MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

New Taylor Swift thread: slow tour ticket sales. Downscaling imminent?

49 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

It's just ridiculous. Lil Wayne, Drake and Taylor swift all have more top 40 hits than the Beatles or Madonna??? 

They've not even got five memorable songs between them!

Meh, doesn't really matter, they are all from eras where song features and streaming album tracks gain you chart entries. Madonna, The Beatles, Elvis etc all earned their hits.

I went into my local supermarket yesterday where they were selling 3 cd's for £20 - Albums from Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith and P!nk were selling like crazy, but hers didn't look like it had been touched at all. I even went into HMV and again - loads of copies on the shelves. Poor toilet shite. That's what you get for being cunty to Katy. :lmao:

On 12/13/2017 at 10:02 PM, Leebf said:

Im hearing that the greedy bitch increased the ticket prices after the presale. Looks like she is charging Madonna prices. She obviously wants to break Madonna's touring grosses/records.

Also can see people complaining about the secrecy in Australia about her seating plan. Live nation have put up the layout plan but have not shown each price section. Everyone on facebook is hounding them to release the sections. I have a feeling that 80% of the seats will the top price tier. Hence the secrecy then if they dont sell out they can lower prices and no one can tell that they have.

I hope it backfires and she can't sell out or has to reduce prices tomove tickets. Now that would be great to see that for trying to rip of her young fans. 

It took madonna over 20 years in business to charge high prices & she proved tour after tour that she was worth the prices.

I am yet to see anything (music or performance) swift has done to show that she is worth these prices! 

I can't wait for her and Sheeran and all the other white bland vanilla "artists" that are currently popular peak and fade away. We need a new music revolution.

nicely said. she's a spoiled brat. they want all the bragging rights and awards without doing the work. same with goober.

Taylor isn't known for being a performer. she's just bland on stage. she wants to break records but she's a shit performer. 

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:07 PM, 5iVe Elements said:

I own three of her albums.

BAN

11 hours ago, Hector said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8070805/taylor-swift-end-game-top-40-hot-100-chart-moves

Hot 100 Chart Moves: Taylor Swift Tallies 55th Top 40 Hit With 'End Game'

12/15/2017 by Gary Trust

"End Game," Taylor Swift feat. Ed Sheeran and Future

02-taylor-swift-ed-sheeran-jingle-ball-l

The song vaults 83-39 in its third week on the Hot 100 (after debuting at No. 86 two weeks ago), following parent album Reputation's wide release to streaming services Dec. 1. Previously, only the set's four pre-release tracks were available for streaming. Those four songs all hit the Hot 100's top 40: "Look What You Made Me Do" (three weeks at No. 1); "…Ready for It?" (No. 4); "Gorgeous" (No. 13); and "Call It What You Want" (No. 27).

"End Game," now Reputation's fifth top 40 hit, drew 7.6 million U.S. streams in the tracking week, according to Nielsen Music. It also jumps 15-10 on the Digital Song Sales chart, up 40 percent to 24,000 downloads sold, and 45-38 on Radio Songs (31 million audience impressions, up 26 percent).

Swift tallies her 55th top 40 Hot 100 hit, the fifth-best total in the chart's history. Elvis Presley leads with 80 top 40 titles, dating to the chart's Aug. 4, 1958, launch (more than two years after he began appearing on various Billboard charts).

Artists With the Most Top 40 Hot 100 Hits
80, Elvis Presley
71, Lil Wayne
67, Drake
57, Elton John
55, Taylor Swift
51, Glee Cast
50, The Beatles
49, Madonna
49, Rihanna
47, JAY-Z

:lmao:

Another like Beyonce.  55 singles???????????  Public can only name like six!!!! 

LIL WAYNE!  :rotfl:

DRAKE!!!!  :lol:

OK somebody bans charts forever!!!!! 

2 hours ago, Crux said:

I went into my local supermarket yesterday where they were selling 3 cd's for £20 - Albums from Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith and P!nk were selling like crazy, but hers didn't look like it had been touched at all. I even went into HMV and again - loads of copies on the shelves. Poor toilet shite. That's what you get for being cunty to Katy. :lmao:

Not that Katy is selling much precisely :lol:

I guess that's what you get from behaving like a ten year old to appeal to little girls. Both Katy and Taylor behaved like half retards for too long. 

40 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Omg GLEE!!!!!!!

I can't :rotfl:

IKR. Imagine someone in 20 years who will wonder WTF could be a Glee Cast? no one remembers this mediocre series only 3 years after its end! :lol:

14 hours ago, Hector said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8070805/taylor-swift-end-game-top-40-hot-100-chart-moves

12/15/2017 by Gary Trust

The song vaults 83-39 in its third week on the Hot 100 (after debuting at No. 86 two weeks ago), following parent album Reputation's wide release to streaming services Dec. 1. Previously, only the set's four pre-release tracks were available for streaming. Those four songs all hit the Hot 100's top 40: "Look What You Made Me Do" (three weeks at No. 1); "…Ready for It?" (No. 4); "Gorgeous" (No. 13); and "Call It What You Want" (No. 27).

"End Game," now Reputation's fifth top 40 hit, drew 7.6 million U.S. streams in the tracking week, according to Nielsen Music. It also jumps 15-10 on the Digital Song Sales chart, up 40 percent to 24,000 downloads sold, and 45-38 on Radio Songs (31 million audience impressions, up 26 percent).

Swift tallies her 55th top 40 Hot 100 hit, the fifth-best total in the chart's history. Elvis Presley leads with 80 top 40 titles, dating to the chart's Aug. 4, 1958, launch (more than two years after he began appearing on various Billboard charts).

80, Elvis Presley
71, Lil Wayne
67, Drake
57, Elton John
55, Taylor Swift
51, Glee Cast
50, The Beatles
49, Madonna
49, Rihanna
47, JAY-Z

These numbers are just not comparable. Album tracks and non-singles were not eligible for the Hot 100 like there are now. Into the Groove, Beautiful Stranger, American Pie are just the tip of the iceberg. Same situation for Elvis and the Beatles. Billboard should always mention this fact or just stop with these lists.

On 12/14/2017 at 11:09 PM, 5iVe Elements said:

Rock will make a comeback.

When is the last time rock was "big"? I think the shift from EDM to urban/hip-hop has already happened. And it's dire. The same crap we heard 15 years ago on repeat. But where has rock been? I think it would have happened if it was going to. 

6 hours ago, karbatal said:

I guess that's what you get from behaving like a ten year old to appeal to little girls. Both Katy and Taylor behaved like half retards for too long. 

Can't stand neither of those two bitches so it's nice to see both of them tanking lol

On 12/15/2017 at 6:41 AM, Marco said:

The greatest female dancer of all-time @Jazzy Jan

tumblr_p0pks7gLgd1qee9ito6_r1_400.giftumblr_p0pks7gLgd1qee9ito3_400.gif

The poster child for White Mediocrity.

(And don't get me started on the black and latin fem queens backing her up).

23 hours ago, Hector said:

12/15/2017 by Gary Trust

80, Elvis Presley
71, Lil Wayne
67, Drake
57, Elton John
55, Taylor Swift
51, Glee Cast
50, The Beatles
49, Madonna
49, Rihanna
47, JAY-Z

The fuck does any of this even mean anymore...???

That's what changing and manipulating the rules does.

12 hours ago, karbatal said:

At least Katy actually put out a solid album that showed some actual effort and growth.

80, Elvis Presley
71, Lil Wayne
67, Drake
57, Elton John
55, Taylor Swift
51, Glee Cast
50, The Beatles
49, Madonna
49, Rihanna
47, JAY-Z

tha fuq :doh::madno::sick::dead: Garbage. Corrupt. Useless now. 

5 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

The poster child for White Mediocrity.

(And don't get me started on the black and latin fem queens backing her up).

I saw some idiots on Twitter saying that this era she's "diverse and woke"

Anyone with at least half a brain should be able to acknowledge that she's a closeted Trump supporter :wacko:

Just now, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

80, Elvis Presley
71, Lil Wayne
67, Drake
57, Elton John
55, Taylor Swift
51, Glee Cast
50, The Beatles
49, Madonna
49, Rihanna
47, JAY-Z

tha fuq :doh::madno::sick::dead: Garbage. Corrupt. Useless now. 

Payola makes the world go around. Madonna, Rihanna, Elvis, Beatles and Elton are the only ones with plenty of Top 40 Hits that were actual hits with longevity

Never forget!

LOCK HER UP! 

LOCK HER UP!

LOCK HER UP!

Now shes invented the new way of selling tickets by trying to slowly sell them out and that concerts sales are no longer about instant sell outs. Lol. You can't make this stuff up.  Another billboard paid for puff piece trying to deflect her slow ticket sales. 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8070644/taylor-swift-concert-industry-slow-ticketing-model-sales 

2 hours ago, Leebf said:

Now shes invented the new way of selling tickets by trying to slowly sell them out and that concerts sales are no longer about instant sell outs. Lol. You can't make this stuff up.  Another billboard paid for puff piece trying to deflect her slow ticket sales. 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8070644/taylor-swift-concert-industry-slow-ticketing-model-sales 

The whole "it's not that tickets are more expensive this time around, we're just using the secondary market prices directly and if fans don't like the prices they can either get a ticket for a cheaper area of the map or not go to the concert" is a big fuck you to the fans.

4 hours ago, Leebf said:

Billboard really takes people for idiots with their paid articles. :lmao:Slow ticketing model. :ohgoodgrief:

On 12/16/2017 at 6:35 AM, karbatal said:

:lmao:

Another like Beyonce.  55 singles???????????  Public can only name like six!!!! 

LIL WAYNE!  :rotfl:

DRAKE!!!!  :lol:

OK somebody bans charts forever!!!!! 

You are just being generous. 

Her version of Santa Baby is such a tragic, sexless disaster :lmao:

It really feels like it captures her essence.

Christ.  Glee Cast having more top 40s than Madonna?  Lmfao!!!!  If we needed more evidence that the charts and their new rules have turned it into a total and complete joke.

On 16 December 2017 at 11:36 PM, karbatal said:

Omg GLEE!!!!!!!

I can't :rotfl:

On 17 December 2017 at 12:21 AM, Martin B. said:

IKR. Imagine someone in 20 years who will wonder WTF could be a Glee Cast? no one remembers this mediocre series only 3 years after its end! :lol:

3 hours ago, Skin said:

Christ.  Glee Cast having more top 40s than Madonna?  Lmfao!!!!  If we needed more evidence that the charts and their new rules have turned it into a total and complete joke.

:lmao: :rotfl: says it all about the charts 

20 hours ago, Leebf said:

Leebf, we have to laugh otherwise we would cry.  :lol:

She also has $ 800 tickets called "the Snake Pitt" tickets. ! 

POO!
Look what you made me FLUSH
Look what you made me FLUSH
Look what you just made me FLUSH look what you just made me 

I don't SHART no FAECES and no FAECES SHART me 
I'll be the SKID MARKS 
Hanging on your SEAT LID

Hello? No the old TOILET can't come to the LOO right now
Why? Because she's CONSTIPATED!!! 

FART!
Look what you made me SHART
Look what you made me SHART