MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
M_Sinner

Collaborations that never happened

She wanted to work with Eminem, but he said no.

Michael Jackson

Barbra Streisand, due to scheduling problems

Pavarotti

Madonna also said she turned down a duet with Frank Sinatra, because he wanted to record her vocals on a tape, rather than sing together in a studio.

More?

She wanted to work with Moby & The Prodigy at one point, but they turned her down.

I would have loved the Em, MJ, and Moby collabs. The rest I could do without. 

Also, some of the reports about people turning her down (like Dr. Dre, Eminem, etc.) are ridiculous given who they've collaborated with since then.

At one point, early 00's I think there were reports about Bono wanting 2 record sth with her but she said 'no'...several times.

Weird, and then she goes & does stuff with Britney & Ricky Fucking Martin.

MJ was basically an idiot about the whole thing.

Madonna & Goldie Hawn (coarse that’s her not as popular other career)

5 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

Daft Punk would have been good, I think they said no

Thank God, cuz we got Mirwais!

That's true!  But I still wish she would have gotten Get Lucky or something similar

4 hours ago, M_Sinner said:

She wanted to work with Eminem, but he said no.

Michael Jackson

Barbra Streisand, due to scheduling problems

Pavarotti

Madonna also said she turned down a duet with Frank Sinatra, because he wanted to record her vocals on a tape, rather than sing together in a studio.

More?

Barbra Streisand ?

Was this real ? I'd always assumed it was rumours I can't imagine Madonnas wanting to sign alongside her powerful vocals.

4 hours ago, Ugly Hecty said:

She wanted to work with Moby & The Prodigy at one point, but they turned her down.

Not quite true, Moby had been the one asking her and she never had the time. I might be wrong but I want to say he originally wanted her for the song New York New York but she had just released Confessions and didn't want another New York song.

Can you imagine saying no to Madonna? :ohmy: 

And now Em has several collabs on new album

1 hour ago, acko said:

At one point, early 00's I think there were reports about Bono wanting 2 record sth with her but she said 'no'...several times.

Weird, and then she goes & does stuff with Britney & Ricky Fucking Martin.

MJ was basically an idiot about the whole thing.

I think M goes through phases and is very inspired by what surrounds her. it's weird how one day this woman is doing amazing covers on instagram and showing these portuguese musicians, then the next day wears grills and dances to BIM..

17 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Barbra Streisand ?

Was this real ? I'd always assumed it was rumours I can't imagine Madonnas wanting to sign alongside her powerful vocals.

She could carry her own next to Barbara. She could use her “rescue me” style vocals and be just fine.

Wasn’t there a rumor to record “No More Tears” as a tribute to Donna Summer with someone....can’t remember who though

moby never said no.

he likes her.

didnt M sign the prodigy?

I know M said no to pavarotti, bennett, sinatra

17 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Aphex Twin.

I love him.

Was thinking about starting a thread on him, at least she worked with Chris Cunningham

Just now, Nikki said:

moby never said no.

he likes her.

didnt M sign the prodigy?

I know M said no to pavarotti, bennett, sinatra

Yes but Liam said no 2 producing ROL, he did say afterwards M didn't need him 2 make a great record.

17 minutes ago, Aries said:

And now Em has several collabs on new album

I think he would of collobrated with 90s Madonna but I think it's for commercial reasons over artistic ones.

He knows Rihanna can Perry sell and that's what he's after. I don't think he chooses duets based on anything else.

He chooses flavour of the month for his singles.

Edited by Confessit

Have we all forgotten the king of all hasbeens who bought his own hype for 5 minutes and said no to her? Fatboy SLIM of course. :vomit:

But she got her own back with A) the GLARE she gave him at the VMAs (still can't believe there's no GIF of that - internet meme classic in the making) and B) being a complete bitch to his stupid wife when she interviewed her :thumbsup::lmao::queenbitch:

M & Pariah.

Thank god.

Also: 

Didn't Air want to work with her and she said no / couldn't do it? 

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that their song Alpha Beta Gaga(!!!) was with her in mind. 

9 minutes ago, horn said:

M & Pariah.

Thank god.

Oh I remember that. It was meant to be for the Glitter OST wasn't it? OR something like that. "Angel Of Fire" was the title I think.. And Orbit was rumoured too. :dead:

The Lyric interview

Monday 6 December 1999
Mariah Carey, US mega pop star, recently sat down with Lyric reporter, Tom Allen, and discussed her upcoming project (All That Glitters soundtrack).

Tom: Mariah Carey, the best-selling artist of the 90's (chuckle)
Mariah: Please!! (Laugh) People keep sayin' that but I don't view it in that fashion. My focus has never been on the "numbers" so to say. It's always been the "music." But I do appreciate people recognizing the fact that I do work hard and I think it's safe to say that what success I have earned is exactly that; I've worked hard to earn it.

Tom: So the latest word on Mariah Carey is an elusive movie project dated for fall and winter of 2000.
Mariah: Yes. We are going to start production in February of the new year. Right now, I'm working on trying to get the soundtrack together. As of right now, there are 4 tracks out of a total of 15 tracks done. Within the 15 tracks, there will be a new remixed recording of "Heartbreaker" along with several other tracks I plan to do myself.

Tom: So the soundtrack isn't going to be completely you?
Mariah: No. Not by any means. It's going to be mostly me but it's also going to feature classic 80's artists along with some collaborations between myself and various artists.

Tom: Are you at liberty to talk about some of the 'collabs"?
Mariah: Not entirely. There is one project that is done though. I can somewhat discuss it. It's a track called "Angelfire," which I did with Madonna, William Orbit, and Patrick Leonard. It is an incredibly personal song which may or may not be on the album.

Tom: Why might it not be on the soundtrack?
Mariah: It is very much a departure from my normal style and shines a new light on my music. It really wasn't for the soundtrack initially. From time to time, I decide to do songs just for my own personal library. Kinda like therapy; a release of thoughts and emotions that need to be released. So I called up Patrick Leonard because this particular concept was born from a rush of feelings dealing with insecure issues from my childhood and I thought it needed an 80's feel because of that era of my life. Patrick Leonard had been with Madonna since the eighties so I felt he would be perfect. We completed the track and a producer friend of mine, who is also co-producing the soundtrack with me, heard it and told me it was perfect for the overall theme of the movie. So we called up Madonna to see if she would be willing to come in and assist us in revamping the song to better fit the soundtrack. We finished it up and called in William Orbit to give it a somewhat futuristic millenium feel. Now the decision falls upon my shoulders as to whether to use it or not.

Tom: Though still, why wouldn't you use it.
Mariah: Well... because it deals with deep, deep insecurities that I have never mentioned or have vaguely eluded to in conversations. It's much deeper than "Close My Eyes", "Looking In", and even "Petals." That's why releasing this song is an issue with me.