MadonnaNation.com Forums
sul8323

Madonna's live albums are seriously underrated.

Madonna's live albums may not be as polished as her studio albums but they deliver so much life.  Recently, I switched to Madonna Live for my work outs and my performance has greatly improved.  Madonna's live music is all light and offers unprecedented endurance.  Sure.... I pretend that I am performing but I have dropped fifteen pounds in three weeks in the process. Haha.  :)  #dontstopmenow #dontneedtocatchmybreath  #giveit2me

M delivers her music so perfectly when she is performing but her live albums are shunned by the masses as she has never been accepted as a "musician" despite writing hundreds of songs, playing multiple instruments, carrying so many awards and honors and holding a discography that would make any man, woman or child (living or dead) irreconcilably envious.  One only needs to look at the copycats and wannabes to verify the industry wide envy.  #liquidlove #toomuchblindinglight #shinyandnew #onandonthebeatgoes  #lovetechnician Live.... Madonna is undediably brilliant.... We should call them the "LIFE" version rather tgan "live" versions.  Just sayin'.  My personal live favorites are....

IGTTYAS

1. Nobody Knows Me

2. American Life

3. Into the Groove

CONFESSIONS

4. Jump

5. Ray of Light

6. Music

7. Hung Up

STICKY AND SWEET

8. Human Nature

9. Vogue

10. Give It to Me

MDNA

11. Gang Bang

12. I'm Addicted

13. Celebration

REBEL ❤

14. Girl Gone Wild

15. Holy Water

16. Like a Virgin

17. Unapologetic Bitch

Believe it or not the live version of Spanish Lesson nearly made this list...  I love it when Madonna collaborates with other musicians on tour.  The results always seem to elevate even her unprecedented energy and creativity.  What more can I say?  I love Madonna and absolutely adore her "LIFE" versions.  XOXOXO  Am I alone here?  

I love all her live albums. When it comes to certain songs (for example TUTR) I only listen to the live versions.

43 minutes ago, LVX said:

I love all her live albums. When it comes to certain songs (for example TUTR) I only listen to the live versions.

I'm a Sinner is one of those songs for me.  I adore the live version.  

The looped audience noice makes MDNA live album unlistenable.

IMO she has never done a live album.

The Confessions Tour CD is better than COADF itself  💿

I enjoy the most S & S and Confessions! IGTTYAS is very good as well. 

MDNAT is still one of all time favorite tours, but not so much the CD. 

Didn’t  have a chance to purchase RHT as of yet....

Overall, very pleased with almost all her releases & grateful we actually get them as fans. Other fan bases sometimes get screwed! 

On 30/11/2017 at 8:12 PM, acko said:

IMO she has never done a live album.

:lmao:

I made myself a double DWT live CD and it was my most listened Madonna "album"  ever :inlove:

On 11/29/2017 at 8:44 AM, sul8323 said:

Madonna's live albums may not be as polished as her studio albums but they deliver so much life.  Recently, I switched to Madonna Live for my work outs and my performance has greatly improved.  Madonna's live music is all light and offers unprecedented endurance.  Sure.... I pretend that I am performing but I have dropped fifteen pounds in three weeks in the process. Haha.  :)  #dontstopmenow #dontneedtocatchmybreath  #giveit2me

M delivers her music so perfectly when she is performing but her live albums are shunned by the masses as she has never been accepted as a "musician" despite writing hundreds of songs, playing multiple instruments, carrying so many awards and honors and holding a discography that would make any man, woman or child (living or dead) irreconcilably envious.  One only needs to look at the copycats and wannabes to verify the industry wide envy.  #liquidlove #toomuchblindinglight #shinyandnew #onandonthebeatgoes  #lovetechnician Live.... Madonna is undediably brilliant.... We should call them the "LIFE" version rather tgan "live" versions.  Just sayin'.  My personal live favorites are....

IGTTYAS

1. Nobody Knows Me

2. American Life

3. Into the Groove

CONFESSIONS

4. Jump

5. Ray of Light

6. Music

7. Hung Up

STICKY AND SWEET

8. Human Nature

9. Vogue

10. Give It to Me

MDNA

11. Gang Bang

12. I'm Addicted

13. Celebration

REBEL ❤

14. Girl Gone Wild

15. Holy Water

16. Like a Virgin

17. Unapologetic Bitch

Believe it or not the live version of Spanish Lesson nearly made this list...  I love it when Madonna collaborates with other musicians on tour.  The results always seem to elevate even her unprecedented energy and creativity.  What more can I say?  I love Madonna and absolutely adore her "LIFE" versions.  XOXOXO  Am I alone here?  

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I LIVE for Madonna's live renditions of her songs. In fact, I probably listen to concert audio far more than I even listen to the studio recordings. Yep.

I usually listen to complete high quality rips of the whole show audio from the film releases vs her actual live cds, but I do listen to those as well.

For all the complaints the usual folks have, we are damn lucky as a fanbase to have as many live releases as we do (and even for those without a live album release, we have full official tour films to rip audio from). So many fanbases don't even have that, especially from pop artists. We really do have a lot to be thankful for.