MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

Trump Swift strikes again but the world is slowly opening its eyes to this right wing posterchild

5 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:lmao: people choose songs as wedding themes and don't even listen to the lyrics. 

Other hilarious choices are " Saving all my love for you " by Whitney Houston which is a song about a mistress admitting that she and her lover only share stolen moments as he has a family.  Carrie Bickmore said she wanted " Every breath you take " by the police until a friend told her to really listen to the lyrics. She thought it was a simple love song !  Dolly Parton has laughed about the use of " I will always love you "  which she wrote being used as a wedding song which is a break up song in reality. 

One of my favourite music wedding scenes in a movie is the use of " I do I do I do I do " by Abba !  Classic movie and hilarious 

Fetus Toni Collette :inlove:

Shame she’s had a lot of supporting roles but very few leads. Ahem. Still remains one of the few great romantic comedies I can watch without cringing.

2 minutes ago, Marco said:

Fetus Toni Collette :inlove:

Shame she’s had a lot of supporting roles but very few leads. Ahem. Still remains one of the few great romantic comedies I can watch without cringing.

She is brilliant. Was fantastic in the Sixth Sense as well amongst other roles. 

Muriel's wedding is my all time favourite Australian movie. 

1 minute ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I SOOOO LOVE Muriel's Wedding. It's seriously so good! Tragicomic at its very best. That part about her mother? I'm already in tears only thinking about it. The whole movie is just perfect. Toni is one of my favorites since the movie came out. She's brilliant at everything she does. And I'm not exaggerating! 

3 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Also loved her in Little Miss Sunshine and In Her Shoes, which also featured one of Cameron Diaz’s best performances. Too bad she sticks mostly to trashy rom-coms and is good friends with The Goop. No longer find her cool.

11 minutes ago, Lolo said:

I SOOOO LOVE Muriel's Wedding. It's seriously so good! Tragicomic at its very best. That part about her mother? I'm already in tears only thinking about it. The whole movie is just perfect. Toni is one of my favorites since the movie came out. She's brilliant at everything she does. And I'm not exaggerating! 

Lolo, it is an incredible movie. How rare to have a movie where we are laughing at scenes and then crying in others. The story of her mother was so heart breaking and beautifully told. 

10 minutes ago, Marco said:

Also loved her in Little Miss Sunshine and In Her Shoes, which also featured one of Cameron Diaz’s best performances. Too bad she sticks mostly to trashy rom-coms and is good friends with The Goop. No longer find her cool.

Loved her in those movies too. 

56 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Lolo, it is an incredible movie. How rare to have a movie where we are laughing at scenes and then crying in others. The story of her mother was so heart breaking and beautifully told.

The story with Rhonda’s tumor and Muriel being constantly belittled by a psychologically abusive father were also heartbreaking.

On a lighter note, that scene near the end when Rhonda call the bullies “a bunch of cocksuckers” and one of them takes it so personally cracks me up 😆

Toni and Muriel - the best that could ever have happened to this thread! 

UnsteadyWeeFluke-max-1mb.gif

41 minutes ago, Marco said:

The story with Rhonda’s tumor and Muriel being constantly belittled by a psychologically abusive father were also heartbreaking.

On a lighter note, that scene near the end when Rhonda call the bullies “a bunch of cocksuckers” and one of them takes it so personally cracks me up 😆

anigif_enhanced-23148-1392784604-5.gif

4 hours ago, jonski43 said:

anigif_enhanced-23148-1392784604-5.gif

i’ve always found Sophie Lee to be a completely crap actress, but she was pretty good in Muriel’s Wedding. Her and Chook were a classic bogan couple

Now that End Game is being dumped at US radio, was is swiffer’s next move??? Give up on the era????? 

9 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

For sure !   I still remember driving to work once and deciding to put on the radio only to hear " Someone like you"  on every single station I turned on.  It was a nightmare in the daytime !  

I absolutely detest Someone Like You.  It must one of the most narled,  dreary,  bland,  monotonous, plodding, depressing, pitiful songs I've heard.  It's fucking awful. 

For sure !   I still remember driving to work once and deciding to put on the radio only to hear " Someone like you"  on every single station I turned on.  It was a nightmare in the daytime !  

I absolutely detest Someone Like You.  It must one of the most narled,  dreary,  bland,  monotonous, plodding, depressing, pitiful songs I've heard.  It's fucking awful. 

57 minutes ago, nightcutter said:

We get the message 😀

But yes, what do you do when you've had four singles come and go and it's still three months until the tour!!!

5 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

We get the message 😀

But yes, what do you do when you've had four singles come and go and it's still three months until the tour!!!

How is her tour doing? 1989 grossed nearly 300M but I hope this one doesn’t surpass it or come near it

2 hours ago, Marco said:

How is her tour doing? 1989 grossed nearly 300M but I hope this one doesn’t surpass it or come near it

The slow-ticketing method is working wonders. She slowly ain't selling shit. 

3 hours ago, nightcutter said:

It's the worst. And she's also constantly pitchy as fuck but I'm apparently the only one who hears it.

10 hours ago, Lolo said:

Toni and Muriel - the best that could ever have happened to this thread! 

UnsteadyWeeFluke-max-1mb.gif

:lol:

4 hours ago, nightcutter said:

Agree 100 %  

23 minutes ago, vocalism said:

It's the worst. And she's also constantly pitchy as fuck but I'm apparently the only one who hears it.

You are not the only one !   

11 hours ago, vocalism said:

I find her to be yet another one of those “big voices” who lacks the ability to emote and reaches high notes for the sake of it :wacko:

6 hours ago, Marco said:

I find her to be yet another one of those “big voices” who lacks the ability to emote and reaches high notes for the sake of it :wacko:

But my problem is that she doesn't reach high notes. She's pitchy as hell and her voice isn't as powerful as people seem to always be saying. Whitney and Mariah might have oversung, but they were technically impressive. I hear/feel the emotion in Adele's songs, I just don't understand why she's celebrated for being such a great singer/voice. She's no Whitney or Mariah. Or even Kelly Clarkson for that matter. 

I thought I was the only one who detests Someone like you lol! It's like a banshee set loose, awful, my ears bleed everytime's on the radio.

Don't get me wrong. Adele as a person is cool and funny as fuck. And I like a lot of her songs. But "Someone Like You" is dreadful and she's an overrated vocalist. 

The shitty new Toilet Trump album came and went, and so her thread effortlessly derails into a Toni Collette and Adele thread  :lmao: