MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

New Taylor Swift thread: slow tour ticket sales. Downscaling imminent?

STEP FORWARD if you own a taylor swiffer album! i need to know who buys this stuff.

I own the earlier ones. My ex was a huge fan #lookwhatyoumademedo

People are waking up. She is HATED by radio listeners.

Look What You Made Me Do broke all kinds of negative airplay records due its fast, historic drop on US radio, Ready For It didn't even manage to hit top10 on pop radio.

If you look at the call out scores, she is the most hated artist at the moment by pop radio listeners.

The reaction is the same in all other English speaking markets. For example, End Game only peaked at no28 on Australian radio. It's not even xmas yet and the THIRD single has already peaked and flopped there already. THIRD.

I'm not gonna even mention non-English speaking countries because she was NEVER relevant there in the first place.

There is not a single Taylor Swift song in the top30 if you look at the US Hot100, UK Singles Chart, Australian Singles Charts etc..

I remember someone used to post here all the time heralding her incoming flop. How right he or she was. 

9 hours ago, iasonas said:

Look What You Made Me Do broke all kinds of negative airplay records due its fast, historic drop on US radio, Ready For It didn't even manage to hit top10 on pop radio.

If you look at the call out scores, she is the most hated artist at the moment by pop radio listeners.

The reaction is the same in all other English speaking markets. For example, End Game only peaked at no28 on Australian radio. It's not even xmas yet and the THIRD single has already peaked and flopped there already. THIRD.

I'm not gonna even mention non-English speaking countries because she was NEVER relevant there in the first place.

There is not a single Taylor Swift song in the top30 if you look at the US Hot100, UK Singles Chart, Australian Singles Charts etc..

@iasonas.  Yes, her singles have been huge flops, especially for her standards. Why I was surprised the album sold so much because the singles have not resonated at all with the public.  If she can't score hit singles in Australia, she is peaking.  Been her biggest market alongside the USA previously for having hits. 

@tuckeye  I ain't stepping forward or backward....well, maybe step on her face!?  Never owned nor really listened to her music, early on or now.  I do think she is a decent songwriter (although lyrically they're all the same).  But her voice annoys me.  I'm not even gonna start with her "miss goody/snake/better than you/zero personality/fake/assless/stick body.....etc!!!!  She's another hand-fed product with no substance. 

The way I view her (and several others) is like a non-alcoholic drink.  Why drink it if it doesn't give you what it's meant for?  

12 hours ago, iasonas said:

THIS is what I was getting at before a couple of her defenders here made a stink about it.

None of it really makes sense...for where she 'should' be considering the hype forced down everyone's throats, the singles pretty much tanked. No radio hit. Not even a slow and steady one. And none of the work has really become 'conservation' in the pop culture sphere...other than that first video for a short period of time. And nothing that seems to be permeating the cultural zeitgeist...other than that "Taylor can't come to the phone right now. I killed her." line. That's it - a video and a one liner meme. And yet, we're being told by the industry and the media (once again) that everyone loves her and she's this sales juggernaut.

Then who’s buying her albums???? Sales sexed/manipulated  up? 

She’s “America’s Sweetheart” :ugh:  riding off the wave from her previous monster selling albums and acclaim. But this album has had no songs connecting big with the general public like her previous albums did. It’s the biggest album of the year but it’s ultimately going to end up selling 1/2 as much as she’s used to because it won’t have longevity thanks to the lack of true hit singles. Her brand is downhill from here.

Stillborn This Way all over again. Right down to the tuneless racket singles that make people wanna hurl and the big opening week that means very little. 

3 hours ago, Mmmmm said:

Then who’s buying her albums???? Sales sexed/manipulated  up? 

Only going by what I have personally observed in Australia where she has been a massive superstar for years, she had gained a huge following mainly with tween girls.  All of my friend's daughters seemed to love her with a passion and her songs about ex boyfriends breaking her heart and being bastards etc was what was important in their world. She had monster hits that were played everywhere.  

The singles she has released from this album have no appeal or impact. She still has a built in huge following but I suspect they will drop off after this album. 

I think she has reached her peak with her last album. @Jazzy Jan I reckon you’re right, kids will be bored, it’ll be someone new to latch on. 

16 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

@iasonas.  Yes, her singles have been huge flops, especially for her standards. Why I was surprised the album sold so much because the singles have not resonated at all with the public.  If she can't score hit singles in Australia, she is peaking.  Been her biggest market alongside the USA previously for having hits. 

I checked Wikipedia and RePUTAtion allegedly peaked on the Top 10 of 20 European countries YET most of us who live outside the U.S. can (thankfully) confirm that this twig's valley girl music never plays in any radio station or whatsoever. Payola makes the world go around indeed

Im hearing that the greedy bitch increased the ticket prices after the presale. Looks like she is charging Madonna prices. She obviously wants to break Madonna's touring grosses/records.

Also can see people complaining about the secrecy in Australia about her seating plan. Live nation have put up the layout plan but have not shown each price section. Everyone on facebook is hounding them to release the sections. I have a feeling that 80% of the seats will the top price tier. Hence the secrecy then if they dont sell out they can lower prices and no one can tell that they have.

I hope it backfires and she can't sell out or has to reduce prices tomove tickets. Now that would be great to see that for trying to rip of her young fans. 

It took madonna over 20 years in business to charge high prices & she proved tour after tour that she was worth the prices.

I am yet to see anything (music or performance) swift has done to show that she is worth these prices! 

I can't wait for her and Sheeran and all the other white bland vanilla "artists" that are currently popular peak and fade away. We need a new music revolution.

2 hours ago, Leebf said:

Im hearing that the greedy bitch increased the ticket prices after the presale. Looks like she is charging Madonna prices. She obviously wants to break Madonna's touring grosses/records.

It took madonna over 20 years in business to charge high prices & she proved tour after tour that she was worth the prices.

I am yet to see anything (music or performance) swift has done to show that she is worth these prices! 

I can't wait for her and Sheeran and all the other white bland vanilla "artists" that are currently popular peak and fade away. We need a new music revolution.

Can't wait for Toilet Shit's demise

Fucking ugly ass conservative bitch

FART!
Look what you made me POOP
Look what you just made me POOP look what you just made me---
FART!
Look what you just made me POOP look what you just made me POOP!!

I don't shit no faeces and no faeces shit me 
I'll be the urine hanging on your toilet seat

Hello? 
No the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now
Why? 
Because she's GOT DIARRHOEA!!! 

Radio 2 are pushing Gorgeous and it's still only in the sixties having peaked at 15 a few weeks ago.

A fourth single already? Her record company must like Gaga's during the Artpop era! 

rwNqqt7.gif 

On 12/12/2017 at 11:18 AM, tuckeye said:

STEP FORWARD if you own a taylor swiffer album! i need to know who buys this stuff.

I own her first two albums and the first single off her third album. I'm her age so don't judge me. I stopped purchasing and listening to her music after that. I noticed she wasn't really growing or evolving much as an artist and all she ever really sang about was her exes doing her dirty, like, I honestly felt that there was this victim complex going on with her. It just kinda rubbed me the wrong way. It was all so very juvenile, like, she never grew up or took responsibility. Then her stupid single "We Are Never Getting Back Together" just reaffirmed all of what I had thought and stated. So that's my whole spiel.

2 hours ago, Suedehead said:

FART!

I don't shit no faces and no faeces shit me 

Hello? 
Why? 

Better than the real thing :lmao:

2 hours ago, Suedehead said:

FART!

I don't shit no faces and no faeces shit me 

Hello? 
Why? 

:rotfl:

Every so many years there's that fundamental shift in popular music...I feel like we're kind of on the cusp of that, as it really hasn't happened in a good while. Feels like we're due for one. And only a few artists from the previous era tend to survive that shift. Question is...which of these kids is going to survive it? I don't think Taylor has it...once that generation she panders to grows up, and the societal taste shifts to something completely new...I doubt the safe, bland, white bread acts ruling right now are going to survive it.  The only thing I see stalling that shift for as long as possible is the current corporate grip on everything that continues to prop up these acts and shove them down everyone's throats. But manipulated numbers, paid for PR, and payola only last so long if the actual public clearly doesn't care anymore.