. I’m sure many Republicans feel disgusted in their insides when they think of Trump. 

And the myth of the economy growth in the US is just another smoke and mirror used by Trump and his minions to brainwash gullible Americans. Obama paved the way for this growth. Trump didn’t take America after a recession like Obama did. And of course all he did was to help the likes of himself cutting trillions worth of tax to the very wealthy. Americans are in for a rude awakening when they realise it was all a big ploy to get the rich richer. Even a 6yo can see that. 

I wonder why Trump felt the need to say he wants immigrants from Norway. What can a Norwegian bring to the US that an immigrant from Africa can’t? Oh yeah the colour of their skin. Pathetically racist through and through. 

9 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

True. But the election is a few years away and anything can happen. These economic numbers can't sustain themselves forever. And republicans do a spectacular job of crashing the U.S economy with all of their deregulation's that allows Wall Street to create their very own playground. 

IF the economy teeters, he's gone. That's the ONLY thing propping him up. If it's still chugging along, it's a 50/50 chance at best. It truly will go down to who the Dem's nominate. 

Yup. This all feels VERY 2004-07 ish when the markets and economy were on fire..at least appeared to be...then Sept. 2008. Plus, we have Trump now. When Bush looks like JFK that sums up what's coming. To think with the economy and massively inflated market he still struggles to get 40% on his best day. Imagine if he was semi competent, semi likable, semi less of a pos. Bitch got this ALL handed to him from Obama so if Jeb or any generic Repub. was in office they would easily be at 60%+ approval now. 

16 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Yup. This all feels VERY 2004-07 ish when the markets and economy were on fire..at least appeared to be...then Sept. 2008. Plus, we have Trump now. When Bush looks like JFK that sums up what's coming. To think with the economy and massively inflated market he still struggles to get 40% on his best day. Imagine if he was semi competent, semi likable, semi less of a pos. Bitch got this ALL handed to him from Obama so if Jeb or any generic Repub. was in office they would easily be at 60%+ approval now. 

The economic collapse of the 00s was a very long time in the making. It wasn't 1 particular decision that led to it. 

It was Wall St., the housing bubble / subprime mortgage crisis crisis, extremely high household debts, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac... I could go on and on. 

These were all practices that were happening throughout the entire developed world and why so many (all?) of those developed countries went into recessions, the effects of which we mortals are all still dealing with today. Except for the automobile market where they give any old schmuck credit to buy and pimp their rides, none of this is really happening right now. h

Something I always find perplexing is how people blindly overlook what Trump does and says even though they see his tweets and hear his speeches. Had a conversation yesterday with someone whose opinion I have always valued and was shocked to hear he now wants Trump to be re-elected. His reason was that too many celebrities are against him and he hates Elites.  He also said that he knows Trump is a racist, sexist billionaire but wants to stick it up Hollywood.  :wacko:

So he basically would support a millionaire who does nothing for the working class, is part of the elite himself,  is doing so much damage, is openly racist and sexist because some actors etc spoke out against him.  Shocking reasoning and way of putting their heads truly in the sand. 

14 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Something I always find perplexing is how people blindly overlook what Trump does and says even though they see his tweets and hear his speeches. Had a conversation yesterday with someone whose opinion I have always valued and was shocked to hear he now wants Trump to be re-elected. His reason was that too many celebrities are against him and he hates Elites.  He also said that he knows Trump is a racist, sexist billionaire but wants to stick it up Hollywood.  :wacko:

So he basically would support a millionaire who does nothing for the working class, is part of the elite himself,  is doing so much damage, is openly racist and sexist because some actors etc spoke out against him.  Shocking reasoning and way of putting their heads truly in the sand. 

Was he white? I know you guys are going to get mad at me, but only a white heterosexual male feels entitled enough to speak in such a “i have no idea what I’m talking about but here’s my opinion that’s based on absolutely nothing, and don’t you dare question it.” 

12 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

Was he white? I know you guys are going to get mad at me, but only a white heterosexual male feels entitled enough to speak in such a “i have no idea what I’m talking about but here’s my opinion that’s based on absolutely nothing, and don’t you dare question it.” 

Yes, He is Dutch and has lived here for 20 odd years.  It was at work and he commented about a clip on the news he saw of Robert De Niro trashing Trump and then went into the full "Hollywood elite"  rant.  I always thought he disliked Trump as well so shocked that he would rather Trump than Hollywood stars who don't affect him. 

22 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes, He is Dutch and has lived here for 20 odd years.  It was at work and he commented about a clip on the news he saw of Robert De Niro trashing Trump and then went into the full "Hollywood elite"  rant.  I always thought he disliked Trump as well so shocked that he would rather Trump than Hollywood stars who don't affect him. 

And they totally turn a blind eye to the fact that Trump basically spent the last few decades as part of that "Hollywood Elite" (or essentially as someone who desperately wanted to be a part of it).

Right-wing propaganda is powerful.