Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
M_Sinner

Collaborations that never happened

Recommended Posts

this sound would have been perfect for around the time of ROL

 

the music video was inspired by this (one of the best videos of all time)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Benji124 said:

-Adele turned down the Super Bowl spot that went to Cee Lo Green

-Pink turned down the 2003 MTV VMA performance

-Lady Gaga turned down a surprise appearance at Yankee Stadium during The MDNA Tour

-Jay Z wanted Madonna to appear in his song Justify My Thug (she turned him down and he later turned down Iconic)

-In the 1980s, Rolling Stone reported that Billy Idol and Madonna would record a song together, but nothing came of it.

-Due to contractual reasons, Tupac was unable to appear on Bedtime Stories, but the demo he recorded with Madonna can be found online.

-Not a collaboration per se, but Debra Winger pulled out of A League of Their Own because Madonna was hired on, Winger's role was recast with Geena Davis.

 

 

the only thing here that would have been really amazing is the Adele Colab...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, motherandfather03 said:

the only thing here that would have been really amazing is the Adele Colab...

She was either preggers or recovering from throath surgery i remember

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Starman said:

She was either preggers or recovering from throath surgery i remember

It was her throat...kinda glad she didn't tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very true about the vocal collabos, Suedey. Though "Guilty By Association" is nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the Sinatra collaboration, Madonna discussed it in her Q magazine interview from 1994. She basically said that he wanted her for his Duets II album and that he kept sending her things like flowers and strawberries trying to court her for it.

This is the first I am ever hearing of Madonna and Mariah ever having been in the studio together... is that real? Things have always seemed icy between them, even in 2008 when Madonna was promoting Hard Candy and was asked about Mariah Carey, it was as if she didn't want to talk about her.

Also, wasn't Trent Reznor one of the people Madonna reached out to when she was interested in working with Goldie? I vaguely remember something being said in one of his interviews when he promoted The Fragile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't that Mariah interview get proven as fake at some point?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Benji124 said:

Regarding the Sinatra collaboration, Madonna discussed it in her Q magazine interview from 1994. She basically said that he wanted her for his Duets II album and that he kept sending her things like flowers and strawberries trying to court her for it.

This is the first I am ever hearing of Madonna and Mariah ever having been in the studio together... is that real? Things have always seemed icy between them, even in 2008 when Madonna was promoting Hard Candy and was asked about Mariah Carey, it was as if she didn't want to talk about her.

Also, wasn't Trent Reznor one of the people Madonna reached out to when she was interested in working with Goldie? I vaguely remember something being said in one of his interviews when he promoted The Fragile.

yes...in fact, for a long time I thought they DID work on some stuff that went unreleased but I never could find anything that backed it up so I guess it was a false memory! I still would kill for those two working together! Throw Atticus Ross in the mix and i feel it would be the best thing she's done since ROL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad 90% of those projects never came to fruition. Moby though, I hope it still happens someday. She went all 90s by making music with Oakenfold not that long ago, so why not get Moby, who is still making interesting music.

Oh, forgot: also Air, I would like a song or two between M and Air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moby wanted her to sing New York, New York, but she was on a tour

Kanye's song Highlights

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07. 12. 2017. at 8:44 PM, luluthecat said:

The only one I can think of is Goldie. I remember he mentioned it on some look back program years ago. He said he turned her down as he thought he was "too cool" at the time and deeply regrets doing it now......drum n bass M could've been interesting.

Spin : What do you think of Goldie?

Madonna : I tried to get him to work on one of the tracks from Ray Of Light. Nellee Hooper played a bunch of early demos for him and he fell in love with « To Have And Not To Hold ». We sent him the master tapes and he said he wanted to work on it by himself and then we never heard from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.mtv.com/news/506075/chris-isaak-to-record-duets-with-madonna-and-gloria-estefan/

Isaak told ATN that he will be recording duets with Madonna and Gloria Estafan in the coming months. Isaak will trade verses with the Material Girl on "Something Stupid," a song that none other than Frank Sinatra sang with daughter Nancy so many years ago.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't Madonna planning to do a song with Salt N' Pepa for her 'Music' album? I remember hearing that rumor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-12-07 at 1:19 PM, MeakMaker said:

 Aphex Twin.

YES! This would have sounded amazing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×