MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

New Taylor Swift thread: slow tour ticket sales. Downscaling imminent?

POP:
14 12 TAYLOR SWIFT Ready For It 8091 8918 -827 41.528

-312 Spins
-404 Bullet
-2.555 Audience

:goodbye:

There is still hope in this world. A pro-choice democrat wins in Alabama and Taylor Swift has become so toxic on radio that can't even hit top10 on US pop radio while Dua Lipa is at no1 on Z100 with a decent international smash along with other decent enough songs. Pop radio doesn't sound that bad at the moment.

BILLBOARD ADDRESSES "LOOK'S" HISTORIC RADIO COLLAPSE

But the single has since set some less glamorous records as well. A week after reaching No. 1 on the Pop Songs chart, it moved to No. 7 -- the largest fall from the top in the chart's history -- and from No. 5 to No. 20 on the all-format Radio Songs chart, the biggest fall from the top five in that chart's 27-year history.

According to two people familiar with the ­situation, Swift's record label made a push to get "Look" to No. 1, then backed off, which led to the chart drop. (Big Machine Records declined to ­comment on marketing or promotion.)

"Everyone was 'helping the program,' if you will, and then it just kind of burned and it was over," says one radio executive about "Look." "It never really researched like a long-standing power, like she's had in the past. It was more of a statement single."

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8030254/taylor-swift-reputation-charging-no-1-despite-radio-chart-drop

:lmao:

A statement single that needed a big payola push? Riiight! Go Taylor! :dead:

8 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Every so many years there's that fundamental shift in popular music...I feel like we're kind of on the cusp of that, as it really hasn't happened in a good while. Feels like we're due for one. And only a few artists from the previous era tend to survive that shift. Question is...which of these kids is going to survive it? I don't think Taylor has it...once that generation she panders to grows up, and the societal taste shifts to something completely new...I doubt the safe, bland, white bread acts ruling right now are going to survive it.  The only thing I see stalling that shift for as long as possible is the current corporate grip on everything that continues to prop up these acts and shove them down everyone's throats. But manipulated numbers, paid for PR, and payola only last so long if the actual public clearly doesn't care anymore.

Yes 

Kids have grown up and Rihanna,  Taylor or Katy are suddenly declining.  New name will pop up.  

BUT... 

New generation being absolutely fragmented and platforms being so different,  from Spotify to YouTube and radio being out of touch for the past eight years,  record companies will support these divas. They would be dropped in another past time but in this era is so difficult to craft a household name that they will squeeze the life out of them, as they do with has beens like Britney or Gaga. 

4 hours ago, iasonas said:

BILLBOARD ADDRESSES "LOOK'S" HISTORIC RADIO COLLAPSE

But the single has since set some less glamorous records as well. A week after reaching No. 1 on the Pop Songs chart, it moved to No. 7 -- the largest fall from the top in the chart's history -- and from No. 5 to No. 20 on the all-format Radio Songs chart, the biggest fall from the top five in that chart's 27-year history.

According to two people familiar with the ­situation, Swift's record label made a push to get "Look" to No. 1, then backed off, which led to the chart drop. (Big Machine Records declined to ­comment on marketing or promotion.)

"Everyone was 'helping the program,' if you will, and then it just kind of burned and it was over," says one radio executive about "Look." "It never really researched like a long-standing power, like she's had in the past. It was more of a statement single."

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8030254/taylor-swift-reputation-charging-no-1-despite-radio-chart-drop

:lmao:

This is something floppy Gaga would do; LMAO Tay Tay's getting desperate.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8070516/taylor-swift-reflects-2017-couldnt-have-asked-for-a-better-year

Taylor Swift Reflects on 2017: 'I Couldn't Have Asked for a Better Year'

12/14/2017 by Billboard Staff

Taylor Swift had an amazing 2017 and she totally knows. As she gears up for a huge tour in 2018, Swift took a moment to reflect on her birthday and her bountiful year so far.

Just days after hitting the stage for the Capital FM Jingle Bell Ball in London, TayTay shared a spectacular snap from the night along with the message: “I love you guys so much. I couldn’t have asked for a better year, all thanks to you. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Can’t wait to see what 28 will be like. See you on tour.” Check it out below.

The pop superstar’s Reputation was a runaway bestseller in its first week as it smashed through the 1 million sales milestone in the U.S. and bowed atop charts around the globe. Her world tour in support of the album is scheduled to kick off in May.

Sorry this 'era' is as big a pile of floppy poop as Gaga/Joanne! Non sheeple can smell it's nasty stench 10 miles away. Total dumpster filled with stinky snakes...everything...maybe except the video for possibly the worst lead song/1st single from an A+ list red hot diva this decade or even century lol. Oh..but now they're saying it was a "statement" buzz/promo single. :lol2:What about the iconic game changers 'Ready For Shit' and 'Gorgeous'?  :dead: 

CaNNOT...wait maybe I can believe this skunk ended up on the cover of Time Persons Of The Year while *Ronan Farrow, Rose McGowen, Gretchen Carlson,  etc etc etc..did not. :abuse:

Watch...when Mueller saves the country and world from the Trump regime in 2018, she and/or Gaga will STILL get some mention/insert on that front page lol. 

20 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Every so many years there's that fundamental shift in popular music...I feel like we're kind of on the cusp of that, as it really hasn't happened in a good while. Feels like we're due for one. And only a few artists from the previous era tend to survive that shift. Question is...which of these kids is going to survive it? I don't think Taylor has it...once that generation she panders to grows up, and the societal taste shifts to something completely new...I doubt the safe, bland, white bread acts ruling right now are going to survive it.  The only thing I see stalling that shift for as long as possible is the current corporate grip on everything that continues to prop up these acts and shove them down everyone's throats. But manipulated numbers, paid for PR, and payola only last so long if the actual public clearly doesn't care anymore.

Rock will make a comeback.

I have all the albums including and up to Red (her best) and not including her Xmas album.

I enjoyed 1989 but didn't buy it.

I have no interest in the new album whatsoever.

Untitled.jpg

FITsjHI.png

YIKES.

Not even Kentucky is here for her!

2 hours ago, Marco said:

The greatest female dancer of all-time @Jazzy Jan

dancing snake.gif

16 hours ago, 5iVe Elements said:

I own three of her albums.

oh. :nervous:

7 hours ago, Marco said:

tumblr_p0pks7gLgd1qee9ito6_r1_400.giftumblr_p0pks7gLgd1qee9ito3_400.gif

:lmao: why does she even try to dance in her performances ?  Good for a laugh.  Between that and Lorde's dreadful dance routine this year , they have given some great gifs but made complete idiots if themselves. 

5 hours ago, todsmod said:

dancing snake.gif

Todsmod, if only Taylor had as much rhythm :lol:

14 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:lmao: why does she even try to dance in her performances ?  Good for a laugh.  Between that and Lorde's dreadful dance routine this year , they have given some great gifs but made complete idiots if themselves. 

lol Thats EXACTLY why she's total shit now. Going down the the super tired transparent corporate 'slutting up' your image disguised as 'reinventing'. She's reeking from arrogance and un-likability thinking the GP won't notice what she's doing. Only  'cause of who she is or what she did. The reinventing to pop or whatever worked for 1989 cause she was still white bread w/ mayo enough, not pole dancing looking like a dear in the headlight gawky buffoon and the MUSIC was decent lol. Luckily there are enough non sheeple who see and hear how inauthentic she's being to herself which  is why era this is a disaster in non fake news, non corporate bullshit reality. 

Bet she’s a terrible lover and never had an orgasm a day in her 28 years of life.

She probably keeps a giant bottle of purell and a pack of wet-naps on her nightstand because she has contamination fears during intimacy.

9 hours ago, Marco said:

tumblr_p0pks7gLgd1qee9ito6_r1_400.giftumblr_p0pks7gLgd1qee9ito3_400.gif

Be kind to Taytay, it took her a year lf rehearsal tp nail that

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8070805/taylor-swift-end-game-top-40-hot-100-chart-moves

Hot 100 Chart Moves: Taylor Swift Tallies 55th Top 40 Hit With 'End Game'

12/15/2017 by Gary Trust

"End Game," Taylor Swift feat. Ed Sheeran and Future

02-taylor-swift-ed-sheeran-jingle-ball-l

The song vaults 83-39 in its third week on the Hot 100 (after debuting at No. 86 two weeks ago), following parent album Reputation's wide release to streaming services Dec. 1. Previously, only the set's four pre-release tracks were available for streaming. Those four songs all hit the Hot 100's top 40: "Look What You Made Me Do" (three weeks at No. 1); "…Ready for It?" (No. 4); "Gorgeous" (No. 13); and "Call It What You Want" (No. 27).

"End Game," now Reputation's fifth top 40 hit, drew 7.6 million U.S. streams in the tracking week, according to Nielsen Music. It also jumps 15-10 on the Digital Song Sales chart, up 40 percent to 24,000 downloads sold, and 45-38 on Radio Songs (31 million audience impressions, up 26 percent).

Swift tallies her 55th top 40 Hot 100 hit, the fifth-best total in the chart's history. Elvis Presley leads with 80 top 40 titles, dating to the chart's Aug. 4, 1958, launch (more than two years after he began appearing on various Billboard charts).

Artists With the Most Top 40 Hot 100 Hits
80, Elvis Presley
71, Lil Wayne
67, Drake
57, Elton John
55, Taylor Swift
51, Glee Cast
50, The Beatles
49, Madonna
49, Rihanna
47, JAY-Z

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Basic Swift's ego before putting out Reputation: 

Hello, pussies..gif

General Public's Reaction:

Bye bye, dear..gif

2 hours ago, ctg12 said:

Bet she’s a terrible lover and never had an orgasm a day in her 28 years of life.

She probably keeps a giant bottle of purell and a pack of wet-naps on her nightstand because she has contamination fears during intimacy.

She should just write a novel called "Polite Pussy" explaining how to prevent a germophobe's punani from smelling like a fish taco

8 hours ago, Hector said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8070805/taylor-swift-end-game-top-40-hot-100-chart-moves

Hot 100 Chart Moves: Taylor Swift Tallies 55th Top 40 Hit With 'End Game'

12/15/2017 by Gary Trust

"End Game," Taylor Swift feat. Ed Sheeran and Future

02-taylor-swift-ed-sheeran-jingle-ball-l

The song vaults 83-39 in its third week on the Hot 100 (after debuting at No. 86 two weeks ago), following parent album Reputation's wide release to streaming services Dec. 1. Previously, only the set's four pre-release tracks were available for streaming. Those four songs all hit the Hot 100's top 40: "Look What You Made Me Do" (three weeks at No. 1); "…Ready for It?" (No. 4); "Gorgeous" (No. 13); and "Call It What You Want" (No. 27).

"End Game," now Reputation's fifth top 40 hit, drew 7.6 million U.S. streams in the tracking week, according to Nielsen Music. It also jumps 15-10 on the Digital Song Sales chart, up 40 percent to 24,000 downloads sold, and 45-38 on Radio Songs (31 million audience impressions, up 26 percent).

Swift tallies her 55th top 40 Hot 100 hit, the fifth-best total in the chart's history. Elvis Presley leads with 80 top 40 titles, dating to the chart's Aug. 4, 1958, launch (more than two years after he began appearing on various Billboard charts).

Artists With the Most Top 40 Hot 100 Hits
80, Elvis Presley
71, Lil Wayne
67, Drake
57, Elton John
55, Taylor Swift
51, Glee Cast
50, The Beatles
49, Madonna
49, Rihanna
47, JAY-Z

It's just ridiculous. Lil Wayne, Drake and Taylor swift all have more top 40 hits than the Beatles or Madonna??? 

They've not even got five memorable songs between them!