Tennessee boy’s anti-bully video goes viral. His mom is a racist scammer?

Camacho

:cries:  for those kids who think it is funny or tough to bully others, look at this boy's pain.  Then ask yourselves why do you do it ?  There is no excuse or reason to do so.

Saw so many kids bullied when I was a teacher and it is always heart breaking, pointless and cruel.  

Guest CzarnaWisnia

LG probably does think she's being bullied like that boy by online "haters" (ie critics) and "molestors" (ie MNation jabs and humor). She's a "survivor".

RE school bullying : I lived this for years. Adults are good for nothing in this, except parents who do need to show their kids how to raise their fists and throw them when words don't work anymore.

2017 in a nutshell :madgemanson:

2 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

are we bullying gaga like this boy is being bullied?

on the other hand I kind of feel LG and her team were/are trying to rewrite history when it comes to M so it's okay? opinions??

She said it was "retarded" to suggest that she ripped off Express Yourself and then sent her team of minions to call Madonna a jealous old bitch online long before Madonna herself had weighed in. The bully is she.

19 minutes ago, LSD said:

2017 in a nutshell :madgemanson:

She said it was "retarded" to suggest that she ripped off Express Yourself and then sent her team of minions to call Madonna a jealous old bitch online long before Madonna herself has weighed in. The bully is she.

that's how I see it too, I think some people don't see the place we're coming from

4 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

are we bullying gaga like this boy is being bullied?

on the other hand I kind of feel LG and her team were/are trying to rewrite history when it comes to M so it's okay? opinions??

whenever Im on youtube watching madonna videos or related madonna videos, it's filled with countless of people saying madonna hates her fans and bullies  pop girls (who are more talented than M) and everyone just believes it. you can bet that it's gaga fans behind it. I even see them on Marlene Dietrich videos complaining about madonna. they are trying to rewrite history

6 hours ago, Hector said:

True.  So sad that the message of this boy's pain and anguish of being bullied which is so heart wrenching has been tainted by knowing about his mother's hateful racism.  He conveyed such a sad message but her horrible thoughts and actions have been exposed and Keaton's despair has been lost because of her.  Feel sorry for him to also be growing up in a racist, hateful environment

I also think Gaga has nothing to do with these situations.  She used bullied people and pretends to be bullied herself and that is unforgivable. Manipulating people for her own gain and encouraging toxic behaviour is what she does.  Luckily she is not popular or has any influence now. 

Bullying, cruelty and extreme teasing of kids at school has gone on forever and is always senseless and disgusting. Wish it could be stamped out as never is acceptable. Then bullying at colleges, training academies, some workplaces etc.  I am sure we have it all witnessed it and see it even more now as kids are filming others being bullied, attacked and putting it online.  

:wacko:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/mother-keaton-jones-defends-confederate-flag-photos-article-1.3693395

Mother of Keaton Jones defends Confederate flag photos

BY  JESSICA SCHLADEBECK 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 10:07 AM

keaton13n-1-web.jpg

The Tennessee mother behind the viral video of a middle school boy tearfully sharing his experience with bullies defended photos of her and her family posing with the Confederate flag as “funny.”

Kimberly Jones took a video of her son Keaton, a sixth grader at Horace Maynard Middle School, tearfully recounting how his classmates teased him for his looks, poured milk on him and made fun of him for not having friends.

The video sparked an outpouring of support from celebrities and athletes including LeBron James, Mark Ruffalo and Demi Lovato, but it’s also shined a spotlight on his family — including a social media post that shows Jones grinning with the Confederate flag. Her daughter’s Twitter feed also featured a photo of the family posing with the flag, which is often associated with racism.

“The only two photos — the only two photos on the entire planet that I am anywhere near the Confederate flag,” Jones said in an interview with CBS News. “It was ironic. It was funny.”

When asked whether it implied racism, Jones replied: “No. No. Absolutely not. I’ve said I spent most of my life being bullied and judged because I wasn’t racist.”

Since the controversy unfolded, Jones has deleted the video of Keaton and made her social media accounts private. An alleged screenshot of the Facebook post in question sees Jones slamming citizens for not respecting the American flag.

Efforts to raise money for Keaton and his family have also raised eyebrows since the emotional video became an overnight sensation.

A GoFundMe campaign set up by Joseph Lam had received more than $57,000 in donations before he paused the contributions Monday without explanation.

A spokesperson for the fund-raising site said the money is being held until a beneficiary can be confirmed.

MMA fighter Joe Schilling in a now-deleted Instagram video slammed Jones, claiming she urged him to donate to the GoFundMe page when he offered to take her son to a show in Los Angeles.

Despite the scandals, Keaton told CBS he’s proud of the video he filmed in his mother’s car.

“It made me feel like I had accomplished something real,” he said. “Something that could actually change the world.”

He admitted in the interview he never once told teachers about the bullying out of fear the students would “attack.”

Greg Clay, the principal at Horace Maynard Middle School, previously said bullying at the school is “not as rampant as the video would have you believe.

“I can’t tell you what was done, but I can tell you action was taken with the children.”