MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
loowee

Madonna featured in Vogue Paris (by Rihanna)

14 hours ago, loowee said:

Rihanna's the guest-editor for this months's Vogue Paris!

[IMG]

DP-R0zLW0AEroAu.jpg

3sRb3tJ.jpg

"My favorite Madonna image. A Versace campaign by Steven Meisel. So sexy. A mixture of ultra-femininity, she has voluptuous breast, flawless platinum blonde, silky skin, and masculinity, muscular legs ,jewels so ghetto ... And lavender is my favorite color. Not to mention Madonna! We met at Met Ball several times in private parties. She's a legend. An inspiration for so many artists, especially girls, first and foremost me. She created real visual shocks, on stage, in pictures or in her videos. SHE FEARS OF NOTHING. I believe that by pushing the boundaries as she did, by provoking, she was looking for herself. She wanted to see where her own limits were, how far she would be able to go. Not to mention her talent to reinvent herself. In the early 90s, she is already the "Queen of Pop", some thought she was out of breath, suddenly, she releaes Vogue and puts everyone on their knees. She's iconic, she's been around for thirty years and proves to the world that she's unbreakable. And she is still here."

and she gets it!:queenbitch:

Im truly hoping all these words came out of her mouth (not a manager, PR person or whoever) and she really knows her M shit and all about that time cause she was only 2 years old during this 'era' lol Dunno... some of the choice of words just sound bigger and more polished than whenever I hear Rihannna speak lol

5 hours ago, loowee said:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

FUCKING QUEEN. 

Fantastic :wow:

Just now, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Im truly hoping all these words came out of her mouth (Not a manager, PR person or whoever) and she really knows her M shit and all about that time cause she was only 2 years old during this 'era' lol 

Age is irrelevant! I wasn’t even ALIVE when Vogue was released and I dare a bitch to challenge my Madonna obsession :lol:

1 minute ago, IsaacHarris said:

Age is irrelevant! I wasn’t even ALIVE when Vogue was released and I dare a bitch to challenge my Madonna obsession :lol:

haha! :laugh:

YES RIRI! 

Someday the Universe will deliver the ultimate dance anthem with Madge and Rih at the helm ✨🙌🏾

Rihanna's BEEN a fan. I remember reading an interview years ago where she said growing up in Barbados she wasn't exposed to a lot of pop culture and she cited people like Madonna and Michael Jackson as being her main inspirations growing up

5 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Im truly hoping all these words came out of her mouth (not a manager, PR person or whoever) and she really knows her M shit and all about that time cause she was only 2 years old during this 'era' lol Dunno... some of the choice of words just sound bigger and more polished than whenever I hear Rihannna speak lol

I was only 2 during that era too, doesn't mean I don't understand the influence of it. :) I honestly think she's a real fan.

2 hours ago, Brasileiro said:

Someday the Universe will deliver the ultimate dance anthem with Madge and Rih at the helm ✨🙌🏾

This. 

Also, anyone who wants to be a singer or loves music, should know Madonna in detail.  Why Rihanna, Katy, Arianna, Miley, Pink etc know Madonna's catalogue in detail.  People who want a career in music should know superstars of the profession they want to make an impact and career out if. Otherwise,they are pretenders and lazy.  Have no respect for people who want to be professional singers who have poor music knowledge. Shows they have no true passion for music or their craft if they don't know music legends or bother to learn. 

When we read interviews of singers, it easy to tell who are true fans of Madonna. They always list her as an influence and 90% of them do.  

On 12/2/2017 at 12:22 PM, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

This was translated from English into French for the magazine and probably polished by the copy editor, then a fan online translated that back into English that we see here, so her speaking style is going to get lost a bit going through those multiple iterations. There’s a ton of people on this forum and “stan Twitter” younger than Rihanna who know just as much and even more than her displayed here, so it’s not unfeasible that she’d have this level of knowledge and loondom about Madonna. 

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Also, anyone who wants to be a singer or loves music, should know Madonna in detail.  Why Rihanna, Katy, Arianna, Miley, Pink etc know Madonna's catalogue in detail.  People who want a career in music should know superstars of the profession they want to make an impact and career out if. Otherwise,they are pretenders and lazy.  Have no respect for people who want to be professional singers who have poor music knowledge. Shows they have no true passion for music or their craft if they don't know music legends or bother to learn. 

When we read interviews of singers, it easy to tell who are true fans of Madonna. They always list her as an influence and 90% of them do.  

This. Great points. Gotta say out of ALL of them (at least w/in the least year) I was most impressed w/ Pinks recent praise. Every word was on the fly, live on TV and right from the heart. She knew the true goods (her M shit) and articulated it in a butter smooth, true loon way lol. Anyone who 'goes there' and shows the love for the Sex Book era, Truth Or Dare etc...(typically less non GP friendly specifics about Ms career) that's as authentic real deal as they come. The whole 'great biz woman', 'legend', trailblazer lines etc..zzz at this point lol

I came here to discuss this,I saw it all around twitter today!Rih is a real fan and the one closest to the idgaf attitude of M's.I love the love and respect she always shows towards M,and I truly believe they have such a great chemistry and enjoy each very very much!

IMG_-k24f04.jpg

IMG_sh4x78.jpg

15 minutes ago, kallidonna said:

I came here to discuss this,I saw it all around twitter today!Rih is a real fan and the one closest to the idgaf attitude of M's.I love the love and respect she always shows towards M,and I truly believe they have such a great chemistry and enjoy each very very much!

IMG_-k24f04.jpg

IMG_sh4x78.jpg

:inlove: Absolutely. Again, since day 1 the love and respect has been consistent but never too much or even hollow and transparent at x (like it got w/ Britney for a while). Obviously, most here have seen this. 2008! 10 years ago. 

True love. 

2 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

:inlove: Absolutely. Again, since day 1 the love and respect has been consistent but never too much or even hollow and transparent at x (like it got w/ Britney for a while). Obviously, most here have seen this. 2008! 10 years ago.

True love. 

Yeees I've seen this performance love it 💙 !!I love Brit she's possibly fangirling still over M singing her song 😁 she's such a sweetheart and she loooooves M  so much,if she sometimes went overboard she's forgiven she's a literal M loon 

3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Riri really is my favourite pop star of her generation. Her attitude is refreshing and even though i never really liked her music, her last album completly changed my opinion. I think she's the one who will surprise us in the future. She went to the Madonna school, aknowledges it and does not apply her recipe like a parrot or a copycat but does her own thing. She got Madonna in a way Katy Perry and gaga didn't. To me she really is the closest thing to Madonna. 

yes, attitude wise, she seems similar, but not in other things (work ethic, pushing boundaries, talent...)

On 01/12/2017 at 10:46 PM, Benji124 said:

I've wondered how Rihanna felt about Madonna after the Drake/Coachella incident (Rihanna was close to Drake at the time), I was afraid that maybe her opinion of Madonna had dampened, so this is nice to see.

I understand what you are saying, but I can totally picture Rihanna saying to Drake after that infamous kiss "Dude why the fuck did you do that? She's fucking Madonna!! you acted like a prick"

madonna asked rihanna first and even said drake is so sexy and wanted to sell him to her (i guess rihanna never was certain about wanting to be with drake). i forgot where i read this but like a classy woman M asked for permission first, knowing rihanna and drake have a thing

On 12/2/2017 at 11:22 AM, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

She wasn't two. Me and her are both born 88 so she was 7. At that age even I recognized those pics. Lol maybe I don't quite remember the songs in that era but her images were everywhere and so easily distinguishable. Hell, when I was 2 in 1990 I can vaguely remember dick Tracy and the vanity fair cover of her as Marilyn in the bob Mackie gown!

On 2 December 2017 at 2:46 PM, Benji124 said:

I've wondered how Rihanna felt about Madonna after the Drake/Coachella incident (Rihanna was close to Drake at the time), I was afraid that maybe her opinion of Madonna had dampened, so this is nice to see.

The biggest mystery is what beautiful exciting famous women like Madonna and Rihanna saw in Drake.  He is such a drip and and pulls the most ghastly stupid faces around beautiful women. Imagine trying to get passionate with him and seeing that pained expression on his face.  :wacko:

Just now, Jazzy Jan said:

The biggest mystery is what beautiful exciting famous women like Madonna and Rihanna saw in Drake.  He is such a drip and and pulls the most ghastly stupid faces around beautiful women. Imagine trying to get passionate with him and seeing that pained expression on his face.  :wacko:

:lol2: I find him repulsive and his “singing” repulsive! He gives me gay vibes also, maybe that’s why he pulls those faces, he is into men not women lol

6 minutes ago, Mmmmm said:

:lol2: I find him repulsive and his “singing” repulsive! He gives me gay vibes also, maybe that’s why he pulls those faces, he is into men not women lol

He had that same pained expression performing with Nikki Minaj too. It looks like a combination of him being constipated, terrified, horrified and disgusted ! 

57 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

He had that same pained expression performing with Nikki Minaj too. It looks like a combination of him being constipated, terrified, horrified and disgusted ! 

:lol2::lol2:

On 3 December 2017 at 8:29 AM, kallidonna said:

IMG_-k24f04.jpg

IMG_sh4x78.jpg

What year was the first pic taken of M and Rihanna? She looks so much younger in the below pic which is obviously during the Rebel Heart era, most likely the signing of the Tidal signing event.

10 minutes ago, Rugbyguy said:

What year was the first pic taken of M and Rihanna? She looks so much younger in the below pic which is obviously during the Rebel Heart era, most likely the signing of the Tidal signing event.

Both from 2015(Met gala and the Tidal event)

4884e552a10ed22ebed601e6a6260569--rihanna-riri-rihanna-and.jpg