MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
acko

Madonna will always be the bad guy

Let's roll our eyes collectively.

Some random editor writes:

Madonna wasn’t exactly a team player.

To say the Material Girl was a bit of a handful during the shoot is an understatement. In addition to refusing to perform for the extras and ignoring requests for autographs, she often complained about coming into the film a star but being relegated to the background. According to costar and friend Rosie O’Donnell, Madonna brought a boombox to set the first day and warned everybody that if they broke it, they’d have to buy her another one. She also wrote a somewhat scathing letter about her experiences to a friend, calling Geena Davis a “Barbie Doll” and lamenting the lack of “beautiful men” in Chicago.

But the people who were actually there say:

Geena Davis admits she wasn’t sure what it would be like to work with Madonna at the height of her fame.

“She was Madonna. We wondered if we were going to be able to talk to her. Was she going to have an entourage? Were they going to put up walls around her where she stands?” Davis recalls.

Ultimately, Madonna was a team player who trained hard and insisted on sliding head-first into bases. “That was painful. But she was so game. She was a trooper," says Davis.

AVclub: I don’t know if you’ve heard about the letter from Madonna that was recently unearthed where she was complaining about working on A League Of Their Own, saying, “I cannot suffer any more than I have in the past month learning to play baseball with a bunch of girls (yuk) in Chicago (double yuk)” and “I hate actresses.”

Jon Lovitz: I was only on the movie for four weeks. I’d been to her house, because I was friends with Sean Penn, so to me she was just another performer. I never put her on a pedestal. I like her a lot. I saw her about five years ago, and I told her, “I feel like my career started with you, and I have a fond place for you in my heart.” And mine did start with her. The first thing I ever did was with her. And she goes, “I know, I feel the same way about you.” But it was a tough shoot. After I left, it was very hot. It was 108. People were fainting on the set. But I remember when I was there, she was having a good time at baseball practice. I went just for fun, because I liked to play baseball and catch, but she would show up and she’d have already run eight miles. And then they’d do the practice and she’d stay after another hour and hit. Her work ethic is fantastic. I’d like to read that letter.
I’ll tell you something about that movie that the girls told me. It was like 40 women. They go, “Jon, when you get a group of women together, their menstrual cycles all get in sync, so they’re all getting their periods at the same time.” This is the women telling me this! So it’s 40 women, all getting their period at the same time. So that’s part of what happened. Plus, it was so hot.

I’ve always heard positive things about M....I know Penny said M was professional and practiced ball hard to get it right...(except Debra Winger backed out because of M being in it...that’s on her though)

I’m using yuck & double yuck in my everyday conversation  :rotfl:

:rotfl:

i love her bitchy letters.

Lmao it’s very interesting how some people always try to make her look like the villain, but the people who actually worked with her always have positive things to say. 

Yuk

Double yuk

QUEEN 

3 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

I’m using yuck & double yuck in my everyday conversation  :rotfl:

I used to say double fuck yuck.