MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
M_Sinner

Collaborations that never happened

this sound would have been perfect for around the time of ROL

the music video was inspired by this (one of the best videos of all time)

23 hours ago, Benji124 said:

-Adele turned down the Super Bowl spot that went to Cee Lo Green

-Pink turned down the 2003 MTV VMA performance

-Lady Gaga turned down a surprise appearance at Yankee Stadium during The MDNA Tour

-Jay Z wanted Madonna to appear in his song Justify My Thug (she turned him down and he later turned down Iconic)

-In the 1980s, Rolling Stone reported that Billy Idol and Madonna would record a song together, but nothing came of it.

-Due to contractual reasons, Tupac was unable to appear on Bedtime Stories, but the demo he recorded with Madonna can be found online.

-Not a collaboration per se, but Debra Winger pulled out of A League of Their Own because Madonna was hired on, Winger's role was recast with Geena Davis.

the only thing here that would have been really amazing is the Adele Colab...

4 hours ago, motherandfather03 said:

the only thing here that would have been really amazing is the Adele Colab...

She was either preggers or recovering from throath surgery i remember

12 hours ago, Starman said:

She was either preggers or recovering from throath surgery i remember

It was her throat...kinda glad she didn't tbh

Very true about the vocal collabos, Suedey. Though "Guilty By Association" is nice.

Regarding the Sinatra collaboration, Madonna discussed it in her Q magazine interview from 1994. She basically said that he wanted her for his Duets II album and that he kept sending her things like flowers and strawberries trying to court her for it.

This is the first I am ever hearing of Madonna and Mariah ever having been in the studio together... is that real? Things have always seemed icy between them, even in 2008 when Madonna was promoting Hard Candy and was asked about Mariah Carey, it was as if she didn't want to talk about her.

Also, wasn't Trent Reznor one of the people Madonna reached out to when she was interested in working with Goldie? I vaguely remember something being said in one of his interviews when he promoted The Fragile.

Didn't that Mariah interview get proven as fake at some point?? 

16 hours ago, Benji124 said:

Regarding the Sinatra collaboration, Madonna discussed it in her Q magazine interview from 1994. She basically said that he wanted her for his Duets II album and that he kept sending her things like flowers and strawberries trying to court her for it.

This is the first I am ever hearing of Madonna and Mariah ever having been in the studio together... is that real? Things have always seemed icy between them, even in 2008 when Madonna was promoting Hard Candy and was asked about Mariah Carey, it was as if she didn't want to talk about her.

Also, wasn't Trent Reznor one of the people Madonna reached out to when she was interested in working with Goldie? I vaguely remember something being said in one of his interviews when he promoted The Fragile.

yes...in fact, for a long time I thought they DID work on some stuff that went unreleased but I never could find anything that backed it up so I guess it was a false memory! I still would kill for those two working together! Throw Atticus Ross in the mix and i feel it would be the best thing she's done since ROL.

I am glad 90% of those projects never came to fruition. Moby though, I hope it still happens someday. She went all 90s by making music with Oakenfold not that long ago, so why not get Moby, who is still making interesting music.

Oh, forgot: also Air, I would like a song or two between M and Air.

Moby wanted her to sing New York, New York, but she was on a tour

Kanye's song Highlights

On 07. 12. 2017. at 8:44 PM, luluthecat said:

The only one I can think of is Goldie. I remember he mentioned it on some look back program years ago. He said he turned her down as he thought he was "too cool" at the time and deeply regrets doing it now......drum n bass M could've been interesting.

Spin : What do you think of Goldie?

Madonna : I tried to get him to work on one of the tracks from Ray Of Light. Nellee Hooper played a bunch of early demos for him and he fell in love with « To Have And Not To Hold ». We sent him the master tapes and he said he wanted to work on it by himself and then we never heard from him.

http://www.mtv.com/news/506075/chris-isaak-to-record-duets-with-madonna-and-gloria-estefan/

Isaak told ATN that he will be recording duets with Madonna and Gloria Estafan in the coming months. Isaak will trade verses with the Material Girl on "Something Stupid," a song that none other than Frank Sinatra sang with daughter Nancy so many years ago.

giphy.gif

Wasn't Madonna planning to do a song with Salt N' Pepa for her 'Music' album? I remember hearing that rumor.

On 2017-12-07 at 1:19 PM, MeakMaker said:

Aphex Twin.

YES! This would have sounded amazing