MadonnaNation.com Forums
Shaun

Madonna in new Grammys promo spot: LONG LIVE MUSIC

Elvis, The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Madonna.

These are the legends. Gaga and other artists just don’t meet the criteria.

Gaga was a gimmick. 

7 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

Fuck the Grammys.

Agree. With so little talent around these days I don’t have much interest in the industry anymore.

It's not actually that bad, though...At least they cared enough to feature her, even in two shots. The real crime is leaving out all the other artists who were so much more important to the music scene than some of the featured ones. Where's Whitney, MJ, George Michael...?

Yes fuck the Grammys! 

Yikes. Sorry I opened this thread. I loved the ad.

1 hour ago, Nonoka said:

It's not actually that bad, though...At least they cared enough to feature her, even in two shots. The real crime is leaving out all the other artists who were so much more important to the music scene than some of the featured ones. Where's Whitney, MJ, George Michael...?

I agree.

21 minutes ago, Shaun said:

BUT WE LOVE YOU SHAUN!!! :lol: It's just the ad. You're loved here.

25 minutes ago, Shaun said:

:lmao:  Don't be sorry. In all honesty, I'm glad they included her, twice even. Considering how they've done her wrong, and so many others, for decades...it's the least they could do.

I'm just cynical about the whole awards system, esp. the Grammys. Considering who they've awarded over the years, esp. in the last decade or so, it's a real WTF.

Fuck the Grammys.  Giving awards and recognition to nobody's and ignoring the greats is disgusting.  Liked the inclusion of M....but why USE her (opening legs with "trashy" commentary)....really?  But you're gonna give an award to Silly Vanilli....then say OOPS....we made a mistake?  These people have no fucking clue!!  I'm not even gonna wonder why Cuntga & Bruno & J. Hudson are there while others are not.  They've been doing it for years.

@Shaun  Don't be sorry.  It's only an ad.  Thanks for sharing!!

The thing is, it is the Grammys specifically that are a ridiculous embarrassment.  We can all nit pick and point out snubs and oversights with the Oscars, Emmys, and National Book Awards, but by and large the nominees and winners of those awards are pretty damn good.  The Grammys for decades have presented a head scratching lineup of nominees and winners that simply aren't the best in their field, with very rare exceptions.

14 minutes ago, Shane said:

The thing is, it is the Grammys specifically that are a ridiculous embarrassment.  We can all nit pick and point out snubs and oversights with the Oscars, Emmys, and National Book Awards, but by and large the nominees and winners of those awards are pretty damn good.  The Grammys for decades have presented a head scratching lineup of nominees and winners that simply aren't the best in their field, with very rare exceptions.

TRUTH. 

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

Don't be sorry Shaun.  Your thread is a talking point  :zombie:     

3 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Don't be sorry Shaun.  Your thread is a talking point  :zombie:     

Bedtime Stories was nominated for Best Pop Album. They did try :lmao: 

1 hour ago, todsmod said:

Fuck the Grammys.  Giving awards and recognition to nobody's and ignoring the greats is disgusting.  Liked the inclusion of M....but why USE her (opening legs with "trashy" commentary)....really?  But you're gonna give an award to Silly Vanilli....then say OOPS....we made a mistake?  These people have no fucking clue!!  I'm not even gonna wonder why Cuntga & Bruno & J. Hudson are there while others are not.  They've been doing it for years.

@Shaun  Don't be sorry.  It's only an ad.  Thanks for sharing!!

:yes:

i watched without the sound on and hadnt even heard the "too trashy" line they say for M. ugh, what? even when she wins, she still loses, doesnt she?

also, notice all the gaga fans bombarding the comment section on youtube. that says it all.

Who are they kidding? Are the Grammys trying to rewrite their own history? "THEY said"? Really? The correct statement should be "WE said". All of those people shown (except the ones that should not be in it in the first place like Gaga, Mars and Hudson) were basically ignored, rejected for the very reasons mentioned in this ad by the Grammys themselves. And now the Grammys try to portray themselves as supportive and forward thinking because at some point they honored these legends. Did the Academy attend a course at the Kellyanne Conway School of manipulation? Subject: Alternative Facts?

34 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Who are they kidding? Are the Grammys trying to rewrite their own history? "THEY said"? Really? The correct statement should be "WE said". All of those people shown (except the ones that should not be in it in the first place like Gaga, Mars and Hudson) were basically ignored, rejected for the very reasons mentioned in this ad by the Grammys themselves. And now the Grammys try to portray themselves as supportive and forward thinking because at some point they honored these legends. Did the Academy attend a course at the Kellyanne Conway School of manipulation? Subject: Alternative Facts?

Agree!👍🏻

1 hour ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

:yes: exactly

10 hours ago, the-queen said:

Elvis, The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Madonna.

These are the legends. Gaga and other artists just don’t meet the criteria.

Agreed 100%

I didn't know where to post this so I'm going to post it here. I was just watching Fox and during a football game a commercial for Fruit Of The Loom underwear came on featuring a cover version of Holiday! WTF?!   

Lady Gaga is the very definition of a fad.

1 hour ago, Lucky Star One said:

I didn't know where to post this so I'm going to post it here. I was just watching Fox and during a football game a commercial for Fruit Of The Loom underwear came on featuring a cover version of Holiday! WTF?!   

A thread on it

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?/topic/56537-fruit-of-the-loom-using-holiday-for-their-holidays-commercial/